SAU Community

Should I buy a GTR?

shadow85

Well, from my experience, running a Skyline costs an arm and a leg, especially if you track it. And mine's not even a GT-R...

Ah geez, don't tell me that... :D

Oh well, never mind. I'll just tell my wife I didn't know it would cost so much... again.

35 sound really underwhelming

I kinda like the way the R35's sound with a nice exhaust. That have a kind of growl about them that sounds cool.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/10/2016 at 4:43 PM, LSX-438 said:

GTR does not make a great daily drive car.  Unless you are going to track it, i wouldnt bother

Says who? I daily drove my GTR for a few weeks. Was awesome. Members of the club use them for work and daily drive them as well. i got a work car now so no need to daily mine.

On 11/11/2016 at 1:08 PM, BLISTC said:

Says who? I daily drove my GTR for a few weeks. Was awesome. Members of the club use them for work and daily drive them as well. i got a work car now so no need to daily mine.

Says me. Just my opinion.  I daily drive mine for 2 years.  And i tracked it, hard.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:38 PM, tridentt150v said:

Sell the lot..........blow it on booze, ice, and hookers!!!

Personally an R35 is a dream.......affordable, but excessive.  Lots of us could afford one if we were of single purpose, but our practical nature takes over and we buy a station wagon, Commodore, falcon, camry, Twin cab 4wd and house etc.  And then have an earlier model Skyline as our weekender.  Driving an R35 would send me to the grave worrying about shopping trolleys, drunk drivers, P Platers, sticky fingered kids, not to mention car thieves and jealous types who just want to trash the rich!!!!  I could never leave it in the Westfield car park while I had coffee with friends.

Lol, none of our cars are even actually transport, you can't leave them anywhere

• 1 month later...

I just bought my R35 (2014) to daily drive it and if cars are you life then why not. Luckily I get a car allowance of $15k and it almost pays for everything including the loan because I took it out of my home loan @ 3.8%pa, as long as I don't drive it hard or track it! But no doubt I will!!! I'm only planing on keeping it for about a year so it shouldn't depreciate to much.

Anyway do your research as I did and you'll find the the 2011 and older R35s could be a risk with transmission issues.

Just remember everything is expensive.
Tyres $3k and last 10000-20000kms
5000km services $800
30000km services $2800
Fuel will be between 15-30L per 100km

If it ends up costing to much you can always just sell it. There's about 5 that sell every week on car sales so people are buying them!

16 minutes ago, PureGTR said:

I just bought my R35 (2014) to daily drive it and if cars are you life then why not. Luckily I get a car allowance of $15k and it almost pays for everything including the loan because I took it out of my home loan @ 3.8%pa, as long as I don't drive it hard or track it! But no doubt I will!!! I'm only planing on keeping it for about a year so it shouldn't depreciate to much.

Anyway do your research as I did and you'll find the the 2011 and older R35s could be a risk with transmission issues.

Just remember everything is expensive.
Tyres $3k and last 10000-20000kms
5000km services $800
30000km services $2800
Fuel will be between 15-30L per 100km

If it ends up costing to much you can always just sell it. There's about 5 that sell every week on car sales so people are buying them!

OP mentioned a 50K a year income, and ontop of that a 30K loan. Not a very wise financial decision at all. You would have no social life or disposable income after what would most likely be a $500+ monthly loan repayment

Plus other expenses - clothes/mobile phone/petrol/food/ etc etc

Rego is 1K a year

Insurance would be 3K + a year

Do the maths and it's simply a bad idea.

Edited by djvoodoo

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/12/2016 at 6:20 PM, BakemonoRicer said:

Get a Silvia

its the poor mans GTR and with light mods will leave a GTR for dead around a track

i mean heck, an S15 can be had for 10-15k now....its a slept on classic

LMAO