SAU Community

Timmy's R34 Gtt

Any further details with the Nistune issues? you're not the only one who has had issues with it and flextune.

From what I understand, the Nistune software recognized that the flex sensor was connected but just wouldn't read anything over E0. I believe Jez re-flashed the software on to the ECU and after this it worked?

That thing looks like it now has some stick. What is the spec of your fuel pump(s) and injectors?

Definitely feels like it now too. It is a little laggier but power delivery comes on quick when it does.

I have a Walbro 460 in tank with the Aftermarket Industries surge tank currently housing another single Walbro 460, and I have Xspurt 1000cc injectors.

Great read ,i have a similar set up 34,where have you got the Go Pro mounted for the Bathurst footage and were you expecting a little more power from the tune or is there take 2 coming ?

I mount the GoPro on my harness bar.

I try not to look for numbers with new tunes, all I hoped for was to crack 300rwkw which we did. Jez's dyno tends to read a little lower then some others as well.

The power will now stay as is for quite a while now and I'll be focusing on competing as much as possible. I did about 16 track days this year (or will have by the end of this month) but about half of those were casual events. I want to compete more and push the car to it's limit :)

• Like 1

To be honest it's hard to give an exact review, with 20% more power and no ABS it made the car rather different in terms of braking (the car travelling faster and also not being able to jump on them as hard as I used to to avoid lockups). They performed great though and did very much better balanced. Once I have had a couple of more days on track and have decided whether I want to fix up the ABS issue or not I should be able to give better feedback :)

Cool - gotta have that ABS!

My fronts and maybe/hopefully/possibly the rears are going on next week. Really looking forward to that Brembo goodness.

• 4 weeks later...

This weekend was Bathurst Speed Weekend. It consisted of another supersprint event on the Saturday, and the Mountain Straight hill climb on the Sunday.

Saturday went well, the car ran well and I had some great fun. Still getting use to the non-ABS, I did have a couple of lock ups coming down Conrod and braking after the kink at around 220-230km/h, I think I will stick with it though. I ended up 0.1 seconds slower then the time I set at the previous supersprint. Unfortunately I forgot to charge and pack my GoPro's so no footage of this, though it would have been much the same as the footage from the start of the month anyway.

Sunday saw me running the hill climb for the first time with the new setup. I was cautious that the car might suffer from the extra lag with upward drive of a hill climb, but the car felt like it was on song all day. My first run of the day saw me cut 1.1 seconds off my previous PB of 53.04 seconds, which I was certainly pleased with considering this was more of a siting lap and the track was still quite cold and slippery. I improved with each run and at the end of the day I managed a 50.11 seconds with what felt like a good run. There was still potential for me to crack into the 49 seconds with more track time.

Here is the in-car of my fastest run on the hill climb.

I was really trying to push my limits on my third run of the day and things got a little sideways, here a clip of how you probably shouldn't take Griffin's Bend if you want to put down a solid time. I still managed a 50.63 on the run lol.

There were a few photographer about, so once I have some photos I will chuck them up :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well it seems a have been terrible with updates as usual.

Since competing at the above event Bathurst Speed weekend I was awarded the Bathurst Light Car Club 'Speed' trophy. The car club run a championship for all of there events and I managed to come out on top over all the supersprint and hill climb events which was pretty cool.

Here a couple of awesome shots from the event courtesy of Dave Oliver!

12400813_991865357538619_879159349443169
One of my 'slight' lock-ups on the supersprint
12507360_991865494205272_207302776871623
12472673_991865660871922_875554752454039
  • Like 1

Last weekend I was lucky enough to be invited by Nulon to join their team and have a bit of fun on the wet skid pan at Nulon Nationals Round 1. I was quite excited to jump in the car as it had been over a month since driving at Mount Panorama and I had also just been to New Zealand and attended D1NZ, so I was definitely in the mood to have a bit of a slide around. I filled the car and a couple of jerry cans with some corn juice and made the trek to Sydney.

The day started off well and the car felt great.

12472408_995516933840128_297102190694754
Then the Nulon Nationals curse struck again. I somehow managed to break a driveshaft whilst on the wet skid pan. I was fortunate enough that a good friend who was also driving on the day let me jump in their car for the rest of the day.
I drove the car home (very cautiously) at the end of the day. Let me say, driving 1WD isn't so great lol.
The next morning I got straight in to it and removed the broken shaft.
12417702_992790687446086_642281431565332
I was able to source a replacement (and spare) relatively quickly but they unfortunately weren't delivered in time for me to put it in this weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

Who would like to guess how much my car weighs? Currently running a competition on the CNTS Racing Facebook page.

12662442_1004286902963131_59713967994796
This has been a bit of a wake up call that the car needs to go on a bit of a diet (which I secretly already knew lol)

• 4 weeks later...

Ok guys, for those playing at home and that don't follow the CNTS Racing page, the car initially weighed in at 1460kg. I removed about 50kg from the car from just the interior. The intention is to remove further weight such as the air con, etc, however I just simply ran out of time.

Not much else had happened until yesterday where I competed in Round 2 of the NSW Hill Climb Championships again. This was on the Mountain Straight side of Mount Panorama. The best time I managed yesterday was 51 seconds flat, just shy of my PB but still good enough to snag 2nd in class (out of about 25 cars).

Video of my run below:

Pics will get posted on the CNTS Racing page as I find them :)

I said 1468 do I get a prize[emoji1] on a more serious note, well done on the 2nd place. You said you removed 50kg, so the car is 1390 now? If it is, that's pretty damn good.

Thanks mate.

Yea I removed 50kg, so 1460 - 50 = 1410kg :P

I will easily be under 1400 once I remove a few more things though.