SAU Community

R32 Gtr Long Term Love, Now Project

Surge tank arrived a couple of days ago and after some assembly and a lot of speed flow fittings it currently looks like thisA6BF4BA7-D7CD-45F2-97F3-ADF539903236.thumb.jpeg.086daddf8d2e69fc1a5a9b8aad9b6d73.jpegnow just waiting for the fuel pumps to arrive and I’ll fit and wire them inside then fit the tank into the car 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BakemonoRicer said:

I also like how everyone is getting big fuel system after everyone told me they’re not needed haha 

Yeap, my fuel system needed the Ford green top 42lb- 440cc injectors to get it up near 360-400kw

The stock 28lb - 300cc only got me 260kw at around 90%

Dommegabudget

1 hour ago, BakemonoRicer said:

I also like how everyone is getting big fuel system after everyone told me they’re not needed haha 

It’s a 4L which is plenty and the pumps are the same size as previously, the only reason I’ve gone this way is I wanted the original gauge sender back in the car 

How do those fuel hats work with the factory fuel inspection cover, I assume it doesn't fit and you need to run surge tank/pumps in the boot, and then somehow seal the boot to cabin for vapour? 

The system in my car is not megadonwhatever spec, I just run -6 lines from the standard hat with a lift pump in the standard cradle, to an external surge tank with external pump under the rear seat floor which means all fuel stays out of the cabin.

It will be mounted in the boot and because I’m using the ptfe (Teflon) hoses and the tank is hard anodized it doesn’t smell 

I already have -8 hoses running from the front to where the frenchies hat in the factory tank was. now I’ve fitted the factory hat back in with -8 bulk heads and I’ll run lines from the hat to the surge tank and then hoses from the surge tank into the -8 lines already in the car 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BakemonoRicer said:

You have 15k worth of fuel systems in 2 300kw cars. 🧐

They definitely weren't needed in your situation. 1x $280 525 Walbro in each car woulda been fine. Even NASA woulda approved! 

• Haha 6

On 20/02/2021 at 11:57 AM, r32-25t said:

Surge tank arrived a couple of days ago and after some assembly and a lot of speed flow fittings it currently looks like thisA6BF4BA7-D7CD-45F2-97F3-ADF539903236.thumb.jpeg.086daddf8d2e69fc1a5a9b8aad9b6d73.jpegnow just waiting for the fuel pumps to arrive and I’ll fit and wire them inside then fit the tank into the car 

should use a few 60s or 45s so they're not all bunched up :)

(feel free to ignore, and also ignore those fly back diodes, will be hidden in the wiring one day)

20191013_181637.thumb.jpg.49f2684cdc3dfda20bc92b761ef29d63.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah I wasn't sure of the data underlying the recommendation, I run the factory hat with no issues with a little over 300kw and an external tank.

And thanks Brett, I was confused and thought your pic was a hat for the standard tank, I can see it is the top of a surge tank which makes much more sense.

18 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

should use a few 60s or 45s so they're not all bunched up :)

(feel free to ignore, and also ignore those fly back diodes, will be hidden in the wiring one day)

20191013_181637.thumb.jpg.49f2684cdc3dfda20bc92b761ef29d63.jpg

That works for 33/34 owners at the hat in the fuel tank sits higher then the surge tank, r32 the hat sits lower then the surge and the lines come off the surge tank and then go straight down 

56 minutes ago, r32-25t said:

That works for 33/34 owners at the hat in the fuel tank sits higher then the surge tank, r32 the hat sits lower then the surge and the lines come off the surge tank and then go straight down 

Oh derp!

You are correct, R32 is setup similar to S13s, forgot that.. so yeah feel free to ignore lol

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oops I meant to put that in, they (yes they) are jun 272 11.35mm

got just a quote from rams to have the head ported and etc and will be sent to them to be done as well