SAU Community

Parents going to buy me a Golf R32!

OC

Give me an example r43_skyline.

my direct quotes are examples.

with highly educated parents like yours. i really dont know why they would allow u to be a delivery boy and take away your time when u already have a job. dont u go to school ? dont u study ? i would have expected education to be the no.1 priority since your parents are highly educated.

my direct quotes are examples.

with highly educated parents like yours. i really dont know why they would allow u to be a delivery boy and take away your time when u already have a job. dont u go to school ? dont u study ? i would have expected education to be the no.1 priority since your parents are highly educated.

My Job at maccas isnt even worth having. I do the deliveries for money, an because I love to drive. Yes I go to school as previously stated, no I dont really study, Im only in YR10. Maybe next yr.....Anyways, I really am sick of arguaing this point. Can we PLEASE just move on? I can understand what you're saying, but its my life and I will live it as I choose. All I want is some advice on the GOLF R32.

Shit i would hate to live in a house and ask how it was payed for and u say. "My mummy and daddy paid for it" Then im sorry, but i would guarantee many laughs from people...

You reckon that people laugh in Jamie Packer or Lachlan Murdoch, whose daddies pretty much set them up with everything? They even work for daddy's business in some cushy management job (wonder if they ever started "at the bottom" making coffee, doing the filing, or whatever).

And in Jamie's case, his first attempt at doing his own thing was heavily funded by the old man and when it crashed and burned his old man bailed him out, leaving others out to dry.

I'm glad that my olds couldn't afford to buy me some shit hot car when I was young (I probably would have killed myself, and never learnt to drive properly) but if my parents could afford to pay for my house (without leaving themselves destitute) I'd grab that opportunity with both hands. People can feel free to laugh.....while they're blowing away their income on rent while struggling to come up with a deposit.

They can keep laughing when they finally get their first home and I'm on my first or second investment property, or maybe a diversified stock portfolio, and they can keep laughing in their lovely job when I've retired young and live off the income from the various investments.

Or maybe I decide to spend more of it while I'm young on things I'll enjoy. The independence high ground doesn't put food on the table, nor does it get you in to the R34 Z-Tune I'd be driving to the 5 star resorts I'm staying at during my holidays up to Far North Queensland or the NSW / Victorian snow fields.

You reckon that people laugh in Jamie Packer or Lachlan Murdoch, whose daddies pretty much set them up with everything? They even work for daddy's business in some cushy management job (wonder if they ever started "at the bottom" making coffee, doing the filing, or whatever).

And in Jamie's case, his first attempt at doing his own thing was heavily funded by the old man and when it crashed and burned his old man bailed him out, leaving others out to dry.

I'm glad that my olds couldn't afford to buy me some shit hot car when I was young (I probably would have killed myself, and never learnt to drive properly) but if my parents could afford to pay for my house (without leaving themselves destitute) I'd grab that opportunity with both hands. People can feel free to laugh.....while they're blowing away their income on rent while struggling to come up with a deposit.

They can keep laughing when they finally get their first home and I'm on my first or second investment property, or maybe a diversified stock portfolio, and they can keep laughing in their lovely job when I've retired young and live off the income from the various investments.

Or maybe I decide to spend more of it while I'm young on things I'll enjoy. The independence high ground doesn't put food on the table, nor does it get you in to the R34 Z-Tune I'd be driving to the 5 star resorts I'm staying at during my holidays up to Far North Queensland or the NSW / Victorian snow fields.

Good sum up! :werd:

got to agreed with that sounds good doesnt it? although not necessarily a happy life....

got to agreed with that sounds good doesnt it? although not necessarily a happy life....

Happiness is just a mindset. You get the idle rich just as much as the contented poor.

Reminds me of that story about the two kids. One is positive and one is negative. They're put in to a room full of horse shit, and given a shovel.

The negative kid throws down the shovel, and starts whinging about the smell, how cheap the plastic shovel is, and just sitting in the corner having a sulk.

The positive one is having a ball, going nuts with the shovel attacking the pile of dung with a big grin on his face.

When they ask him why he's so happy, he replies back with, "With all this poo around, there has to be a horse around here somewhere!"

I doubt I'd be ultra happy in that life, since I'd always want more, but I can tell you now that I'd be happier than living the life I have now, without the pair of houses and my limited edition, factory 500hp, Skyline GT-R.

All I want is some advice on the GOLF R32.

-DOHC, 3189cc 24-valve V6

-18-inch multi-spoke "OZ Aristo" alloy rims with 225/40ZR18 tyres

-334mm ventilated discs up front and 256mm discs at the rear

-11.3:1 compression ratio and continuously variable intake and exhaust camshaft

-320Nm kicks in @ 2800rpm, while peak power of 177kW doesn't arrive until 6250rpm

-0-100km/h time of 6.5 seconds and can reach 247km/h

-Curb Weight: 1477kg

-Color Options: black, blue, silver metallic, tornado red

-EPA Mileage: 19 city/26 highway

-Suspension, front: independent McPherson struts, coil springs, telescopic shock absorbers, stabilizer bar.

-Suspension, Rear: fully independent multi-link rear suspension with dual-link trailing arms, coil springs, telescopic shock absorbers, stabilizer bar

base price for 2004 model release was $65,000

Then get it Tuned by HPA. Click the video link at the bottom.

Forum: VWvortex R32 Golf, its American tho....

do you really want an R32 Golf?, or is it just a car your parents hit with a dart?, 2 cars that compare to the R32 Golf are the Renault Clio Sport and the Barina SRi, both a lot cheaper. And also the Focus ST70.

Its pretty much my parents choice. Dunno why they picked it. Since they told me they were getting it for me I have been really geting into them, so now I think its a great choice.

not a bit little thing.. bit porky at 1477kg for a car of that size.. but I am sure it does go like a dart.. speaking of darts.. turbo kit would make it very interesting.. but the CR of 11 (I assume to get 179kw) probably not the best to turbo charge.

golf_r32_07.jpg

golf_r32_08.jpg

anyways enuff arguing y dont u just prove us wrong by standing next to both your cars in the same photo? one hand on each car :D

geez if my parents put money aside for me id be driving a r34 gtr not a golf rofl... *that ryhmes* lolz

but then again my dad runs an insurance company and i didnt ask for shit off him, infact i bought my own skyline working at a servo part time and saving and getting a loan, id rather have the pleasure of saying i worked hard for my stuff rather than saying "daddy bought it for me" its better to be independent....

far out

didn't think that this thread would turn into a 4 page bitch fest-1page info

good to see somebody has the decency to give the kid some info

(have u checked out my version of the r32, OC ,in my stagea chop thread?)

that kit from hpa is lethal man - that golf just rockets away!!

far out

didn't think that this thread would turn into a 4 page bitch fest-1page info

good to see somebody has the decency to give the kid some info

(have u checked out my version of the r32, OC ,in my stagea chop thread?)

that kit from hpa is lethal man - that golf just rockets away!!

Yea I checked out those chops - they are crazy dude!

2Cool4Skool? is that you ?

What was the point of that man? Were we supposed to find that humerous?