SAU Community

Borg Warner EFR Series Turbo's V 2.0

Piggaz

9 hours ago, Roy said:

They binned the EFRs for Precision! At least they are man enough to run twins. Give them another few years and they will finally see the light and rock Trust turbos

Lol!  That would be pretty grand, and to be fair - they are using pretty advanced lag reduction techniques so they can probably run a relatively potato turbo and it shouldn't be too much of an issue.   Pretty funny seeing the now old/iconic Precision "bullet" antisurge ports on something this fancy.

I have to say, if that transmission works the way he is expecting it to. It will be a game changer. The speed and driveability if a DCT with closer to manual weights. Not to mention packaging advantages.

Edit: aww hell, I screwed up the quoting somehow. I was referring to the Koenigsegg video

Edited by Silverhks

it looks like they may be evaluating options or doing mockup/fitment. but surely dual 7670s aren't going to make the quoted 1600hp so maybe not. and its footage of two different engines, as the Agera RS and one:1 engines definately had precision snails on them.

here are a couple of screen grabs for the Jesko video...

EFR is on one side of the motor, precision is on the other? (ps that finish on the investment cast efr turbine housing is NICE.. like the early ones before they changed to a cheaper sand casting method)

image.thumb.png.a447405130ede7941abb6d17e188e6b8.png

image.thumb.png.279cd1665fef2a09c3c8976e77e3d2f7.png

Edited by burn4005

Those turbos look smaller than EFR7670 as well, probably 6758s or 7163s in that frame - definitely not 1600hp worthy haha.    Guess they figured they can use the bigger Precision turbos and use other tech to try and spool them faster was a nicer setup than making less power with naturally more responsive turbos.  Simplicity is not the theme of this car haha

multi million dollar car and using shonky turbo's with china sourced turbine wheels, compressor covers, and other misc parts....  gold. Obviously does not give a f**k about compressor maps or engineering of those items ?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, RICE RACING said:

multi million dollar car and using shonky turbo's with china sourced turbine wheels, compressor covers, and other misc parts....  gold. Obviously does not give a f**k about compressor maps or engineering of those items ?

?

Does anyone have any idea how a 8474 would compare to a 9180?  The 8474's compressor flows the same 95lb/min as the 9180, but the catch is, will it ever flow reach the potential that you see on paper in reality with a smaller turbine than the 9180?

• 2 weeks later...

I've been keeping an eye out and know of about 3 cars (two RBs, one 13B) which are going to be running them at some point but no idea on ETA.   The only EFR black series result I know of other than Eric's EVO is an EFR9274 on a 2JZ drift car which made around 1000whp.

^ way too small for a 13B engine IF used for maximum output.

Forget the dyno sheets, lets see if anyone else puts up actual performance (in a 3rd gen RX7), that is if they don't detonate and spray oil on the rear tires like the majority seem to specialize in ?

1 minute ago, RICE RACING said:

^ way too small for a 13B engine IF used for maximum output.

Forget the dyno sheets, lets see if anyone else puts up actual performance (in a 3rd gen RX7), that is if they don't detonate and spray oil on the rear tires like the majority seem to specialize in ?

Yeah, the owner would be the first to say that it's not going to do the turbo justice - he won't be winding it up, engine is relatively stock spec.

On 3/12/2019 at 7:31 PM, minesskyline said:

@Full-Race Geoff or anybody really: Are there any EFR based (single) turbos that can achieve 1100+ hp (to the wheels)? Running a 26/30 (3.2l) (the thread for this is incredibly dry) for reference. 

Hard to say what a 9280 1.45 will be capable of at full tilt?  I dont know yet.  I agree with burn4005 that twin 7163 would be the best way to acheive the 4-digit power levels.  Garrett G25-660 is also a consideration. 

If you really wanted to stay single turbo, the G42-1450 may prove to be a good way to do that.  still a bit early to know on that turbo as well

On 3/8/2019 at 2:46 AM, RICE RACING said:

:4_joy:

edit - another evo on 8474 is ken thwaits from showtime motorsports in the usa.  he switched to 8474 recently, and after the first event he said its insane, 4 wheel spin has required some changes to their setup and tune

Edited by Full-Race Geoff

27 minutes ago, Full-Race Geoff said:

edit - another evo on 8474 is ken thwaits from showtime motorsports in the usa.  he switched to 8474 recently, and after the first event he said its insane, 4 wheel spin has required some changes to their setup and tune

He said 674whp which is decent power but not anything which makes it seem like it is running an upgrade from an EFR8374 :/

On 3/13/2019 at 10:31 AM, minesskyline said:

@Full-Race Geoff or anybody really: Are there any EFR based (single) turbos that can achieve 1100+ hp (to the wheels)? Running a 26/30 (3.2l) (the thread for this is incredibly dry) for reference. 

Edited by Nismo 3.2ish
Wrong info

22 hours ago, Lithium said:

Yeah, the owner would be the first to say that it's not going to do the turbo justice - he won't be winding it up, engine is relatively stock spec.

Puts on EFR and makes excuses? FYI 100% Stock motor we ran on EFR9180 at 2850mB easily, when took engine out on tear down it was perfect inside, even on full knock limit running ;) then again it runs a proper ECU ;) 

As the most respected/qualified Internet knowledge & on line learning vehicle modifiers in the world said and I quote:

"If I was too like buy a hot water balloon and I don't fly it, like whats the point"

Edited by RICE RACING

1 hour ago, RICE RACING said:

Puts on EFR and makes excuses? FYI 100% Stock motor we ran on EFR9180 at 2850mB easily, when took engine out on tear down it was perfect inside, even on full knock limit running ;) then again it runs a proper ECU ;) 

Who made any excuses about anything?   You are the only one acting like there is an issue :P 

13 minutes ago, Lithium said:

Who made any excuses about anything?   You are the only one acting like there is an issue :P 

Let's see when the kunts show the performance  ;)

Everyone prefaces 50 different excuses as to why it wont do XYZ, typical of the times we live in now in Generation GAY.