SAU Community

Parents going to buy me a Golf R32!

OC

Hey guys,

As you can see my parents are going to buy me a Golf R32. Anyways, I dont know alot about these car and wondering whether any of you have?

Anyone driven one? Been in one? Draged one? Any comments or questions are welcome.

Cheers

OC

Rightio then.

Looks aside, they are hideously overpriced car - end of story.

Yes they are going to buy me a Golf R32, but I also have the Stagea, and yes I have bought parts for it. That will be used for a delivery car now. But thanks to all of you who think this thread is Bullsh*t. Why on earth would I make it up?

bowrofl.gif

*COUGH* BULLSHITE

"R" = 'racing' (see integra type-r, HSV GTS-R, jag xj-R... want more?)

"32" = 3.2 V6...

I willl pardon the ignorance, but there are other cars apart from "Nissan Skyline".

Yes please give me more!

You are a fool.

You know damn well what I meant was that until the Golf R32, the only thing that would show up on a search for "R32" on the web would be an R32 Skyline.

Of all the letter and number combinations, they had to pick one that is identical to a Skyline?
Yes please give me more!

You are a fool.

You know damn well what I meant was that until the Golf R32, the only thing that would show up on a search for "R32" on the web would be an R32 Skyline.

I don't "know damn well" what you implied from your post. Because I didn't take the same view as to your 'implication' means that your post must be open to interpretation. On this basis, my previous post explaining clearly how the badge designation is determined, answers your question exactly.

My quip of 'ignorance' to other cars and 'want more' was directed to the greater Skyline community who can't see beyond nissans - no different to HSV / FPV / other manufacturer enthusiasts.

Your agressive reply has merely reinforced my assumptions of narrow mindedness.

:stupid:

• Like 1

give it up u bunch of girls

if he is dreaming let him dream

if he is not - wellllll...good luck

hopefully u dont kill urself - cause those golfs are lethal :stupid:

What is wrong with you people? What is this mines_datsun thingy? My folks are buying me a Golf R32, just a congrats would do. You dont wanna give me any advice about them, dont post. I dont care about your accusations because I know they are not true, seriously give me a good reason why I would lie bout this?

Anyways, bout the Stagea, CSV Imports has got me one (mates from way back), should be landed here in about 3 monthes. It is going to be used as a delivery vehicle for my parents as I would not be able to drive it because it is turbo'd. However, they are registering under their business, so I will be able to do deliveries. Yes I have bought parts for the Stag, but what do you expect me to do? Tell them "no I dont want the Golf, dont buy it"...?

The golf r32 is a very nice little car, drives well. but I wouldn't go and line up wrxs or 200sx or similar japanese cars on the road. Once moving it drives brilliant, just pray to god it stay together if you're gonna drive it hard. One thing to remember japanese cars will handle a fair bit more of abuse than their euroupean counterpart.

So do you go to Grammar or SFX? thats where most of the rich kids go in newcastle lol (dont get cut i was unfortunate enough to be sent to grammar). Why have you parents decided to give you this car, cant wait to see it on the road if you do get it. they look great and i have only ever seen one blue one around the warners bay area.

SFX! Yay, anyways, I will take some piccies of it when its on the road. They bought my sisters cars at 16, so I suppose thats why they are getting me a car! Im not complaining!

One of my friends test drove a Golf R32 when he was going to get rid of his S15.

He said it was a nice comfy car, but not the most spirited drive. It was pretty cool to drive a lag-free 4WD vehicle, but it still understeers a fair amount and the handling is a little remote. Its undoubtedly quick, but not engaging.

Your parents should not be buying you cars...

Bothers me off about the "R32" name too.. they could have at least chosen something else, rather than another popular model number. Sure, the original probably wasn't ever common in europe, but that is besides the point.

It's like naming a hyundai or something a HSV - imagine how peev'ed people would be down here. Would be only pissing off 18 million aussies at max, but boy would they not be happy.

What is wrong with you people? What is this mines_datsun thingy? My folks are buying me a Golf R32, just a congrats would do. You dont wanna give me any advice about them, dont post. I dont care about your accusations because I know they are not true, seriously give me a good reason why I would lie bout this?

so the point in your post was....?

to seek praise and admiration from people, most of whom you would never have met and are never likely to meet?

well if that's the case - "congratulations OC i wish i was as lucky you and my parents bought me a golf R32. you are so cool"

that what you were after?

i'm sure its a nice car and you are excited about it but posting a thread like that you have to expect some negative replies

Why are you posting on a skyline forum about a Golf R32? Surely a VW forum would be better, especially if you want advice. I have seen many and fortunate enough to have a mate who works for Audi in the UK so have been in a couple. Yes they are quick but at the stage I went in them, they were new on the market so teething problems had not even emerged.

I would recommend you find a good VW forum to seek further information on the R32

so the point in your post was....?

to seek praise and admiration from people, most of whom you would never have met and are never likely to meet?

well if that's the case - "congratulations OC i wish i was as lucky you and my parents bought me a golf R32. you are so cool"

that what you were after?  

i'm sure its a nice car and you are excited about it but posting a thread like that you have to expect some negative replies

Nope wasnt seeking admiration. Just a bit of advice. If you dont have any, dont post.