SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

The BMW shitbox will of course be worse. Worse when new and way worse the day after warranty ends when all the warning lights come on and you can't resell it. 

It's just like staying with twins instead of single on a GTR

• Haha 4

On 28/04/2022 at 10:01 AM, robbo_rb180 said:

Time to move then, sell up and buy up here you'll make money & have change for the BMW

I think at some stage when the kid(s) are out of school, my wife and I would probably move to Adelaide. We could sell up here, move to a nicer area, bigger house, next to the beach/25min from the CBD and break even!

Just right now our jobs/livelihood is attached to Sydney CBD.

On 28/04/2022 at 10:03 AM, Duncan said:

It's just like staying with twins instead of single on a GTR

LOL... that's very hurtful for GT-R owners with twins :D 

• Haha 1

On 28/04/2022 at 9:53 AM, robbo_rb180 said:

Driving the 90s Japanese stuff is fun they aren't perfect but drive well and make all the right noises.
He needs both the r33 & bmw 😁

It's funny you say that. I have been dailying a borrowed 2021 3 series because my Stagea is out. Whilst driving the beamer I have started imagining driving my car and making turbo noises to myself.

It's nice not to cringe on every bump and pothole with air suspension instead of coilovers and having a working sound system. But the lack of character / feedback / noise is very much a thing.

On 28/04/2022 at 9:59 AM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Not sure who/how I can rent a M3 and allow to drive it how I drive all my cars - however that could be a way to properly experience it :D 

Surely there must be a way. Even if it would cost a couple grand. At least I imagine it more doable than laying out $1xxk to go through a full purchase to find out.

@robbo_rb180 how did you get into an M3 on track?

• Like 1

On 28/04/2022 at 11:27 AM, soviet_merlin said:

Surely there must be a way. Even if it would cost a couple grand.

I'll even supply tyres lol.

Let's see, maybe we might move even sooner!

In other news just got under stairs cabinets fitted, Chris from Concinnity Kitchens did a fabulous job. Better than the other guys that re-did our laundry and light years ahead of the property developer's builders.

On the pointy end is actually a blind cabinet too, other designs the end point is just closed off.

More space to store junk (or car parts 🥲)

PXL_20220427_213507505.thumb.jpg.430b9b2cf08a560b753948983f2589bb.jpg

PXL_20220428_013816125.thumb.jpg.c18afb19fb828fbf8a43e475b915d898.jpg

On 28/04/2022 at 9:53 AM, robbo_rb180 said:

When out next try rat pack coffee x2, 1 sugar, half tube sweetened condensed into a water bottle before bed and leave out over night when cold makes good iced coffee.

Rat pack coffee is just like international roast, mmmmmm, delicious, coffee factory conveyor belt sweepings are for the win

As for your recipe, I use all the coffee and all the condensed milk for my morning brew

It doesn't taste the best but it has all of the caffines and all of the sugars a growing boy needs to hide the flavour of wet rations

I'm a coffee in the AM and tea in the PM kinda guy

Jet boil has the job done in under a minute, I'm not a fan of iced coffee, or iced tea for that matter

BMW inspiration 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 28/04/2022 at 10:20 AM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

LOL... that's very hurtful for GT-R owners with twins :D 

*sad standard ceramic twins noises*

Just wait a few years, a manual ugly front M3 should come up relatively cheap :D

• Haha 1

Don't be pedestrian and by a BMW

Buy something cool like a V8 Crown, or even a V12 Century

Roll with the family in style, not like Joe average 

These would be high on my hit list if I ever decided to sell/crash the Bogan Cruise Ship, which I won't sell, because currently it suits my bogan family man lifestyle sown to a tee

Highly strung street cars are so 2010

I could see you rolling a Crown like some pimped out asian dictator, I would tip my hat to you

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

In other bad news for Dose, a mate of mine sold his 33R and bought a C63 (older 6.3L) and uses it as his daily now, 4 doors, kid seats, the works. He was sick of not being able to enjoy the GT-R - Other car is a Territory for serious family duties. 

He is loving life, best decision ever he reckons, but he does change cars on the reg so we'll see what the next "best thing" is for him. 

At least you can drive you over priced old JDM car, mine is literally just a roller now lol 

I was using my turbo R34 GTFour sedan as a daily for a few years, it is possible to have 3x kid seats in the back if you try extremely hard.

We now have a V37 3.0tt sedan, my wife will drive that. It needs 4wd though, or at least a better diff.

On 4/29/2022 at 9:14 AM, dr phil said:

I was using my turbo R34 GTFour sedan as a daily for a few years, it is possible to have 3x kid seats in the back if you try extremely hard.

We now have a V37 3.0tt sedan, my wife will drive that. It needs 4wd though, or at least a better diff.

Pics? 

Is this the same 300kw 3L TT used in the Q60 Red Sport? 

On 28/04/2022 at 7:44 PM, mlr said:

Don't be pedestrian and by a BMW

Buy something cool like a V8 Crown, or even a V12 Century

Roll with the family in style, not like Joe average 

These would be high on my hit list if I ever decided to sell/crash the Bogan Cruise Ship, which I won't sell, because currently it suits my bogan family man lifestyle sown to a tee

Highly strung street cars are so 2010

I could see you rolling a Crown like some pimped out asian dictator, I would tip my hat to you

LOL... I've had a taste of adaptive cruise, lane assist and autonomous braking and unfortunately those Jap dictator cars don't have those features :( 

Too many morons on the road - and we know computers react faster than humans. Tiguan has saved me from rear ending a few cars and a dog's life when he ran across the road. Car stopped for me then threw on the hazard lights automatically - cool aye? 

On 28/04/2022 at 8:11 PM, niZmO_Man said:

M8 Gran Coupe :P

LOL they're ugly bro

On 28/04/2022 at 10:10 PM, Count Grantleyish said:

Hope Doctor Dose isn't too tall to get in back of Gran Coupe.

Still should sell that carrot turbo kit.

LOL... Sure, $60k and comes with a free built & resprayed R33 lol

On 29/04/2022 at 8:08 AM, ActionDan said:

In other bad news for Dose, a mate of mine sold his 33R and bought a C63 (older 6.3L) and uses it as his daily now, 4 doors, kid seats, the works. He was sick of not being able to enjoy the GT-R - Other car is a Territory for serious family duties. 

He is loving life, best decision ever he reckons, but he does change cars on the reg so we'll see what the next "best thing" is for him. 

At least you can drive you over priced old JDM car, mine is literally just a roller now lol 

I think the best solution is I have 3x cars, but that's not possible because if I park both in the garage and the family car is outside my wife would not be very happy getting in/out of the car in cold/rain, etc.

If I park one of the shit boxes outside, it will get stolen within hours where I live lol.

Yeah, basically same motor, ours is the 224kw version (9.5psi vs 14.5 IIRC), minor differences to Red Sport, 1 water pump for the water to air intercoolers vs 2, no speed sensors on the turbos in ours. Can tune the 224kw up to the same.

The paint is cool, dark blue with green fleck, paint code RAY.

1583360744_IMG_3422(2).thumb.jpg.6bf7c432db2101563c03eb588a465442.jpgIMG_3413.thumb.JPG.5e7aa7b2f20515bb1937a4fb3a42e332.JPGimage.thumb.jpeg.3f064e79173fbd56815d43f027f00698.jpeg

• Like 2