SAU Community

Timmy's R34 Gtt

^^ Provided you're not planning on winning championships, the 2wd R chassis has a number of things that make it a good fun thing to own and drive on track. And you do get to the point of not being prepared to cut losses once you've gone down the path of track modifications. I'd say keep driving it if it makes you grin each time after a run.

The trouble is that I can't figure out anything specific to race in my car with, and in most instances it would still require quite a bit of modifying to meet standards for any type of regulation series. I do enjoy driving the car but just go through stages. It's alright though, I have gotten over the lull that I was in the other day and have no intention of selling my "no withdrawing allowed" piggy bank haha.

I do wish to move in the direction of competing in events where driver skill is more at play then how much money you have to spend on your car though, so we might see more happening in that direction in the near future, but for now, there are a couple of things that have just been brought in to the works that will definitely keep my interested ;)

I have Nulon Nationals Rd3 tomorrow, and will be arranging a full cornerweight/alignment with Heasman's for next month as well as fitting my new Hardrace LCA's as well.

I just put my entry in for Mount Panorama hill climb event next month so will compete at that and then will be making a couple of small-ish changes to the car after that ;)

P.S. How's you aero coming along?

The aero has stalled.

Focus on chasing a bit of MR2 setup and seeing the Evo running.

Time and effort and $$ on corner weighting is probably less critical than getting ride heights (meaning suspension arm angles) close to right, and spring/sway bar combinations within the right ballpark first. My opinion only.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Turns out I am terrible at providing updates of late. Life/work is keeping me too busy to do much with the car besides attending Nulon Nationals Round 3 a couple weeks back now. There were a couple of small issues on the day but not chasing times I was able to run 1:10's consistently and enjoy myself 'playing' with other drivers/cars on the track.

I will post some pics/vids and a bit more information soon as there were a couple of small dramas on the day, unfortunately resulting on me having the trailer the car home. This is the joy of motorsport/modifying cars I guess lol.

I'm also excited to say that plans have become much more positive with the car and some further upgrades are in the works. More on this later also ;)

Life/work is keeping me too busy to do much with the car besides attending Nulon Nationals Round 3 a couple weeks back now.

I will post some pics/vids and a bit more information soon

Let's see some in-car or it didn't happen ;)

So I competed at the Esses hill climb event at Mount Panorama today.

Will hopefully get some pics up and a video of my fastest run, but here is a video that shows how much use I got out of the entire track..... ;)

Awesome work Tim!

I realised that I didn't put a lot of information up regarding the big brake setup, so for those interested, I have written a review and put it in the Suspension/Braking section on the forum.

You can find it here - http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/459054-review-alpha-omega-racing-350mm-brembo-front-brake-adaptor-kit

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been a bit slow in doing the rear brake conversion but it should be all back together next week. I have disassembled the calipers to repaint and rebuild and have been quite busy as well so progress has been a tad slow.

I also had a delivery today. More news to come soon.

received_10156088126265274.jpg

Excellent progress mate youve done so well since the beginning of this thread Been following you more on your fb page..

Thanks mate :) . The car and myself have definitely come along, and the bank account has definitely gone the opposite direction lol...

Dare i say thats hypergears atr45sat?

:ph34r:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally finished rebuilding my calipers and got the brakes all fitted up to the car.

20151010_112720.jpg
They are a perfect fit,very snug though.
20151010_190937.jpg
I haven't been able to really take the car for a drive after bleeding up the brakes, being Bathurst 1000 weekend there are far too many highway patrol around for any nice daily driving. The Skyline cooincidentally got defected this exact day last year so I wasn't going to let that happen again lol. Will get the pads bedded in during the week before heading to WTAC in it :)

that certainly looks like a tight fit.. if its less than say 5mm of clearance id be worried about flex rubbing the caliper face

There is actually a reasonable amount of clearance between the spokes and the caliper if that's what you're referring to?