SAU Community

Hks Japan 2.8 Engine Build

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks awesome, credit to you buddy. What are the thoughts of the guys from HKS about the Hypertune manifold, did they comment in comparison to any of the Japanese branded products?

Mike

Honestly they were pretty impressed with the workmanship but there were a few mods to be done to make it all fit which isnt the japanese way, it wasnt a straight fit.

Here it should come from the maker and fit straight off the bat.. thats how they do business here and thats why some parts are expensive..

Barr that,... that they are looking forward to tuning and seeing what differences there are are if any against jap manufacturers..

Personally I think they will be suprised

Hey Mark,

The excitement is palpable. It seems like its all falling into place now. All the shiny bits in the engine look good.

Cheers

Matt

We are going to do first tune this fri and sat then its holiday time here until Jan 4th.

Then some more dyno tuning and then taking the car down for Tokyo auto salon and some fun and more road tuning on the highways...

Japanese tuning maybe more conservative but a hell of alot more fun..!!

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of video of first running and mapping done on Boxing day..

And no comments on the shakey camera work please..I was lucky enough to be standing let alone hold a vid cam steady with the hangover I had from xmas!!

u must have had a big night lol

sounds very nice...congrats! what hard pipe kit is that, hks? can you also verify if that top pipe sits any higher than the stock top pipe with 'twin turbo' badge?

u must have had a big night lol

sounds very nice...congrats! what hard pipe kit is that, hks? can you also verify if that top pipe sits any higher than the stock top pipe with 'twin turbo' badge?

Yeah Marko was a big night !!

The Piping is HKS Racing Suction Kit and no it doesnt sit higher than the stock pipe. We had to do some mods on it but that was due to turbo setup.

looks real sweet in the flesh.

Car is being dynoed as I type and should be ready for pickup on Monday and a run in drive to Auto Salon...Cant bloody wait!! :rant:

Hey Mark,

Any updates yet? You must be having too good a time at the TAS. I was there last year, spent two days drooling over the cars (and the girls of course!)

I am so eager to see how your dyno goes

Cheers

Matt

Cheers fellas !!

Just got into Yokohama an hour ago and cracking another beer aka medicine!

Got the Ferry over to the top of Honshu and drove all day to Tokyo.

Left Aomori this morning and was dumping snow but the new grumpy beast was like a cop in shit and had no trouble.

HKS guys have done a run in tune setup and limiter is set at 4000rpm and very low boost but was able to cuise the highway sitting on 130-140kph all the way down.

Matt I've been to Auto Salon a few times but first time bringing my 33 with me.

Not sure yet but either go to Mines open day tomorrow and Salon on Sunday or other way round.

I'm staying just down the road from Daikoku Futo so will be hitting that tomorrow and will take heap of pics and some video.

When I get back the car will have the boost ramped up and more tuning of Fcon then bit more driving and final dyno run at full boost plus we are going to set a scramble boost of 2 Bar on boost controller for those 30 secs hits of fun.

Then it will be time to throw some body parts on.

I've got new genuine 400R front Bar and Nismo lip to go onbut want to do it when the car gets to OZ so they'll be going over in a container with a bunch of other parts and wheel sets.

I'll try upload some pics of Auto Salon etc over the weekend..

• 3 weeks later...