SAU Community

MLR's 86 not a build thread thread

2 minutes ago, MBS206 said:

Buy something cheap, like an 80 series cruiser. And shove a Barra turbo in it. 

From memory get Barra after June 2006, and it'll happily make 500kw.

So then wind the boost in, injectors, FMIC, and go rip skids. 

Even better run the ZF6 gearbox and turn the cruiser RWD just for the drag racing Lols. 

I reckon you can easily get a 80 series into the low 12s in that combo. 

That is NOT something I would like.

More like a old steel bumper Datsun or Toyota, with a modern engine, maybe.....or maybe a R32 GTST with a RB25, or a 30 or 31 or.... a Crown, or a, a, a....   frack knows

9 minutes ago, mlr said:

That is NOT something I would like.

More like a old steel bumper Datsun or Toyota, with a modern engine, maybe.....or maybe a R32 GTST with a RB25, or a 30 or 31 or.... a Crown, or a, a, a....   frack knows

R32 with a Barra. 

Do it. 

• 4 weeks later...

So......

Boredom and interwebs shopping happened.....again.....autosalon style

20190704_131517.thumb.jpg.87b61cd1783dd1a4dd9fd9d67bbcffc7.jpg

Nothing special, just a bracket that replaces the black chunky bracket/cover that, umm, cover the rail and injectors.

The black box is the control unit for the fuel injection, or.....the flux capacitor.....

Pointless, yeah, but a quick little mod that removes the chunky horrible unbelievably heavy steel covers.

20190704_131343.thumb.jpg.b98e7e51be35e1140fe76260fb4c78d4.jpg

Check out the cool sticker, at least 11ty extra hypnopowers

20190704_133133.thumb.jpg.f0bc10bcb5be1fbf548441fbb4e94724.jpg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

2J swap soon?

Nope

If I was going to all that trouble a LS would find a home in there.

A cammed up LS would be ample power.

Now I have a slight erection thinking about a LS in the little orange beastie.

I would need it to rain to do maaaaaaad skids.

48 minutes ago, mlr said:

Nope

If I was going to all that trouble a LS would find a home in there.

A cammed up LS would be ample power.

Now I have a slight erection thinking about a LS in the little orange beastie.

I would need it to rain to do maaaaaaad skids.

Barra The World! 

Tax time, hooray, found a thing, shop is localish, Lansvale.

2.5" Dual resonator for the more quite.

Current front pipe is 2.25" with no resonators.

Do I need it, nah, do I want it, why not...

SME2.5DRFP.jpg

Nice Mark!

you know what? We need to be done with the internal debates about spending money...I just break it down to a per use cost to make everything affordable

51 minutes ago, Liz said:

Nice Mark!

you know what? We need to be done with the internal debates about spending money...I just break it down to a per use cost to make everything affordable

LOL, sounds like a cunning scheme.

I like it

10 hours ago, Liz said:

Nice Mark!

Our household budget includes an amount of money each pay for each of us to spend on what we want, no questions asked. Works great. :)

my household we keep what we earn completely separate, split repayments/bills everything down the middle, works wonders ;)

i think the missus would be gobsmacked at the $$$ i spend on cars and the lack of $$$ i spend on everything else ?

• Like 1

Wow, I guess that works for some.

All our pay goes into one account and from that an allowance to burn on anything we want is then sent to each personal account each month. This allows maximum cash to be offset against our mortgage.

Big purchases I just pull out of the joint but I just need a good reason at times lol.

She wasn't too impressed at the cost of the fab work, her words "nearly $7k for a few pipes?" Hahahaha

• Like 2

Got the SME 2.5" resonated front pipe on.

The cabin is a much nicer place to be,  exhaust isn't tinny at higher RPM.

Shit photo is shit, but it aint going up again for a better pic

20190711_160328.thumb.jpg.296d8cf90fd54bd16a265d73dce48997.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Been thinking, again, bad things happen when I think..........booked in for early September, dooh....
"PULSE BRZ/86 TURBO KIT

We have developed a turbocharger kit for the BRZ/GT86 twins that really helps bring the car to life and maximises the platform’s incredible potential.

We start with a custom modified AVO kit, which includes a carefully selected turbo, manifold and intercooler combination that provides awesome low-end torque and response with enough top end grunt to see you giving XR6 Turbos a hard time! Our kit comes with all hoses, fittings and mounting components included, and mates to a custom unequal length headers + high flow overpipe & front pipe setup. A nice bonus with the turbo kit and exhaust system is that we give the car back a nice deep WRX rumble that’s missing from factory.

A little bit of boost makes the 86/BRZ come alive, and gives the little car a much needed power and torque increase. With our turbo kit and ECU tune its not uncommon to expect a safe 190kW at the wheels on 98 octane fuel, which is quite a dramatic step up over the standard performance of the car (100- 110kW on average). Much of the extra power and torque increases over stock can be found down low and midway through the rev range, which gives the BRZ/GT86 an incredibly usable power band and turns it into a proper rocket of a car that will turn the factory tyres without even trying.

We have developed this kit to maximise the power potential whilst preserving a factory appearance and most importantly, a very high level of safety and reliability.

TURBO KIT
  • Custom spec billet wheel turbo + upgraded wastegate actuator
  • Oil scavenge pump setup
  • Unequal length exhaust headers
  • Front Mount Intercooler & piping (black)
  • Intake piping to mate to factory airbox (powder coated black, very stock looking)
  • HKS high flow air filter element
  • All fittings & braided lines required
  • Oil breather & catch can setup
  • All labour to install
  • Custom Pulse Racing Tune (Including launch control, flat foot shifting, auto-blip on downshifts – whichever options you desire"

And yes, I desire all options.

• Like 2