SAU Community

Merli's R32 Track Bitch

Merli

1. Its PWR so ofcourse it will get fabricated right the first time. On time too. :P

lol, I see you have given PWR exact measurements and application details before with an order only to have something completely wrong turn up. I thought me and the 300 other people I spoke to were isolated incidents... :huh:

so you order a custom rad. give them all the details, maybe even a cad drawing if you are so inclined. they say 10 days to make. 20 days later you get a box unannounced. inside it is a radiator. completely different to what you wanted. you call and say WTF? they say, "oh" sorry, do you want to keep it for 20% off? we don't really want it back? you say no. they say ok send it back. they then say, oh, we have the one you wanted here off the shelf, we can send tomorrow... WTF??? send the rad. this time it is right. then they might send you another one and bill you twice just to keep you guessing. lol.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lol, I see you have given PWR exact measurements and application details before with an order only to have something completely wrong turn up. I thought me and the 300 other people I spoke to were isolated incidents... :huh:

so you order a custom rad. give them all the details, maybe even a cad drawing if you are so inclined. they say 10 days to make. 20 days later you get a box unannounced. inside it is a radiator. completely different to what you wanted. you call and say WTF? they say, "oh" sorry, do you want to keep it for 20% off? we don't really want it back? you say no. they say ok send it back. they then say, oh, we have the one you wanted here off the shelf, we can send tomorrow... WTF??? send the rad. this time it is right. then they might send you another one and bill you twice just to keep you guessing. lol.

Gees mine wasn't even that complicated.

Give me one for a stock R32 Gt-R I said. So they did. Sort of. I mean, to be fair some of the dimensions were correct.

I got it fixed locally as I ran out of faith that they could get it right. Admittedly I didn't want to wait for it to go back & forth to Queensland from WA & I got the hump after they told me my car was what was wrong.

So I dunno. They do some good work but their quality control as far as building the things as per the drawing is well, forum rules & all that. :P

Edited by djr81

:P:huh::P:rofl: :rofl:

We supplied a CAD drawing with exact specs and measurements in millimeters, but I don't know how accurate the end result was...

Perhaps John did the measurements to check?

well they have made a few of those rads now. having said all that their gear is top shelf. once you get through the standard order process of receive, swear, return, receive, swear, return, receive, rejoice, use. then it's all good. :P

yep the PWR rads with oil/coolant heat exchanger are the way to go. when you look at the price of a nice rad like a koyo and a good oil cooler like say a trust kit then the price of the PWR all in one solution makes a lot of sense. and like DJR81 pointed out you then have the passenger side duct free for something else like CAI.

'big' hp = cant fit big enough oil cooler into radiator, need to use 21row or use 2 oil coolers 1 in the radiator and 1 external

thick fmic + street driving/low air speed = not ideal to use anything thicker than the 42mm (low air speeds when in traffic/start stop stuff the air cant pass through the fmic and cool the radiator quick enough)

twin pass can only be made in ~55mm radiator, bollocks if u have space constraints (i.e crank driven oil pump is in the road)

info straight from PWR

'big' hp = cant fit big enough oil cooler into radiator, need to use 21row or use 2 oil coolers 1 in the radiator and 1 external

thick fmic + street driving/low air speed = not ideal to use anything thicker than the 42mm (low air speeds when in traffic/start stop stuff the air cant pass through the fmic and cool the radiator quick enough)

twin pass can only be made in ~55mm radiator, bollocks if u have space constraints (i.e crank driven oil pump is in the road)

info straight from PWR

Luckily my engine is stock :P

Nice work cleaning up the chassis rails mate,,,I was having kittens when I saw dirt.

I've used PWR on 3 occasions with drawings and each time they came to me perfect. Must be because I'm a nice guy.

Andrew have you thought about running a fuel cooler?

Neil.

Andrew have you thought about running a fuel cooler?

Nerp... Not as yet...

I'll get to the details like that further down the track... Right now, I'm just concentrating on the basics :(

Not much action... But we should have some shiny new brake hardware photos next week :)

Custom header tank

090520_header_tank.jpg

Clutch line with the dumb delay valve mechanism - bin!

New braided clutch line = yay!

1kg weight saving......... Priceless. :D

090520_clutch_1.jpg

090520_clutch_2.jpg

It's there to smooth out the pressure of the clutch line, so the result is a smoother activation and deactivation of the clutch.

Obviously designed for road use, but many people get rid of it for road use too, as you lose control and feel over the clutch pedal.

Hmmmm digital scales... What business did you say you were in again Merli? :)

Yeah, I had to move a few bricks out of the way to get to the scales :)

It's there to cool the clutch fluid to prevent boiling. With the stuffs removed I usually have to bleed the clutch after a drag or track day.

BTW where did you get your braided line from?

Edited by 9krpm

It's there to cool the clutch fluid to prevent boiling. With the stuffs removed I usually have to bleed the clutch after a drag or track day.

BTW where did you get your braided line from?

Give Tim a call at Unique Autosports... He'll source one for you...