SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

Car question:

Whats an equivalent spark plug for BCPR7ES or something that is a decent copper plug that can suit up to 400rwkw (including 400kw).

And can I buy them off a shelf.
If so, where. All info seems to have disappeared about 2012 re: Spark plugs and none of this stuff is on shelves anymore and I want to buy them on the weekend, in Melbourne.

Car question:

Whats an equivalent spark plug for BCPR7ES or something that is a decent copper plug that can suit up to 400rwkw (including 400kw).

If so, where. All info seems to have disappeared about 2012 re: Spark plugs and none of this stuff is on shelves anymore and I want to buy them on the weekend, in Melbourne.

Bkr7e but try R and E auto parts on centre rd springvale. Next door to repco. They usually have stock of bcpr7es. If you get stuck I have a set of 6 that I've only used for 50km. Replaced them chasing a misfire that turned out to be something else.
  • Like 1

I have some iridium 8's that were $75 a plug and were scheduled to last a lifetime. They haven't given me an issue but I do get misfires at 20psi (380+kw).

So I thought to stop using amazing super plugs, and wanted a basic plug that is known to work, as its cheaper to try that first than replace Splitfires (which are now getting on in age, almost 10 years).

I got a misfire at idle that went away, and I'd like to have plugs in my hand ready to go should they be needed instead of looking ages later when I have a car running on 2cyl or some shit.

Car question:

I was using bcpr7es plugs at 394rwkw.
So I would just get those.

2 hours ago, Kinkstaah said:

I get my BKR8's from Springvale Autobarn. or Bursons. i cant rememeber. I got a box of em.

24 minutes ago, admS15 said:

Everyone stocks 6 heat range but not many have 7. Greg also give bursons a call if r and e has no stock. So are you planning a track day this weekend ?

Nope, just had misfires at 20psi and a random one at idle today so wanted to have something on standby.
$80 plugs you use "forever" I don't trust to actually last forever :P

Nothing lasts forever, especially plugs. I got sucked into iridium's once, never again on a modified car. Copper for life. Like birds, I buy them in bulk. Last couple of times through spares box, where about $4 each and free delivery on overs over $50.

Iridiums aren't a total scam per se, they do last for many times longer than normal plugs do...but the assumption made by the marketing claim is that they aren't going into a high performance car. A daily driver can use iridiums and will probably not notice a degradation after 50,000km etc. because performance decreases aren't as obvious nor are the plugs performing in an extreme environment. Iridiums wear like copper plugs do, but will retain say 70-80% of their performance after 10,000km, unlike the latter. This is useless in a high performance environment where you want plugs to be delivering 95%+ and as Iridiums can't do that any better than copper, better off saving your money.

Had fun against one of these tonight, sounded tough as being driven like it was stolen. Tint too dark to see potential apex member...

2015_porsche_cayman_gt4_overseas_02-0204

In other straight line news

Love what America are doing with their latest

"Factory" 9 second car

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a33242/dodge-challenger-srt-demon-pricing-cost-msrp/

Jeep that does 0-100 in 3.8

http://www.motoring.com.au/jeep-grand-cherokee-trackhawk-for-oz-106874/

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 11:03 PM, joeyjoejoejuniorshabadoo said:

How the f**k did you research plugs on SAU and then buy iridiums expecting them to last?

There has to be at least a hundred threads telling you not to bother and just use BCPR7ES

I didn't research here. I spoke to Trent @ Chequered while my car was literally being tuned, and asked him what plugs to recommend for my setup at the time, taking in account my timing, ease of change, desire to not have it blow out and for it to last forever.

What he recommended did just that, I never had spark issues until I took a lot of timing away, and took a lot of boost away.

So I was asking on a more common setup, which is closer to what I have now, and the BCPR7ES work really quite fine, no misfires at all and I'm really happy with that, and really not that hard to change or check. The old plugs really were going strong but not suited to what I am doing now (they were also too cold a range, looking at them out of the car)