SAU Community

Motorsport Build Section

Risking

Can we get a Motorsport build subsection, like what there used to be?

If it was strictly controlled and had only proper circuit and drag builds it would be beneficial for this section.

The bolt on turbos and paint job threads could stay where they are. Just use the section for the vast amount of quality Motorsport builds and developements that happen. The good Motorsport builds currently seem to be drowned out.

Just an idea for 2013......

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also for the idea of true motorsport builds being seperate to the normal build threads.

To make it simple do you have a criteria that the car has to have a cage in it to qualify for inclusion?

x 11ty!

Said and knew it was a bad decision to move the MS builds with street car builds. I for one VERY VERY seldom visit the build threads because as said already, MS builds seem to get lost amongst others..... Do the forum a favor and make some changes I reckon.

No need for more sub sections though IMO, just lump them in the MS forum and they'll survive on their own merit.

The sink or swim mentality marlin I like it :)

A sub section does make finding threads that were of Interest much easier down the track

I don't think a requirement like a roll cage is nessiary. Take each car on its merit. Most people in this section know if someone is building a car to actually use or if its just another turbo and r comps slapper.

There are high end street cars being built like bobby's R34 but they could stay where tey are

NS (cringe) have a collaboration thread for the Motorsport community but that looks impossible to keep up with.

Hi guys, this was discussed and agreed late last year, I will get it sorted in the next week or two. We will stick with a subsection but I'll post up details of how to subscribe to whole sections which may help.

So please start collecting threads to be moved into the Motorsport Builds section.

Also, I'm happy to hear any other ideas to get this place jumping again.

Hopefully we can breathe some life into this section for the new year :)

A win for the Motorsport section!

Results threads are good but usually just a repeat of the same people posting their results.

I reckon guys who are into this section like seeing what is happening to different cars and how things are done.

It'll be good to see all the builds that are relevant to this section in one common place again.

There needs to be a "Transfer" button from the normal build threads to the motorsport build threads as I have no doubt many guys have set out on a "street build" which very rapidly turns into a track only car. Is that an option down the track for the evolutions? Can they just contact a moderator to have it tansferred (obviously only if deemed worthy by the mod!)??

Why is that the more you spend on your car the less you drive it? Am I the only one thinking that? Even more so once the car becomes a fully track driven car i guess. Hopefully I don't find out....

Oh that thread! Yep understand. I started that thread to give people a place to post general stuff about their car that didn't necessarily want to start their own build thread. Its been a good thread if I may so and would probably be good for here as well to create some extra random discussion :)

However you have given me an idea to start a Motorsports build section for Motorsport focussed card on NS... not sure if it will work as their is a large build forum already. Will see how it goes.

Agree for this forum there should be a build section for dedicated track/motorsport cars.

BTW: the NS Motorsport section isn't cringe worthy :) theres actually some very knowledgeable guys on there with some very good and quick track cars :thumbsup:

Edited by SRS13

Yeah,

I would be very interested as well..

Just changed my username from tarmac Kermit...( based on I am starting with another shell and cage-thanks Brad/Brighty)

Finally have the car rolling now so its off to AFM( Phil) for the chassis work and paint... then start transferring the mechanicals..

cheers

chris