SAU Community

R33 Coupe (WR33KD)

2 hours ago, WR33KD said:

Also a question for the pros out there. How does the clutch feel if I remove my factory clutch lines in favour of a braided line? 

Not a pro, but my braided clutch line doesn’t feel too different to std. For me it was more a matter of peace of mind replacing a 20+ year old line.

are you based in Hamilton?

4 hours ago, R3N3 said:

Not a pro, but my braided clutch line doesn’t feel too different to std. For me it was more a matter of peace of mind replacing a 20+ year old line.

are you based in Hamilton?

Ok thinking about getting a nice braided one. Nah Cambridge 

2 minutes ago, WR33KD said:

Ok thinking about getting a nice braided one. Nah Cambridge 

May as well considering the $$ already spent on the box.. gktech do a R33 specific one.

i live in Hamilton but commute to Cambridge for work.

So while the misses was at work I got to ordering parts. New power steering lines, braided clutch line, fibreglass I take light. NRG horn button and a indicator extraction arm.

Have no idea when it will arrive but NZ is going to lvl3 as of next Tuesday so maybe I’ll have the car back by next Friday as I won’t be going back to work u til the kids go back to school.

Also after reading Doses build thread I have been doing mods to the house also, have to keep the fingers busy

• 3 weeks later...

Got news about the exhaust that it will be all done next week so starting to talk with tuner for when I can get it up to Auckland bit apart from that nothing else to report 

• 2 weeks later...

So today I got some pics and a message saying the car was ready for pick up at 230 but was way to deep in home renos to stop and go get it but here is some pics of what it looks likeD1261B57-AFC0-48EF-B0A4-7F2A5E820FEB.jpeg.8ddb6fb6a9b1aac348600ca682c9a37f.jpeg49E6D067-4623-41CC-893B-1B9FA9A15CE2.jpeg.290865dae93936d560a9b0ee1590aeca.jpeg88314DA4-4C06-49B0-AF92-B4919B9F01CF.jpeg.ecb9697baf2ee7723570f937ab488c09.jpeg7153D4C7-9EE4-4AA8-B155-8520FF63AE0F.thumb.jpeg.836972b761c68f252b10a1d3b05b96c7.jpeg
As you can see the waste gate runs along the exhaust to exit behind the passenger compartment and a v clamp to make chasing the diff over a little less stress full

• Like 4

On 5/8/2020 at 5:07 PM, WR33KD said:

Also forgot to ask.

Injector size 1650cc or 2200cc

I've been told no need for 2200... I'm leaning towards 1000/1050 for ease of tuning idle but have also been recommended 1650s. 

I'm looking for 450-500hp on e85. 

If you're shooting for more horsepower and e85 and want the headroom for future then 2200 obviously. 

Also - that exhaust system is so nice!! I love the work

Edited by mosquitocoils

Cheers guys, not my handy work that’s for sure. Mike at Sinco customs does a mean arse job that’s for sure.

How you can kinda see why a 4” wouldn’t fit under there with the waste gate next to it

On 5/16/2020 at 9:36 PM, mosquitocoils said:

I've been told no need for 2200... I'm leaning towards 1000/1050 for ease of tuning idle but have also been recommended 1650s. 

I'm looking for 450-500hp on e85. 

If you're shooting for more horsepower and e85 and want the headroom for future then 2200 obviously. 

Also - that exhaust system is so nice!! I love the work

i've got Bosch 1250CC injectors and run 490hp on E85

I would avoid 2000/2200cc injectors, they're terrible. They're actually CNG (natural gas) injectors!

FWIW, you can do 372kW/499hp rear wheel on 875cc injectors on E85 at about 90% DC with AFRs in the mid 11s.

Personally would get Bosch 1480cc aka 1550cc aka 1650cc (everyone calls its something else), if money wasn't an issue straight up ID1300X^2 and run them at the required base pressure to get the desired fueling.

I have Bosch 1000cc making 444rwkw on 98 so bumping them up to 1650 and running e85 we wanna see around 550rwkw.

Also got to get the car today and man it’s loud like real loud even had 2 cops tail me for abit but didn’t get pulled over on a side note I hate driving this car, after every drive my mouth is real sore mouth.

So it goes in tomorrow to get new alt put on diff rebuilt again, new power steering lines and a new clutch line then back off for another tune oh and a wof

So with the news of e85 leaving my shores and e100 prices to see around $1500 for 200L we have pulled the pin on a e85 tune but will get all the parts needed installed just in case.

Been talking with Steve about upgrading my rear housing to 14cm to see if we can pump the boost up and see if we can’t see 650hp.

Apart from that it’s down at the shop getting diff re done AGAIN couple new lines here and there then will be off to Auckland for a tune.

Hope to have car back by June 20 as we are having our house warming ( covid rules permitting) and wanna do some shed skids 

so new short shifter and brass ball turned up today. Car should be back from work shop next week then off again but the tuners are way behind so won’t have the back for awhile but I’m used to that. Will get a video of car running when I get it back.

Also won’t be able to install any new engine mods as there way behind but will be new fuel reg and pump and ecu in and have it running by chrome which is in August that also means no shed skids 

• 4 weeks later...

Been a bit slack with the car sorry been doing home Renos while the car has been away but some news.

car is on the dyno right now and it’s making 453wkw on 26psi. Changing the plugs to colder and gapping them as it had a miss. It’s making more power on less boost.

Picking it up Saturday and it should be home for more than a week this time. It’s also all booked into chrome so will see what it’s like on the track.

Will post pics and dyno sheets once I get them

Hmmm, img_0483 movie... f**k it! I'll live dangerously, download!

That is sounding real nice. 

22 hours ago, WR33KD said:

Been a bit slack with the car sorry been doing home Renos

This is the opposite of slack. Renos are the worst. They're great fun and so exciting for the first hour. Then once the destruction phase is over... boooo!