SAU Community

I have no idea what to do

Defiance772

Well first of all it seems like people reported me for absolutely no reason and I can’t see any other threads but I can start my own 

to keep everyone updated on the whole skyline situation 

1 I looked at it

2 it’s super amazing there’s no rust barely any dash bubbles and it seems to run great but they don’t allow test drives cause “u get to drive it when u buy it”

3 they raised the price on me and they don’t negotiate cause “if u don’t want to buy it I’ll find someone else easily” 

4 this is the worst week of my life cause I just saw the best skyline ever to b in the USA and I’m like $2k short with the price meaning after taxes and gettin it home and everything I’m lookin at like $6k or $7k short I would think

5 what am I supposed to do? Start a go fund me? It’s not like I have cancer and I’m dying tomorrow so nobody will donate I bet

6 my dad is harassing me bout buying other things that r “better” so i think I’m just goin to get a E63 AMG and just sit on that for a while. 

7 ig this means my skyline dreams r not over and r staying dreams. If only dreams came true but ig this wouldn’t b called reality then 

thx guys for all ur help and feedback I really appreciate it 

Honestly if u can barely afford to buy it, u can’t afford to run or own it. 
gtr’s are expensive. 
when shit goes wrong, which it will it costs big money 

the saying is if u want to own a gtr make sure u can afford to buy 2

also I would never buy something I’m not aloud to test drive or get independently inspected when handling over large somes of money 

• Like 2

I would just like to add; do your research on AMG's before buying one. I've owned an E55 AMG and I've never seen a car depreciate so bloody fast. I bought it used, must have been about 5-6 years old and I had paid 30k (70-80k loss in 5 years).

I can remember giving the owner the 30K at the bank, him putting the 30k + roughly  another 30K from his pocket just to pay it off to legally sell it to me. I was stunned he still owed 60k on the thing. I sold it 5 years later for 18K. 110k to 18k in a little over 10 years. 

If you do your own work, they are fun cars but parts are bloody expensive. If you intend to always have it serviced at the dealer; forget about it. I remember going to the dealer once to get an alignment due to the air suspension (most other shops didn't want to touch it) and got quoted 600$ for a 30min job. After a few choice words, I walked out dying of laughter.  

Edited by TurboTapin
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, TurboTapin said:

I would just like to add; do your research on AMG's before buying one. I've owned an E55 AMG and I've never seen a car depreciate so bloody fast. I bought it used, must have been about 5-6 years old and I had paid 30k (70-80k loss in 5 years).

I can remember giving the owner the 30K at the bank, him putting the 30k + roughly  another 30K from his pocket just to pay it off to legally sell it to me. I was stunned he still owed 60k on the thing. I sold it 5 years later for 18K. 110k to 18k in a little over 10 years. 

If you do your own work, they are fun cars but parts are bloody expensive. If you intend to always have it serviced at the dealer; forget about it. I remember going to the dealer once to get an alignment due to the air suspension (most other shops didn't want to touch it) and got quoted 600$ for a 30min job. After a few choice words, I walked out dying of laughter.  

One of the boys at work has discovered this, his mint AMG 55 has cost him a bomb to maintain 

Bloody nice cars though, they need to be the real AMG though, made in Germany, not the AMG badged cars that are made in India or Africa that only have AMG wheels and dodgey build quality 

In saying that, owning an AMG would be cheaper than owning a GTR, and you could park the AMG and it would most likely still be there when you return, the GTR, not so much.

In saying this I've been looking at older AMG Mercs and 80's Jaguars as weekend cruisers for me and the Mrs

16 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

AMG E55 is still a very good idea. Most are low enough kays to have heaps of life left, and the parts costs are high but not ruinously. And they have already done all the depreciation that matters.

At this point you're probably not wrong. On a good note, didn't cost all that much for decent power. I put a sc pulley, intakes, catbacks and tune on it and was making 600hp and 650lb/tq. Thing spun everywhere on 305's in the back. 

