SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

On 7/3/2022 at 9:30 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

"it's very Type A, it's very technical, it's very engineering focused ....... and now you add in the fact it's now more reliable it appeals to a specific demographic"

"everything about this car is objectively is near perfect, it rides well, the engine is extremely powerful, it's alarming fast, the steering is great, there is nothing I can technically fault this car for"

Sounds like me inside/out, I'll convert it to a single turbo and it will dose and I will be happy.

Can the N55 manifold swap over? That would be the way to go IMO for a single turbo swap.

On 04/07/2022 at 5:20 PM, joshuaho96 said:

Can the N55 manifold swap over? That would be the way to go IMO for a single turbo swap.

Don't think so, but there are nice manifolds out there on the market that can achieve this very easily.

I would most likely not even go external gate to keep packaging simple.

doc-bmw-m2-m3-m4-s55-single-turbo-kits-2.thumb.jpg.a256e64dffe60d07dc46e0f0ef2dc11c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2022 at 2:09 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Probably the following:

1. Rolling AL (because it's very cool at the moment)
  2. Launch On/Off
  3. Boost Up
  4. Boost Down
  5. Enable/Disable Cruise Control
  6. Set Cruise Control Speed
  7. Stop Cruise Control
  8. Enable/Disable Logging

Number 8 sounds pretty sexy, do you know if it can start/stop logging to PC or does it only start/stop logging to onboard memory? 

On 15/07/2022 at 2:11 PM, ActionDan said:

8 buttons don't go far... 

You got dem billet oil pump gears ready for abuse? 

billet oil pump gears are rubbish, I've gone the extra step. Nitto oil pump bruvvaaa

On 15/07/2022 at 2:13 PM, Murray_Calavera said:

Number 8 sounds pretty sexy, do you know if it can start/stop logging to PC or does it only start/stop logging to onboard memory? 

I believe it's stop/start to onboard memory only, same way you would press F6 in NSP.

• Like 1

Don't have logging like that. You can set auto logging once a set of parameters have been met. I.e Full throttle = Log.

This means you can go back in time when you have a problem and dont have to pre-emptively start logging. It's the future! By the future I mean I had it many years ago and miss it.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2022 at 5:12 PM, Kinkstaah said:

Don't have logging like that. You can set auto logging once a set of parameters have been met. I.e Full throttle = Log.

This means you can go back in time when you have a problem and dont have to pre-emptively start logging. It's the future! By the future I mean I had it many years ago and miss it.

something like 50% Tps, 3000 rpm and 5-6psi 
is roughly what I use in the Link so I don't fill it everytime I drive.

• Like 1

On 15/07/2022 at 7:19 PM, robbo_rb180 said:

something like 50% Tps, 3000 rpm and 5-6psi 
is roughly what I use in the Link so I don't fill it everytime I drive.

lol, I'd be logging by the end of the driveway, every time.

• Haha 2

On 7/15/2022 at 1:39 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Probably the following:

1. Rolling AL (because it's very cool at the moment)
  2. Launch On/Off
  3. Boost Up
  4. Boost Down
  5. Enable/Disable Cruise Control
  6. Set Cruise Control Speed
  7. Stop Cruise Control
  8. Enable/Disable Logging

Don't waste a button on stop cruise control.  You will never push it, just tap the brakes .

Make it increase cruise speed.

Also why have an Enable/ Disable button? Just leave it always enabled.

So now you can have an increase cruise speed and a decrease cruise speed.

• Like 2

to be fair, the straight is about 500m

I agree up and down cruise are good things, probably the most often used buttons in the fuga.

The problem with can buttons is you really need a pdm as well for most useful functions. still, a good toy, life would be easier in the gtr if plat pro supported can can pads, i run an old fashioned switch and button custom panel

• Like 1

On 15/07/2022 at 7:43 PM, Ben C34 said:

Don't waste a button on stop cruise control.  You will never push it, just tap the brakes .

Make it increase cruise speed.

Also why have an Enable/ Disable button? Just leave it always enabled.

So now you can have an increase cruise speed and a decrease cruise speed.

Good points, will rethink how I use the buttons. 

Might not even have cruise control as I need an IO expander. Used up all the inputs on DBW setup and all the sensors so none left for brake input.

On 15/7/2022 at 11:12 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Used up everyone single DPI, AVI. Even sacrificed the power steering input lol.

DBW uses up 4x inputs.

Plus the dbw drive wires that can be used for other things as well 

Once you go DBW, you don't look back. Great idle quality, AC doesn't cause idle quality to degrade.

The factory air leak valves are so slow to react, with bigger cams your motor is very inefficient at lower RPMs the compressor engaging is enough to stall the motor.

Nissan should have used stepper motors like JZs or 4Gs, instead they installed a two slow reacting air leak valves lol.

• Like 1