SAU Community

R32 4 door to 2 Door conversion?

R32 4 door to 2 Door conversion?

Experts,

This thread is about a project overseas, not in AUSTRALIA.

I was wondering whether it is possible to convert R32 4 door sedan gts4 to a R32 GTR? (NOT in AUSTRALIA)

If so, how complex will the chassis mods be?

The reason for thinking of this project is, it is not legal in Bangladesh to import any cars over 5 years of age. Hence a R32 can no longer be imported. Only solution is HALF CUT imports. Therefore, I was wondering if we can use the parts from the HALF CUT for a GTR conversion? Moreover, wanted to know whether Sedan to Coupe conversion is also possible? Or does it have to stay 4 door?

Thanks in Advance!

The main problem I see is that the coupe door is wider and therefore the pillar needs to be relocated. Secondly unless the job is done to a very high standard you could end up with a death trap in case of an accident. And I have no idea what the regulatory regime is like in Bangladesh. Four door R32s can look cool.

1 hour ago, MarvinsR33 said:

The dumbest thread I've read so far.

Dude, wtf just buy a 2 door GTR32.

This is S(AU) for a reason

You're an idiot

Op

I doubt it is financially viable

But yes it is possible given enough skill and money.

No reason you couldn't just drop an rb26 in the bay and upgrade the brakes etc and make yourself a 4 door GTR

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MarvinsR33 said:

The dumbest thread I've read so far.

Dude, wtf just buy a 2 door GTR32.

This is S(AU) for a reason

Mate, that's quite uncalled for, if you actually spend 30 seconds and read the post, he can't import a 32 GTR as the countries laws don't allow it and he obviously has access to a 4 door 32 that's all ready in the country. Unless you have something constructive to say, don't say anything at all.

OP

It would be possible to do, but the engineering required to do it and also the money would make it probably not worth while, it would need to be dead straight and chances are it would never drive and handle correctly.

I think @zebra is onto the right idea, get yourself a half cut and convert the running gear and front end of your 4 door over to a GTR, you will be able to pick up the rest of the various goodies along the way to bring the interior and rear up to spec. i like the idea of a 4 door 32 GTR

Edited by Coullsy
Fixing spelling errors
  • Like 3

This comprehensive R34 sedan to GT-R conversion will give you an idea of the effort required, it's pretty insane:

http://www.carscoops.com/2016/09/nissan-skyline-r34-gt-r-gets-4-door.html

nissan-r34-4door-conversion-3.jpg

13 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

The main problem I see is that the coupe door is wider and therefore the pillar needs to be relocated. Secondly unless the job is done to a very high standard you could end up with a death trap in case of an accident. And I have no idea what the regulatory regime is like in Bangladesh. Four door R32s can look cool.

The pillar is just one problem. AFAIK:

• Front window rake and glass is different
  • Rear window rake and glass is different
  • Floor pan is different
  • Door cards are different (obviously)
  • Rear interior, seats and parcel shelf are different
  • The boot, in fact the whole rear end (including tail lights) is different (see photos on above page)
  • Exhaust system is different

etc. etc.

It's totally not worth it.

However, what IS worth it is a sedan with GT-R running gear. A much cheaper proposition too - do it!

Not sure if it's option or just stupid.. but put the 4door neck together but weld the doors and make it flush to make the appearance of a 2 door?

I know it happens with other cars in Indonesia. Not sure if it'll look funny though.

Just an idea :)

@V28VX37thanks heeps mate!

I will definitely go ahead with a 4-door build. When I do, will definitely start a thread to seek help from you lot. Unfortunately won't be very soon as I just moved to AUS.

Thanks everyone for your knowledge.

• Like 1