SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

2 hours ago, admS15 said:

Or she's worried you'll start modifying the M3 and it'll end up just like the skyline anyway. 

100% this, it would just end up being a new black hole for the funds to be shovelled into lol. 

• Haha 2

If course he would modify it

It would be so easy to get some good power out of it with "dis and dat"

I have the same disease, I cannot leave things alone, even things that you don't really need to do, or even should do, because, "why not", like basically everyone else on this forum to varying degrees 

Or, he would spend the next 10 years fixing all the typical Euro issues as Uncle Duncan has stated 

• Haha 1

So for the longest time, I used the Haltech canbus keypad to turn on or off the AC compressor because for some reason the HVAC controls kept turning the compressor off as soon as it went on.

Turns out the stupid AC Thermistor BS had died like all the other Nissan shit boxes in the 90s shit box era. Been trying to find a suitable replacement but it's discontinued and the modern ones from other Nissans are 6x pin.

Fear not, after mindless SAU research it turns out you can crack open the thermistor circuit and replace the fked cap, that I did (take note on that white piece of mdf).

PXL_20240129_014732418.thumb.jpg.8fcdecf10de5cedd6f148af791718b52.jpg

PXL_20240129_014937150.thumb.jpg.2b466cce64edc1b09220888d64efb9d8.jpg

AC now working as expected and the HVAC controls work perfectly.

Now the fun part, went to park up the shit box just then and now there's a pile of coolant. Seems like it's coming from somewhere between the motor and box, fk this piece of shit. Also as I was looking for the leak, that white piece of MDF I used as a makeshift shelf, it snagged on my shirt and landed on the bumper, taking a chuck of paint off.

Lol.

So TL;DR, AC fixed, new coolant leak and chipped paint off the bumper.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, niZmO_Man said:

perhaps there was a pool of coolant in the chassis or subframe and it finally escaped??

I think there a tiny bit left over in the expansion tank and lines which have been removed/spilled some down in between things.

Just funny to see the green through an empty bay. 

• 3 weeks later...

Is it still under warranty? Ducken VAG crapbox.

My wife's ford focus junk dct did something similar a few years back, was borked TCM module.

Recently it intermittently didn't want to release clutch and would just be in neutral for a few seconds. Clutch fork was binding randomly from clutch dust build up. Some brake cleaner, a spline tool and working the clutch fork back and forth manually sorted it.

21 minutes ago, Kinkstaah said:

Unkind reminder that VW SUV significantly less expensive and way more reliable than BMW sporty car. let alone a modified BMW sporty car.

Can we get this pinned some where 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, admS15 said:

Hopefully they do a goodwill repair on it. Fingers crossed for you 🤞

I hope so, hope being loyal to the stealership has some positive(s).

Shitbox has been exclusively serviced by VW, even though I could do it myself for heaps less.

In good news for Euro car buyers, manufacturer warranty is not relevant. Under Australian Consumer Law, what you buy has to be free from major defects for a reasonable period. And if its not you get to choose between replace, refund or repair. VW were specifically done in 2018 for not complying.

https://www.accc.gov.au/by-industry/cars-and-vehicles

So, just say it is not reasonable to have this failure so soon, and ask for your money back, and buy a nissan.

Of course, there is a possibility that they will disagree and you spend the next couple of years in court trying to prove it

• Like 2

Thanks @Duncan let's see how I go next week.

For good measure, just happened again. Daily occurrence 🥲

Will get it fixed and wait till the Minister of War & Finance is back to work so we have more cash flow instead of torching our savings before we buy a new shit box (won't be a Nissan, soz).

IMG-20240218-WA0010.thumb.jpg.b07fe53441603a2ce0bbc7e9941b1637.jpg