SAU Community

Timmy's R34 Gtt

Well I have just finished cleaning up the car after the drive to/from World Time Attack Challenge. I was asked to put it in the show n shine by Alpha Omega Racing after finishing the install of the rear kit. Unfortunately I seem to have suffered from either heat stroke, or was mesmerised by all of the awesome cars (maybe both) and didn't take a single photo of the car there. Will post any up that I find but feel free to chuck some up if you find them or took some yourself, would like to see them.

I have also packed the car up ready to be dropped off at DVS Tuning tomorrow for Jez to work his magic. I'll be leaving it with him for at least a couple of weeks whilst he does a few things with the car.

Teaser #2

20151018_152645.jpg

Oh my... is that jungle juice! Man my car drinks the shit out of e85 lol tell you what even on a flex setup my wallet hates me!. Sooo keen for your results..oh and feedback on your turbo! Car looks great too.

Side note wheres you get your nistune stickers? I think id like some haha

Oh my... is that jungle juice! Man my car drinks the shit out of e85 lol tell you what even on a flex setup my wallet hates me!. Sooo keen for your results..oh and feedback on your turbo! Car looks great too.

Side note wheres you get your nistune stickers? I think id like some haha

Haha I'm pretty keen too. Thanks man ^_^

Got the Nistune stickers from Matt at Nistune

So as you guys figured out, the package from Hypergear was a brand new ATR45SAT.

I opted to go internally gated for matter of ease and am very hopeful of what power Jez will be able to pull from it when he works his magic.

Here is a pic comparing size to the stock OP6 highflow.

received_10156165376215274.jpg
  • Like 2

​Alpha have a eta on the adaptors? Keen to get my hands on a set haha. Keen to see updates on E85 too! Keep it up.

Just waiting on confirmation of group buy pricing and it will be up. They were waiting to see if I had any issues with my install and I took a little bit longer then expected so I may have caused the delay there :(

I am hoping to have the group buy up next week, shoot me a PM and I'll make sure to message you once it has been posted :) . I already have a number of people I need to message as soon as the group buy is posted :)

This morning Jez notified me he had noticed a crack in my manifold, before I even finished typing a message to some fellow SAU buddies he had sent me another message saying he had one sourced lol.

received_1483518621978070.jpg
He finished bolting up the new turbo today and is part way through fittings the new fuel setup.
received_10156168901420274.jpg
Will post some pictures of the surge tank, etc, after it is all finished :)
  • Like 3

MAAAAD! Im almost done putting the ATR45SAT in my 33 - Please let me know how it goes when tuned :)

Will post results here once I know ;)

Not super exciting, but here is what the new Fenix intercooler looks like mounted (prior to the new piping being fitted)

12170338_1483976841932248_1108335491_n.j
  • Like 1

I kinda missed making some of the latest updates so now for a big (shortened) post.

Jez did an amazing job at mounting the Aftermarket Industries SP1200 surge tank up under the parcel shelf. The battery has now been moved to the side of the boot.

12193663_10207901733683146_2611527114773

The plan was to pick the car up this Saturday ready to race at a supersprint event on Mount Panorama the following Sunday. The car had pretty much been pieced back together and this left only one thing being tuning, fit up the Nistune flex harness. As it turned out, I hadn't been sent the voltage adaptor with my harness so Jez was quick to get on to Matt at Nistune to get one sent out. This was Wednesday night. Matt had the adaptor in an overnight parcel first thing Thursday. Jez decided to get the 98pulp tune out of the way, so this was done Friday morning. (Obligatory Dvs Tuning dyno photo)

received_1486145191715413.jpg

The car responded relatively well to the new setup and Jez was able to tune a reliable 270rwkw. No less then 5 minutes after I was told the results, I had notification of the parcel being delivered. Jez found it at his door and got to fitting the voltage adaptor for the flex harness a little bit later.

received_1486204595042806.jpg

Then the sad news. Jez informed me that the Nistune software wasn't reading the flex sensor. At around 9PM he called it quits and I was not feeling hopeful as Matt from Nistune had now gone on leave for the next week. Jez had sent me this.

received_1486275125035753.jpg

8AM Saturday morning I get a message from Jez "I got it reading". I was rather ecstatic to say the least. Dyno results below - suffice to say I was happy ^_^

received_1486477621682170.jpg

Whilst the car was there I also had a new pod cover/enclosure made up.

received_1486558768340722.jpg

Anyway, on to Sunday.

Supersprint at Mount Panorama. I didn't really take any pictures, but did have the GoPro in the car. I was still getting used the new power delivery and I had also asked Jez to remove the HICAS and TCS computers from under the parcel shelf. Unknowingly, this also 'disables' the ABS. If you didn't know this, now you do lol.

Anyway, I guess I'm pretty happy with the results, I claimed 1st in class and 2nd outright for the day :banana:

Here is a video of my fastest run for the day (could easily be improved upon).

The last I did the supersprint my best time was a 52.47. They shortened the course this time by about 100m, which we estimated to be about 2 seconds less in time. Today my best time was a 44.85. Suffice to say, I think the car goes a little quicker ;)

• Like 4

Anyway, on to Sunday.

Supersprint at Mount Panorama. I didn't really take any pictures, but did have the GoPro in the car. I was still getting used the new power delivery and I had also asked Jez to remove the HICAS and TCS computers from under the parcel shelf. Unknowingly, this also 'disables' the ABS. If you didn't know this, now you do lol.

Anyway, I guess I'm pretty happy with the results, I claimed 1st in class and 2nd outright for the day :banana:

Here is a video of my fastest run for the day (could easily be improved upon).

The last I did the supersprint my best time was a 52.47. They shortened the course this time by about 100m, which we estimated to be about 2 seconds less in time. Today my best time was a 44.85. Suffice to say, I think the car goes a little quicker ;)

Nice vid...so jealous! How fast are you going down conrod?

Soooo goood! Hey man what tyres are you running, i cant be bothered searching through the 20 odd pages to find it haha..none the less though very nice pleased to see everything came together.. how much torque did it make? Was that full e85 tune?

Hey Tim,

How much of a difference did the AOR rears make?

To be honest it's hard to give an exact review, with 20% more power and no ABS it made the car rather different in terms of braking (the car travelling faster and also not being able to jump on them as hard as I used to to avoid lockups). They performed great though and did very much better balanced. Once I have had a couple of more days on track and have decided whether I want to fix up the ABS issue or not I should be able to give better feedback :)

Nice vid...so jealous! How fast are you going down conrod?

Speed.... hard to say exactly. Speedo goes to 180, just after the top of the rise on Conrod I am easily off the clock. I can't see revs exactly in my video, but based off memory it was around 5800-6000rpm in 5th gear, which converts to around the 230km/h mark :)

Soooo goood! Hey man what tyres are you running, i cant be bothered searching through the 20 odd pages to find it haha..none the less though very nice pleased to see everything came together.. how much torque did it make? Was that full e85 tune?

Running Hankook RS3's. Torque figure, Jez is getting back to me with today. Full E85.

• Like 1