SAU Community

r34 GT to GTT conversion

r34 GT to GTT conversion

looking at putting a factory auto rb25det neo into my auto r34 gt, then new engine is out of a gtt, can anyone give me advise on what problems i'm likely to run into?

i have read that there's an issue with the auto trans and possibly with traction control is anyone able to confirm this please?

"will be cheaper" love how everyone is so optimistic, a manual gtt with really high km's is about 18-25k in nz and a 25det neo engine with low km's is 3k and manual gtt gearbox is 3k, my gt already has an lsd, and turbo brakes so seems like my best option, as finding any manual r34 that hasnt been absolutely thrashed is unrealistic for a price less than my kidney and liver

On 20/03/2017 at 4:17 AM, Jet_Mapex said:

r34 GT to GTT conversion

looking at putting a factory auto rb25det neo into my auto r34 gt, then new engine is out of a gtt, can anyone give me advise on what problems i'm likely to run into?

i have read that there's an issue with the auto trans and possibly with traction control is anyone able to confirm this please?

Looking to do the exactly the same conversion myself, again purely because of the cost difference. Selling my GT wont fetch anywhere near the cost of a GTT

1 hour ago, wicksy said:

Looking to do the exactly the same conversion myself, again purely because of the cost difference. Selling my GT wont fetch anywhere near the cost of a GTT

How much are you budgeting for the conversion? I'd hazard a guess that it won't be far off the GTT vs GT price differential, especially since you're likely to need a gearbox too. The GT manual box at least is a lot weaker than the GTT box and won't be able to take the power.

You'll also need to rejig your exhaust, possibly intake, and get an intercooler from somewhere. Then you're up for upgrading your undersized GT brakes, swaybars, and so on. IMHO it's just not worth it, even if you're DIY'ing everything.

Ask @Kinkstaah he should be able to talk you out of it.

Edit: I've just checked Carsales for you, cheapest GT (sedan) is 6.5k and GTT is 8k. There's no way whatsoever to be able to convert GT to GTT for 1.5k. Just sell your GT and spend a bit of time looking for the right GTT (perhaps something like mine?)