Merli

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Andrew: Go away.... We can't have COMPLETELY identical cars!!!!! :laugh:

Chris: Sure........... you can sit on the floorpan and grab hold of the roll cage if you want :ninja: Passenger seat will come sometime in the future.

Fatz: I'm more than willing to sell you the turbos buddy... But I'm not the one holding up the sale :kiss:

Well....let me drive then. :ninja:

Im sure we can steal a seat rail from another 32 GTR, and can take out my sparco and put it in...nah, too hard basket, just let me drive, I'll show you the lines......wrong lines haha :laugh:

Thanks for all the PMs regarding this... The more people we can get on board, the cheaper it will be to manufacture! :P

Just FYI, we're looking at a cost of around $700 for the diffuser made in durable, thick carbon kevlar.

Final price to be confirmed.

If you are going to the expense of making them, i suggest you revisit the design of the one you have....lol textbooks say that it can be improved pretty easily :P

Come on Troy... Give up the goods! What would you suggest that we do to make it better?

Most front under trays that I've seen tend to be primarily FLAT, with a few NACA ducts if you need cooling for specific components. It's the REAR diffuser and wings that have all the tricky aero and fluid dynamics smarts...

Most of the expense in making carbon goodies is the making of the prototype, and then the making of the mould. We can most certainly try and make it better, but it will be reflected in the final cost.

I dont think all these generic diffusers will work with my car, as i dont have the standard lip :( where all these seem to attach to.

looks like i will have to make a splitter like the one above..

what is the difference with a diffuser and splitter??

well these are just undertrays. a front splitter acutally gives some aero affect in extending the leading edge of the front lip.

have a look at what johnny's doing merlin.

and funky, that one is awesome but may be a little too extreme! I was thinking 2-3inch extension or there abouts.

well these are just undertrays. a front splitter acutally gives some aero affect in extending the leading edge of the front lip.

Ahh yer, well the front lip i have on now extends out about 2 inch more than the standard item. add another 2in with alloy sheet and you got a serious ankle cutter on your hands!

:)

Alright, alright... something more like this perhaps?

This car has had a fair bit of aero work done, with some decent photos. Let me know if you want to see them for some inspiration.

yeah. now we're talking. :D

:D

Alright, alright... something more like this perhaps?

This car has had a fair bit of aero work done, with some decent photos. Let me know if you want to see them for some inspiration.

Please do show those pics....

cheers.