SAU Community

Frostyr33

Someone should make a thread about this. Would be really helpful so you can just search for the answer and not have to wait for some to say it depends on how you use the car etc. ....

• Like 1

Ask 10 people what's the best oil, you'll get 10 different answers.

Don't stress about it. A very small percentage of people are oil nazis, and they can go read bob the oil guy all they want.

For the rest of us, a reputable brand 5w-40 or 10w-50 is fine for 95% of drivers here.

thanks steve and alex , I have some info,the only reason I ask is im about to install a new oil cooler and oil pump and filter relocation kit.

engine oil

MOTUL 300v 20w 60

Castrol edge 10w 60

gearbox

redline mt 90

attessa

nissan oem d matic

diff

motul gear 300 lsd fluid

also royal purple has been recommended

To be clear, what is the intended use of the car?

Daily drive?

Track days?

20 lap races?

Garage queen/ weekend toy?

That will play a part in what you choose.

I have MT90 is my S14 box, going to dump it shortly, seems to be too thick for the application

Hard to shift into second when cold, gets better when warm but still not as what I would have liked. Really sucks taking off from a set of lights and trying to force it into 2nd, while some daewoo is tailgating and trying not to crunch the gears

I basically went to autobahn grabbed motul full syn gbox, engine, diffs , coolant, everything, cost 500 got a 100 discount for spending so much.

I'm a MOTUL biased whore.

tracked all my litre bikes for years on the shit and never had an issue so I just stuck with it but there are many good full syn oils out there now days..

• 2 weeks later...

no worries skidza ,

any problem with filter relocation kits ?

as a mate said his motor rattles for the first few seconds ,until the pressure builds up ,

I thought there would be oil pressure in the lines.