SAU Community

Tyres you use(d) and how u would rate them

Ok.. Just wondering if people use either of these tyres on their dailys. I just wana eliminate 2nd gear wheelspin (and some of 1st), and I'm a happy fella. Dont care which tyre, hopefully they last more that 10-15,000kms too.

• 3 weeks later...

KU36 going on the car today. It's no Rs3 but I couldn't turn down free replacement tyres.

Also if you're ever considering Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2, don't. I have had two sets and both developed cracks in inner sidewalls in under 2 years and 20,000 kms.

KU36 going on the car today. It's no Rs3 but I couldn't turn down free replacement tyres.

Also if you're ever considering Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2, don't. I have had two sets and both developed cracks in inner sidewalls in under 2 years and 20,000 kms.

• 2 weeks later...

tyres tyres...had Federal RSR 255/40/17 on the rear but 9000's ks and down to treadwear indicator...annoying thing is, HEAPS of trad left in side blocks, they're built very well for that. Looking at either Potenza Adrenalin RE003 or Dunlop Direzza DZ102, in a 235/45/17. Apparently that Dunlop tyre suits well in warm weather, might do well in the permanent summer of Qld?

• Like 1

Im hearing a lot of good things about the AD08R. It is making quite intrigued to give it a go. But holy jesus its about $1800 for a set in my size.

Im sick of my RSR's and am tossing up between dunlop z2's, advans or a bridgestone potenza...

anyone tried any of these on a track?

I have the AD08Rs 265 35 18, they seem to hold power very well and unless you are trying really hard with AWD, no spin, chirp and off you go.

tyres tyres...had Federal RSR 255/40/17 on the rear but 9000's ks and down to treadwear indicator...annoying thing is, HEAPS of trad left in side blocks, they're built very well for that. Looking at either Potenza Adrenalin RE003 or Dunlop Direzza DZ102, in a 235/45/17. Apparently that Dunlop tyre suits well in warm weather, might do well in the permanent summer of Qld?

I got the Potenza RE003s around two months ago and they're fantastic, in the dry and in the rain. But then again the old set I had were so bad and worn I couldn't even make it up the driveway on a rainy day, so I'm experiencing a massive improvement with the Potenzas. If you're already used to having good tyres the Potenzas might not seem like much.

• 4 weeks later...

so I got the RE003's....on for a week and not wowed by them, they're ok but seems sidewall is too soft, leaving them lacking in directional stability on the front when cornering hard. Will put a few more psi in them and see how that goes.

Had also used Nitto Invo's - bloody excellent, soooo much grip in the wet, I would have to ride the brakes HARD to get them to lock. Great in the dry too and very stable in cornering; got about 9000k's to them with about 25% tread left, at which point they had noticeably lost grip but still quite predictable, even though slidey.

Also used Michelin Pilot sport 3's, found them similar to the Invo's but just not quite as good IMO.