SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

Here you go,
By my wife's F44 2 Series Gan Coupe :)
Will also be selling my Ford Ranger and my R32 GTST track car and car trailer in the next few months if anyone is interested. :) 
Then buy a 2020+ Ford Mustang for my new daily

SC 220i GC.pdf

2 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

I need a four door daily/weekend track car :D 

LOL
Its Front Wheel Drive, 2L turbo.
I think its the only FWD BMW?
Its fun to drive, but Id guess you want RWD for a daily/track car

7 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

haha nice!

I need a four door daily/weekend track car :D 

VW Australia came to the table, free loaner car for the next 3~4 weeks. @Duncan will be moist, it's a Nissan. Has 300km on the dash, I'll make sure to bed it in for them.

image.thumb.png.35afbb6f489cf5bf4fd4affa252aaea7.png

you'd be doing them a favour. the harder it is run in, the better for it's future life.

bit risky brave of vw to give you a proper car as a loaner though, what if you start to enjoy cars without error lights?

• Haha 5

Like Mariah Carey, it's Christmas all year round :D 

Not going to lie, it's not a bad car. Rides ok, power wise, could do with a bit more. One odd thing, there's no option to make the doors auto lock when you take off and the side mirror doesn't auto dip when you engage reverse.

8 minutes ago, jcAUSER said:

LOL
Its Front Wheel Drive, 2L turbo.
I think its the only FWD BMW?
Its fun to drive, but Id guess you want RWD for a daily/track car

quite a few of the newer BMWs are FWD, the moved away from the RWD platform for the smaller cars.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Like Mariah Carey, it's Christmas all year round :D 

Not going to lie, it's not a bad car. Rides ok, power wise, could do with a bit more. One odd thing, there's no option to make the doors auto lock when you take off and the side mirror doesn't auto dip when you engage reverse.

Odd it doesn't have anti high jack. From what I've seen, the mirror dipping thing is normally reserved for the more elitist wanker class of JDM cars. Or euro trash. :P

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, No Crust Racing said:

I am still firmly in camp Camry Hybrid if I buy another daily.... WE have a fleet of them at work, excellent commuter (get the sport version for a few extra niceties that shoul.d be considered essentials...)

I am that old...

Heh. I tell most people who ask me what sedan they should buy to just buy a Camry, and if they want to use the least fuel, a hybrid (although, like with domestic solar batteries, it's hard to see how they will pay themselves back better than investing the difference in the sharemarket).

But, I wouldn't and couldn't do it to myself. I look at every Camry I drive near with the greatest of fear because their drivers are universally the most terrifying dickheads possible. Loud boingy boingy music, watching the phone instead of the road, random lane changes. Just horrifying. I teach my children to be wary of Camrys, Mercs, Audis, BMS Xs, VR-VZ utes, Mitsu 380s (they're the R31 of the modern era), Rangers and everything that looks like a Ranger, white vans and Golfs.

• Haha 4

My interest in the hybrid is nothing to do with economy, it's because it's substantially faster and the CVT shits on the 6spd auto in the petrol 4cyls for drivability. With the hybrid you can actually overtake safely on single lane country roads uphill at 100km/h. 

I've not driven a 6cyl one to compare it to, but as far as 4cyls Camry's go, the Hybrid is the one to get. 

Edited by No Crust Racing

Things really do be different in the city hey. 

Out here the Hybrid is just a rep car or family sedan doing the school run, either being driven at normal speeds or hyper speeds lol

Maybe it's because we have f'all uber/ride share stuff here. 

Edited by No Crust Racing
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, jcAUSER said:

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/y7z7Ba6gkzccj176/?mibextid=D5vuiz
electric vs petrol BMW road trip, Petrol wins on time and cost lol

Pure EVs don't really suit that, however around metro Sydney it's sufficient.

For me, I would prefer a Hybrid of a PHEV. PHEV works for me, because I could charge the future shit box during the day and capitalise on my yumcha spec 6.6kW/5kW solar system. And the petrol motor would be useful when my wife forgets to to charge the car or when we go outside metro Sydney.

Apparently the 2025 Tiguans (that may or may not arrive in Australia) will do ~80km on the battery.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MBS206 said:

Odd it doesn't have anti high jack. From what I've seen, the mirror dipping thing is normally reserved for the more elitist wanker class of JDM cars. Or euro trash. :P

Like my old 2009 Honda Accord....... Euro with dipping side mirrors

I guess I am the quintessential male white privileged over opinionated elitist wanker

Good times 🤪

• Haha 3

On 2/27/2024 at 10:58 AM, jcAUSER said:

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/y7z7Ba6gkzccj176/?mibextid=D5vuiz
electric vs petrol BMW road trip, Petrol wins on time and cost lol

As someone with an EV, who also does Bris to Sydney road trips, I can get from Bris to Syd in the same time, and a shit tonne cheaper in the EV vs the Petrol car.

It's a slight change for SOME people in how you'd do the trip, but in reality, even for the cranky people who just want to haul ass and only stop once, it's still doable in the EV, it might make the people who are so dead set on pretending their in an F1 race pit stop take another 30 minutes to get get to Sydney.

Then there's all the people who do a road trip like that over 2 days. Those people can charge the car over night! 😮 zero impact then!!! 😮

and then running around the city, from 0-100 it's like driving a gas guzzling sports car, with it always in gear for power, except, you pay only $3 / 100km to drive, when driving spiritedly!

considering fuel around $2 a litre, it means still $9 cheaper per / 100km than a Hybrid Camry... (And I have a lot of experience on the Hybrid Toyodas too. Good cars, wanting the Hybrid Fortuner or Prado when it comes out for the missus).

Driving the EV around, the other thing I never spend time in my life doing, is going somewhere to fuel up. 

I will agree 100% EVs are not for everyone. 

In fact, those who don't do lots of KMs each week, I'd tell them to be buying a Hybrid or full ICE.

If you want a track/race car, ICE.

The other thing when everyone races about long road trips and EVs, the reality is, people rarely take them. Most families, might do a Bris to Sydney style trip ONCE every four or five years.

I used to do that trip, plus add to Canberra, and Batemans Bay in the same trip. And by used to, I'd do that about 3 or 4 times a year, for a few years straight.

Ya know what I do now? I get on a bus. And by bus, I mean one that holds over 100 people, and can do about 900kmh. f**k boring road trips!

Topic of Camrys being driven by scary people, I see wayyyy less of that in Brisbane. In fact, I'll say in Bris I don't look for any vehicles in particular except for old 4WDs like GQ or 80 series cruisers, and modern dual cabs. They're often maniacs.

Other than that, every other car on the road has a 50 to 75% chance they're high, using a phone, asleep at the wheel, or just a f**king idiot with no perception of the world outside of them.

Oh, actually, I do keep an eye out for the white Toyota Camrys. Mainly because they put sore loser lights in them. If they get beaten in a drag race or overtaken on the freeway, they start flashing red and blue!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/27/2024 at 11:51 AM, The Bogan said:

Like my old 2009 Honda Accord....... Euro with dipping side mirrors

I guess I am the quintessential male white privileged over opinionated elitist wanker

Good times 🤪

See, Euro trash. Ha ha ha.

And I have to say, you nearly nailed the description of yourself.

But you can't be elitist if you can't look down on people. Or see what's on top of the Fridge. :P

• Haha 1