SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

She averaged 6.2 on her highway trip up north, in the car solo, luggage for the week, tyres at 36-37psi. 

Not bad for a brick on wheels being pushed along by a lil 2L turbo.

I wasn't susprised, it was about what I expected honestly. I reckon with me driving it off cruise I could get it into the high 5s on a highway trip. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Shitbox update so VW Liverpool has gotten back to me on Thursday saying the gearbox control unit is on its way, should arrive at their service centre by early next week. They said VW Australia is only covering the parts and loan car and not the labour. I asked them to send me the quote so I can lodge a formal complaint with the crooks in head office.

Anyhow I wrote somewhat a firm complaint, added piles of screen shots where others have had their repairs done and had the entire cost covered (this is done case by case, some Tiguan owners also had to pay for the labour some didn't)I even quoted the below from their website too.

Screenshot_20240323-101237.thumb.png.850c3e8291bf32641b7993e70cc0c614.png

The irony is, some had their labour costs waived, even though their Tiguans didn't even have a full dealer service record, where mine does.

If they don't budge with their decision on the labour cost, I'll take it up with NSW Fair Trading, noting the battle isn't with the dealer it's with VW Australia.

This will be my first and last VW I suspect.

Will move onto another shit box brand next and then have @Duncan say "I told you so, should have bought a Nissan".

Good luck, these guys will almost always back down if you are willing to put in the effort/persistence.....but for me that always depends whether it is worth the time and grief (which of course is what they are hoping for!)

• Like 1

My Mrs has a Kona N and it’s a fantastic car to the point I’m looking for an i30N. Best part is they are still under warranty even if they break at the track!!! Find a bmw or VW that will offer that 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

kia are releasing a ute soon, i reckon it will be a good vehicle to tow the skyline to racetracks in, and also a vehicle that i care so little about that the misso can kerb the wheels on it

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Pack of arseholes.

No Maria, your bullsiet email doesn't find me well.

Typical VW Australia, bunch of flogs. First and last VW shit box for me.

I had a 2010 Golf 1.4l tsi.

About 4 yrs ago, I got engine warning light so took to VW dealership, just to have it assessed was $800 upfront and if they termed it was a intrinsic engine fault the $800 would be wavered.  They found I had two cracked pistons (I had researched this was a common fault if not using premium but was classed as a defect without the need for recall)

‘I was advised by my mechanic mate to write a sob story to head office but say how good the service etc from VW was awesome and how I want to stay with the brand cause they make great cars.  
Somehow I won and it was fixed out of warranty, would have cost me $6-8,000 

incidentally, the inside A pillar was covered the whole way done with recall correction stickers, over ten

im so sorry you got shafted mate

Edited by Watermouse
Clicked send before I finished writing post
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Watermouse said:

im so sorry you got shafted mate

don't be sorry, not your fault!

I should have listened to my other mates and go buy a BMW X3 the time, however the stats didn't look as appealing as the Tiguan, not to mention the 1.8% finance was very attractive, left money in my offset at 3.9% which meant I was ahead.

21 minutes ago, No Crust Racing said:

This is after telling me how great they are for ages such that I bought one...

Fantastic... 

Well drive quality, adaptive suspension, sound deadening, tech, economy for a 162kW car is way ahead of its Japanese counterparts.

Just the DSG sucks.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

I should have listened to my other mates and go buy a BMW X3 the time, however....

On 3/23/2024 at 2:01 PM, Kinkstaah said:

Kind reminder that BMW IS ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE WORSE THAN VW.

• Haha 3

On 23/03/2024 at 2:01 PM, Kinkstaah said:

Kind reminder that BMW IS ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE WORSE THAN VW.

lucious lyon wtf GIF

2 hours ago, Duncan said:

That is just so, so true. BMW make VW look amateur and being amateur

:rofl:

• Haha 1

So picked up the shit box, it does drive better. It's like they've revised the DSG strategy as it does not feel like other MY18/19 Tiguans I've driven. As soon as you let go of the brakes it engages the clutch straight away, where as before there was a very small lag (not as bad a MK5 MK6 Golfs / Passats), now it's nearly non existent.

Also, in a way, I got a DSG service & 2 years warranty on the mechatronic & labour, etc.

Some peace of mind for the next year, and sell it before that warranty period is up.

Dealer also said they get at least once a month in with the faulty mechatronic issue & overflow from other VW dealers. They also said VW are aware of the issue but are only willing to cough up the parts NOT the labour, especially when there's a technical bulletin on it, TPI 2058102 / 24.

Is what it is, serves me right for buying a shit box VW.