SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Test run on the Rb bolton internally gated ATR45SAT turbocharger, the external gate has made a huge difference in power gain.  Final result of 362rwkws @ 20psi Internally gated  and 427rwkws @ 25psi Externally gated

Rb25det NEO Stock Cams
Nitto Pistons and Rods. 9:1 CPR
HyperGear ATR45SAT internally gated Rb bolton version Run both internal and externally gated
ID 1500cc injectors
Twin Walbro 525L fuel pump
Adaptronic Plugin ECU
Greedy Profect B EBC
600x300x81mm PWR Cooler kit
3inches turbo back exhaust
4inches intake pipe with Pod
Split fire coil packs

powerall.jpg

boostall.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/26/2020 at 12:27 AM, self_slaughter said:

Thanks all for all the help, I have most of the main pieces of the puzzle ready to go now. :D

ATR45SAT-BB (thanks Tao, she's a little cutie), 1000cc injectors, 460l pump, HPX-N1 maf, Nistunes off getting updated to feature pack 2.1 + having the flex fuel gear installed.

Only hard bit now is the intake piping, which I'm hoping I can just get fabricated by whoever installs it to make life nice and easy. Save me doing bits, towing it to a fabricator, then towing it to a tuner etc. if possible.

On that note, Any recommendations for an installer/tuner in QLD?

Where are you located? In Brisbane I recommend East Coast Customs & Townsville either myself or ShaneFraserMotorsport. A quick google of nistune tuners is a good place to start too

• 2 weeks later...

Rework on one of the earlier prototypes that did a fairly laggy 552rwkws, Now making a responsive 570rwkws.  As usual, mod list of the car is:

Rb25det NEO Stock Cams
HyperGear ATR45SS-2 prototype Turbocharger
ID 1500cc injectors
Adaptronic Plugin ECU
Greedy Profect B EBC
Split fire coil packs
Twin pulse manifold and twin 40mm gate. 
Car made 570rwkws @ 40psi, E85 fuel. With 250rwkws @ 4000RPM

power.jpg

boost.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hi all, after reading 615 pages I’m still confused on which turbo to buy 🤦‍♂️ I have a unopened rb25 neo, fmic, I have a link ecu and a 6 boost manifold waiting to go in, would I be better off with the ART43G3SAT or go for the g3 .82 bb version I have my eye on 750cc injectors to go with it. 

cheers 

5 hours ago, Smokey_1507 said:

Hi all, after reading 615 pages I’m still confused on which turbo to buy 🤦‍♂️ I have a unopened rb25 neo, fmic, I have a link ecu and a 6 boost manifold waiting to go in, would I be better off with the ART43G3SAT or go for the g3 .82 bb version I have my eye on 750cc injectors to go with it. 

cheers 

Without telling us what your looking for no one can really make a recommendation. How about starting with how much power you want to make and what you'll be using the car for? Street/circuit/drift/drag/etc... 

Also if your going e85 you'll run out of injectors with only 750cc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Murray_Calavera said:

Without telling us what your looking for no one can really make a recommendation. How about starting with how much power you want to make and what you'll be using the car for? Street/circuit/drift/drag/etc... 

Also if your going e85 you'll run out of injectors with only 750cc.

Hi,

I’m looking for anything around the 400-450 bhp mark.. I’m not looking to go forged yet ( maybe in the future) its a road car and the odd drift day. I won’t be going e85 as it’s hard to find in Ireland as it was phased out a few years ago, so it will be regular unleaded  for the c35 laurel ️,   On a side note I have a bio power 9-5 and it’s a shame I can’t get e85 for that too :( 

Edited by Smokey_1507

For 400~450HP mark on P98 fuel I recommend our externally gated ATR43SS2 in .63 rear housing T3 Vband. I can supply external gate exhaust manifold and turbo smart gate assembly with screamer with the turbocharger if needed. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 8/12/2020 at 6:25 PM, hypergear said:

Rework on one of the earlier prototypes that did a fairly laggy 552rwkws, Now making a responsive 570rwkws.  As usual, mod list of the car is:

Rb25det NEO Stock Cams
HyperGear ATR45SS-2 prototype Turbocharger
ID 1500cc injectors
Adaptronic Plugin ECU
Greedy Profect B EBC
Split fire coil packs
Twin pulse manifold and twin 40mm gate. 
Car made 570rwkws @ 40psi, E85 fuel. With 250rwkws @ 4000RPM

power.jpg

boost.jpg

Hi, is the engine in this test still on OEM stock valve springs? thank you.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Hypergear, 

I am interested in a 600rwhp capable turbocharger for my built rb25 neo engine 9:1 compression ratio. Will be running a 6 boost manifold (would you suggest a t3/t4 or a v-band inlet?). 

What would be the most responsive turbo you have in this range? 

Thank you.

Hi Blakeo, That will be a similar engine build as my R34GTT. Recommended would be an ATR45SS-1 BB in .63 rear housing in T3 Vband out let. This turbo have managed to pull 520rwkws with stock cams on E85 fuel and making almost 300rwkws by 4000RPM. 

• 2 weeks later...
carondyno.jpg
Some more results to share, R34 GTR test and tune, I've had this cars in storage for awhile,  if you did spent 250K for a fully unmolested stock one today you will be horribly disappointed with its performance. Stock twins with upgraded cooler, exhaust, and intake managed to pull 238awkws at 15psi, with help of a PS2000 it managed 272awkws @ 17psi, Not fast at all. after getting chopped by a Supercharged TRD Camry, I've decided to do some work to it. And I still believe Rb25dets/Neo are way better engines.

power.jpg

boost.jpg

Looking into further developments in T4 printed turbos. First up is a ball bearing ATR45SS-1 turbocharger in a custom T4 .86 Vband rear housing. Stock Rb26 engine is now fitted with:
APR head studs
HKS Cam gears +9" inlet, 0 exhaust.
R35 GTR coil packs
CAS Trigger kit
Haltec PS2000 ECU
ID 1650cc injectors
Twin 540 Walbro pumps+11m fuel line
Nismo Front mount cooler
T4 high mount exhaust manifold
HyperGear 50mm External gate
HyperGear ATR45SS1 T4 .86 rear
3 inches Trust turbo back exhaust
Final result so far 425kw on all 4 wheels @ 28psi E85 fuel
Tuned at Chequered tuning
Will be testing few different turbo combinations and spend more time with cam adjustments for better response.
turbo.jpg
power.jpg
boost.jpg
Edited by hypergear
  • Like 3