SAU Community

R32 Gtst - Track Car

bcozican

totally agree which is why I have stayed with what Ive got till now and ran full r34 gtr brembos for years till I went past that limit

obviously the above brake kit is genuinely to the upper end of any braking system needed for most motorsport and maybe overkill but still have to have the hardware to do the job and not just

Even just sprint/ time attack 1 or 2 lap dash type thing what I have on now, which is at the lower end of where youd want to be, at SMP in 14 hot laps over 3 days I chewed about 70% of a new rotor and pads where ran at 60 % of max power half the time and other at 80% power the brakes did OK for my first go but also really only because of ABS was letting me go past where I should.

We also found by T8 hairpin on first hot lap it was starting to get hmmmm and T10 i was pretty much trail braking through necessity due to brake fade and thats on the ABS let alone another lap

will now be looking to run at least 20% more power than previously + some other things on a full hot lap

So if you go a kit in between what I had and now and the above - itd still be an awesome big brake kit so same would still apply its tyre grip and would it do the job yes - but but calculation and speaking with others once again just or still running it at 90% capacity and tbh the price difference isnt that much

Hopefully with this there are no if, but, maybes and once again the only let down may become driver skill / ability which Im OK with

• Like 1

On 06/03/2024 at 3:20 PM, bcozican said:

nice - pain in the butt to get that in and setup/ installed but good when done - you running sensors off hubs not shafts yeah ?

Yeah, I just called Brad and he sent me the shit. Top guy to deal with, just get's it done.

Have you sorted the whole "tearing sub frames out under brakes"?

Also, what have you got done in the way of ducting to keep the brakes cool? What is the air into, and out of that area like for flow? 

Do you feel there's a possibility you're straight up lacking some cooling flow to keep things going?

I know you've got a lot of grip, and power, but not even a full hot lap without fade on the original brake setup, I'd be expecting myself a TOUCH more out of them. But maybe that's just my personal view. Just thinking when the production car guys can go lap after lap after lap on stock brakes (yes with less power and aero, but a LOT more stops in a row). Just my thoughts on it.

Posted (edited)

Have alot of bracing on std front subframe now and chromoly version is in the works. R33 oem tie rod ends have become a consumable

Its like anything. Balance. Ask an aero guy putting brakes ducts in theyll throttle you. Brakes guy wil need ducts. Engine guy. Need more air for cooling but the aero guy is gonna kill you. Its all a balance

We are talking about running these at max limit of everything for one lap or two

Like ive said previously, these did the job enough yes, but also tryna push some more now and id rather not f**k around and find out trying to brake at the 50m mark not the 65m mark and it gone wrong type thing

Yeah look at 600hp and 80% braking in a race i could prob get 3 decent laps out of it as is. Maybe more. Ive never raced.....

Regardless the rears are / were std 34 gtr 30 yrs old brembos with a single piece rotor. Thats just not going to be optimal 

then you throw into the equation the the tyres are only really good for 1 lap.. tops 2 (but always proven not as fast all things being equal)

Then you put everything together above as discussed and you get to a decision. And this was mine

I used to look at the topish time attack cars and honestly used to think all this was more simple and sort of black and white buy good expensive stuff, this and that and race but as always everyone does things differently and not everything is that easy and works that way. Im trying to listen and follow those way more experienced than me rather than guessing anymore

Either way, by no means am I saying im special or awesome, I put some of what Im up to and all this out there for people to see and read where usually unless you know the person or workshop with a car like this you dont get to see or hear alot about the happenings most of the time. At least I havent

Opnions, questions and debates are good and welcome

Edited by bcozican
  • Like 5

You can get away with smaller (less than you'd want) brake ducts with a little water spray added into them. Only need a super mister nozzle, a little pump and small bore tubing to get enough water to take the sting out of the brakes. Make friends with the aero guy again.

f**k this is an epic build, not much left on the table now surely. More carbon/less weight and correctly located ballast and even more aero is all I can think of. I love how it's gone from a pretty decent Sprint/club day car to full bonkers in a short space of time.

Did you just load Brad's tune into your ABS? I'm hoping I don't have to think about it too much. On another note, I thought Motec were price gouging when they charged $500 for a UTC but they are rookies compared to Bosch. $1800 for a tuning cable? Jesus.

Do you have any in-car from WTAC 23?

7 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

You can get away with smaller (less than you'd want) brake ducts with a little water spray added into them. Only need a super mister nozzle, a little pump and small bore tubing to get enough water to take the sting out of the brakes. Make friends with the aero guy again.

Something similar was actually discussed not long ago as well as a spray into the cooling system

7 hours ago, Komdotkom said:

f**k this is an epic build, not much left on the table now surely. More carbon/less weight and correctly located ballast and even more aero is all I can think of. I love how it's gone from a pretty decent Sprint/club day car to full bonkers in a short space of time.

Did you just load Brad's tune into your ABS? I'm hoping I don't have to think about it too much. On another note, I thought Motec were price gouging when they charged $500 for a UTC but they are rookies compared to Bosch. $1800 for a tuning cable? Jesus.

Do you have any in-car from WTAC 23?

Thanks mate, sorta just had a crack. Why not. Pretty much proper pedal box and flappy paddles maybe and refine

Yeah mine came over with setup in it from my data and other stuff then got refined when he was here

Lol 😅 yeah did see the bosch situation... not great no thanks

Wtac '23 ...Have my fastest hotlap that I put up on my iface page and the lap after that. Everything else disappeared somehow but wasnt that special anyway

Dont know whoe to put it up on here coz im technologically challenged hahaha 😆 

Oh righto, I'm not on Faceballs so haven't seen it. 

You're not still running a booster and Nissan master? I've got a Tilton setup in mine, it's a bit shit when pads are cold because it's unboosted an a 7.5:1 pedal ratio but once the tyres and pads are hot it's magic. Super easy to get the bias right with pressure sensors too, we set mine by the pressures as recommended by my Motec boffin and it was perfect straight out of the box 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

No running a bmc replacement under bonnet. Pretty much a pedal box with individual masters just using std pedals and have bosch accelerator pedal foe dbw also

Does the job but def not the best... but like verything itsnon the list on the list. Maybe next year if I win lotto 

Edited by bcozican

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, couchboy said:

Hey mate just out of curiosity what front swaybar do you run and do still use the factory end links if you don't mind sharing that info.

Oem std front sway and new oem end links mate

Rear recently moved to 24mm whiteline sway using the links that came with that

• Like 1