Edited by TurboTapin

I can afford it but I can’t. Like yes I could go home after my vacation and get the cash pretty fast but by the time I have it the car would’ve been sold like two weeks ago. It’s goin to sell to fast. People r just stupid with these cars and when they see one for sale they just call the importer and say they will take it. I got lucky to even see it cause I texted the dealer for a while and I got to see it before he put it up. I have the cash for the car and everything for right now but I have also had my money in the same account for the past... forever. Meaning it’s in my dads name and it was never taken out of his name. He apparently “doesn’t understand the car and y anyone would pay so much for a slow really old car” so I am not allowed to pay as much as they r askin now cause he won’t write the check. If I had more cash on hand I can buy it but I only have a couple hundred dollars. I’m not sure if I explained this well or not. Basically I’m allowed to spend a lot more if I buy something he likes. If I don’t get something he likes then I get no help and am not allowed to spend every cent or even half of every cent on the car. The worst part is it’s my money and I went to work for how long but still can’t spend it on what I want to buy. 

so basically unless there is a miracle in the next week I’m stuck with a g wagon and a e63 and driving my work van that’s also a Mercedes. I just wanted a skyline😭. Also would’ve liked to start a YouTube channel for the build. I thought people would’ve liked it cause I would’ve given real feedback and numbers on the car instead of the garbage sponsors everyone else does. I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas 

Seriously no one cares about YouTube channel builds. 
get over your fascination of YouTube and Insta likes. The world has been playing with these for 30 years. All the info is out there, we don’t need Americans with limited knowledge trying to make videos
your dad is smart, you should listen to him. A stock gtr is extremely slow and boring to drive. Skylines are not the amazing cars you think they are.
you are going to end up pouring a small fortune into building a 1000hp car and then honestly you will rarely drive it. Something will constantly be wrong or need attention.

• Like 8

In 2005 I paid 16k for a r33 gtst, same one now in Australia 30k+
in 2007 I paid 34k for my r33gtr. Cheapest in Australia atm is 85k dead stock

no way in hell would I pay that for one today. They are not worth it at all. 

5 minutes ago, admS15 said:

In 2015 i paid 10k for my 33 gtst and at the time that was a lot for one. The fact that people are paying in excess of 25-30k for them now makes me giggle. 

But an rb25 is such a good engine with so many tuning options (if you ignore the heap of newer and better and cheaper options)

1 hour ago, UWISSH! said:

In 2005 I paid 16k for a r33 gtst, same one now in Australia 30k+
in 2007 I paid 34k for my r33gtr. Cheapest in Australia atm is 85k dead stock

no way in hell would I pay that for one today. They are not worth it at all. 

11 minutes ago, admS15 said:

In 2015 i paid 10k for my 33 gtst and at the time that was a lot for one. The fact that people are paying in excess of 25-30k for them now makes me giggle. 

These r kinda the reason I’m not telling him he has to give me my money and goin to buy the car. It’s like skyline on one hand with the big amount of hp for the time but not so much now or a e63 with 5??hp that I can buy the tuning chip for and make over 600hp and call it a day

Edited by Defiance772
Spelling error that didn’t really matter

8 minutes ago, Ben C34 said:

But an rb25 is such a good engine with so many tuning options (if you ignore the heap of newer and better and cheaper options)

It is a good engine to be fair.

As long as idiots are paying big bucks for them I'm happy to say they're the best engine ever.

RB stands for race bred mofos. Show me the money.

• Like 1

I'm sorry; I'm still hung up on the fact that this guy is, "stuck with a G Wagon and an E63". You poor thing.

It is true, though... since becoming legal in the US, Skyline prices have become outrageous. Us "AmErIcAnS wItH lImItEd KnOwLeDgE" now have access to the cars we idolized as kids, and are willing to pay outrageous prices for these tired old Datsuns. Truth be told, I paid around 19k for my R33 25T. Best bang for the buck? Abso-f**king-lutely not. Are there faster, cheaper, more reliable, more fun cars out there? Sure. For me, personally, I don't really care; the Skyline has "Zazz", for lack of a better word. Am I delusional? Probably.

Since I'm all about giving unwarranted advice, I would suggest that if you can't convince your dad to allow to you buy the skyline, maybe set your sights a little "lower". For instance, an early C5 Corvette (97-98) has 345hp, is lighter, handles better, and is honestly more fun than a stock-ish Skyline. These can be had for nearly half what they're asking for said Skyline.

Just saying... for $20k, you can certainly do better. 

Edited by LiteraCola