SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Just now, vxsr33 said:

Where's the best place to pick up one of these venom 100cell cats?

I've been looking into it also - Their website says it's under construction and you can purchase from their eBay if you want to order something. 

• Like 1

A decent CAT really make that much difference :O??????? How would that compare to decat?

Yes I was very surprised too, turns out it can be a significant restriction. Don't know about decat it's a street car :)

Where's the best place to pick up one of these venom 100cell cats?

Ebay mate

With the OP6 High flow, Just check to make sure the actuator is preloaded and shut, leaks and active VCT. Alternatively you can send it back and swap the turbine housing to smaller 21U. The op6 should be making 20psi at 4100RPM on a R33 Rb25det engine and maxing towards 290rwkws. 

The 18psi actuator was opening at 13psi instead. Why would this happen? Had to use a bleed valve to bring the boost up. Also had my car checked for boost leaks recently and it didnt have any (ill do another boost leak test though).
Dont want to go to the 21u, i feel like that would be masking the problem.

1 hour ago, vxsr33 said:

The 18psi actuator was opening at 13psi instead. Why would this happen? Had to use a bleed valve to bring the boost up. Also had my car checked for boost leaks recently and it didnt have any (ill do another boost leak test though).
Dont want to go to the 21u, i feel like that would be masking the problem.

Tension up the actuator further, also is your flange fully seated with the turbo? I had a S15 come to me before for a tune and the turbo was held on by 2x nuts and the owner said it was laggy... well, when there's no exhaust going into the turbo then yes...

Tension up the actuator further, also is your flange fully seated with the turbo? I had a S15 come to me before for a tune and the turbo was held on by 2x nuts and the owner said it was laggy... well, when there's no exhaust going into the turbo then yes...

Will tensioning the actuator further mess up the tune at all?

And yeah the flange is is held on with all 4 nuts and they are tight

2 minutes ago, vxsr33 said:

Will tensioning the actuator further mess up the tune at all?

And yeah the flange is is held on with all 4 nuts and they are tight

Well if the tuner/shop has considered the surrounding cells then it will be fine, however if it's like the tune I saw from the said workshop then no..

5 hours ago, vxsr33 said:

The 18psi actuator was opening at 13psi instead. Why would this happen?

When car's running and there are pressure variances it will be different, you need use a boost controller regardless. Turbo run 18psi with no EBC using this actuator on test car which has a very free flow setup. You can also preload actuator to increase minimum boost level, but it will not do much working with that Return flow intercooler.  

Blue is Blitz return flow pressure checked before and after cooler kit.

atr45sat311rwkwnewcoolerboost.jpg

When car's running and there are pressure variances it will be different, you need use a boost controller regardless. Turbo run 18psi with no EBC using this actuator on test car which has a very free flow setup. You can also preload actuator to increase minimum boost level, but it will not do much working with that Return flow intercooler.  
Blue is Blitz return flow pressure checked before and after cooler kit.
atr45sat311rwkwnewcoolerboost.jpg&key=dedbbe8f1a374a921c5a15417ca6728345145d2fd23f1ad059f864bf949b6c12

Ah ok.
I was thinking of getting the suggested 100cell cat, getting an EBC and getting the car retuned by chequered instead (this will be a while away). Do you think this will solve the issue? As i said im happy with the power just want it to come on full boost earlier.

When comes to problem solving its hard to pin point. Like my self is in the middle of figuring out and fixing what looks like endless problems with a newly purchased R32 GTS4. Well, you can start with checking boost leaks, actuator preloading and VCT activation. for a 100 cell cat, if its not collapsed its not too bad.

Got mine back from DVS this weekend.
R34 GTT 2000 Model.

E85 - 287rwkw
Pump 98 - 256rwkw 

-ATR45SAT
-Adaptronic ECU
-Bosch 1000cc Injectors
-Bosch E85 Fuel Pump
-3" Exhaust
-Highflow Cat
-Stock Intake with highflow filter (This is a problem)
-Blitz Return Flow (This is a problem)
-Stock coils (Potential problem)

The actuator was only holding 10psi before opening, had to use the boost controller to keep it shut to 20psi
We tested the pressure before the intercooler and it was hitting 20psi and dropping to around 19psi.
So looks like as always, the return flow is a problem as after cooler it was dropping to 16psi 
I'm also guessing the stock intake isn't helping with the flow either.

Plan down the track is to swap out the intercooler with something better flowing and able to hold pressure.
The stock intake will be replaced with a nice big intake and a pod, all enclosed and bracketed to make it legal.

16357527_1718550951808168_171071331_o (1).jpg

16 minutes ago, Manuel Kasko said:

R34 GTT 2000 Model.

