SAU Community

R32 Gtst - Track Car

bcozican

15 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Precision turbo dose, at least the wheel won't fall off 😂

depends how much you wind it up maybe 🤞

little bitta flavour for you... newly developed duel element front canards in coming

IMG_6776.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Some know some dont but I'll try keep this updated as this is where it started

Last bit of aero added rear diffuser and side duel element canards

We added a header tank now just to run some water lines and give it a tickle.

Hopefully by end of March im in the seat and we can start working and the organic spacer

All fancy parts etc aside. I'll drive whatever ive got as hard as I can but I hope we just have a balanced car that only needs tweeks here and there...  which never happens 😆 

Side note: that poor gtr front bar has been chopped, added to, changed and riveted to an inch of its life lol  and was considering putting a rear bar back on now I have a diffuser just for looks but thats not just a straight fit on which the extra wide body and the rear qtr being cut so high and also the amount of this I have to get to under the back now is redic so it all might just stay like this for ease 😕

20240217_105918.thumb.jpg.6e8dfa771e44d9c8cea36703b2067897.jpg20240217_121728.thumb.jpg.e745dc11a818245dcd166bbc65cc2548.jpgIMG_1201(1).thumb.jpg.f2b5dd61bc3300ae9b003a598c9cd39e.jpg

Edited by bcozican
  • Like 8

Jesus, that's a big diffuser. Planning to come East for some events at SMSP before WTAC 24?

Out of interest, do you rate the Motorsport ABS? While I'm needlessly upgrading mine I have been considering it but $12k is a lot of cash.

diffuser is bigger than I thought but its the same as everyone else as universal so maybe the lack of bumper or camera angle... or its just big

100% can see the value a flat floor would bring though to join it all together

Yes planning to be over east previous to WTAC and not just at SMSP - just need to organise storage of all my stuff + car etc as Im not going to drive over and back multiple times its not horrible but its really not the most  fun and I just dont have the time either

ABS - big $ yeah + install etc etc. the spend of cash still comes down to the individual ... I did fine without it but 100% I am braking better with it and have picked up time - that just comes  from me as an amateur being able to push it harder without the threat of locking a tyre and 1) screwing a tyre and 2) going shooting off into the sand which adds confidence

In essence you can use your brakes to their limit - pretty much every time

In addition - I dont know your rules and regs but the wheel sensors im now using for traction control and the torque control mapping model for the Motec

Edited by bcozican
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PranK said:

I can't wait to learn how it performs. It looks awesome. 

I shared this on insta but couldn't fit it all in!! :rofl2:

fingers crossed good !

yes its an issue haha

didnt even know about insta sau must increase my non existent e - game !

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Changed tact with the thoughts on the braking situation have gone with a tried and proven complete  GT monoblock Brembo setup

Fronts: we should be able to squeeze a 395 rotor in, just ....

706670324.thumb.jpg.83726fcd372352dc1b08bc5987afb004.jpg

Rear with 355 rotor

3fc3e7c0-.thumb.jpg.ff263c653c9d9fcd090d572f552cfb0a.jpg

730883376.thumb.jpg.6b4d21a69351f7ee9140a98a18431f77.jpg

Should do the job 🤔 

• Like 6

My Bosch ABS arrived yesterday, I'll be interested to hear how you rate it now that you've got enough brakes to slow the rotation of the earth. I reckon the ABS will be working pretty hard to keep up with this mental setup you've put on.

My mate runs 380mm V8SC brakes on his IPRA car, it's mental and you've gone even bigger😂

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Komdotkom said:

My Bosch ABS arrived yesterday, I'll be interested to hear how you rate it now that you've got enough brakes to slow the rotation of the earth. I reckon the ABS will be working pretty hard to keep up with this mental setup you've put on.

My mate runs 380mm V8SC brakes on his IPRA car, it's mental and you've gone even bigger😂

nice - pain in the butt to get that in and setup/ installed but good when done - you running sensors off hubs not shafts yeah ?

it will be interesting thats for sure might take a bit of getting used to def think lucky have setup data to adjust ABS etc to optimise asap and just tweek from there I gather

53 minutes ago, No Crust Racing said:

Tyre adhesion will be the challenge. 

It will be - not going to be running the max high coeffcient sprint pad just a normal race pad as got told "it'll rip ya face off" otherwise 😅

52 minutes ago, robbo_rb180 said:

Damn, that's a lot of brake.

How long til back on track again? 

Tis alot - hopefully now never go wanting 

i'll say 3 - 4 weeks tops for for testing again .. car is very close and im on holidays for a bit and waiting for e85 delivery (welcome to being in w.a haha)

Edited by bcozican

1 hour ago, No Crust Racing said:

Tyre adhesion will be the challenge. 

Yep....it is worth remembering anything except the shittest brake setups are limited by tyre grip for a single stop, not brake ability.

Bigger brakes only make a difference for repeated stops as smaller brakes would get hot and fade