E85 - 287rwkw
Pump 98 - 256rwkw 

-ATR45SAT
-Adaptronic ECU
-Bosch 1000cc Injectors
-Bosch E85 Fuel Pump
-3" Exhaust
-Highflow Cat

The actuator was only holding 10psi before opening, had to use the boost controller to keep it shut to 20psi
We tested the pressure before the intercooler and it was hitting 20psi and dropping to around 19psi.
So looks like as always, the return flow is a problem as after cooler it was dropping to 16psi 

Plan down the track is to swap out the intercooler with something better flowing and able to hold pressure.
The stock intake will be replaced with a nice big intake and a pod, all enclosed and bracketed to make it legal.

Interesting

I got the 1st Gen ATR45's

And i got all 3 of your "issues"

Difference is my cooler is a normal FMIC but with return flow piping.

Made 380rwkw on Trent's dyno and ~355 rwkw on racepace dyno. From memory mine was about 23psi bleeding down to 18~19 or something

1 minute ago, blah_blah said:

Interesting

I got the 1st Gen ATR45's

And i got all 3 of your "issues"

Difference is my cooler is a normal FMIC but with return flow piping.

Made 380rwkw on Trent's dyno and ~355 rwkw on racepace dyno. From memory mine was about 23psi bleeding down to 18~19 or something

Yeah that is interesting, you wouldn't think changing the cooler from blitz to a normal cooler would make it jump up an extra 60-70kw. 
What exhaust are you running?

Mine is 3inch all the way through with only cat, resonator and the cannon at the end.
I'm thinking of swapping the cannon out for a good muffler to help with drone and noise, not sure if that's a step back or not though.

12 minutes ago, Manuel Kasko said:

Yeah that is interesting, you wouldn't think changing the cooler from blitz to a normal cooler would make it jump up an extra 60-70kw. 

Mine is 3inch all the way through with only cat, resonator and the cannon at the end.
I'm thinking of swapping the cannon out for a good muffler to help with drone and noise, not sure if that's a step back or not though.

No idea sorry, some people have massive restrictions but then there is also Greg who runs one with 400rwkw

My exhaust is a 3inch just jump dump, decat and some jap brand 3 to 3.5 inch cat back

5 minutes ago, blah_blah said:

No idea sorry, some people have massive restrictions but then there is also Greg who runs one with 400rwkw

My exhaust is a 3inch just jump dump, decat and some jap brand 3 to 3.5 inch cat back

Seems like your setup is pretty much exact same as me, only difference is the intercooler.
I purchased some splitfire coils today because I'm having misfire issues from what I can tell. 

Will look into a cooler in a few months once I save the coin up. 

50 minutes ago, Manuel Kasko said:

Seems like your setup is pretty much exact same as me, only difference is the intercooler.
I purchased some splitfire coils today because I'm having misfire issues from what I can tell. 

Will look into a cooler in a few months once I save the coin up. 

If you're using the Adaptronic ECU.. make sure you set up the variable dwell table... by default it runs fixed dwell

1 hour ago, blah_blah said:

Greg also has a built 2.9L engine. GTX3582 .82 externally gated on E85. Tuned at Trents. I'm pretty sure he will pickup more HP going to a big PWR with normal cooler piping kit. 

Also any one know how to bring back that HTML coding button in the reply box as we used to have?

I remember at least two cars reporting just a smidge under 300rwkw on pulp with a Blitz so doubt that it's the sole restriction. Maybe search the 'all dyno results' thread for the full supporting mods?

Also like I think I mentioned the other day, my car went from 257 to 275 rwkw by swapping from an Xforce to a Venom cat, decent difference. Which cat are you running?
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Manuel Kasko said:

R34 GTT 2000 Model.

E85 - 287rwkw
Pump 98 - 256rwkw 

-ATR45SAT
-Adaptronic ECU
-Bosch 1000cc Injectors
-Bosch E85 Fuel Pump
-3" Exhaust
-Highflow Cat

Mine was tuned at about 289KW on BP 98 by JEM - Same turbo, Same cooler, 3" JJR exhaust with an unknown dump and unknown highflow cat, Splitfires with the stock airbox and snorkel. Interesting to see the differences between them. 

I'll also be changing my cooler in the near future and going to a venom cat as recommended by V28VX37. 

Similar to you my IWG actuator was opening at 10PSI which I changed after getting it tuned. The tuner mentioned that he had to have my AVCR settings cranked right up to get it to hold boost, since changing it to a Turbosmart variant I have the settings at 1/3 what it used to be. 

Inbox me if you want more details