Merli's R32 Track Bitch

Merli

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I remember Morgs showing me alot of vids back in the day, I wanted my 33 to go as hard as yours!!

but all I could muster was an internally gated gtrs with 254rwkw!

So is teh GTAAAH going to be ready for OP in June? I bloody hope so!

Wow Andrew. Sensational. I only came across your thread today and am really liking what you've done so far. Your attention to detail really makes me feel I should've spent a little more time on some aspects of my own 32 build. Seems to make all the difference. I love what you did with the cage and attaching it to the bar under the dash. That's exactly what I should have done to get the front stays closer to the pillers but didn't click untill it was all bent and welded in.

Your thoughts on brake and suspension gear is also very close to what I have planed when required funds become available.

Again, nice work.

Coop

Thanks mate... Your build is a lot further along than mine, and looks like it will be terrorising many unsuspecting circuit cars... I wouldn't say that your R32 is lacking much in attention to detail! Hope to catch up someday! :)

Dan - It was an HKS GT3040... raised rev limiter to 8000rpm, and came on strong at 3750rpm, so I had a very nice usable powerband :P

Chris - There were a few in-car videos made of that white R33 :cool: Good times ;)

Damn... spies EVERYWHERE!!!

John's place is like the worst place to store a car... Every man and his dinosaur drops by for a chat :)

Here are pics of the speccy PWR radiator:

090509_pwr_radiator.jpg

.... and a hydraulic handbrake... Can't use handbrake shoes with my new rear brake discs, and anyway... Hydraulic handbrakes are teh shiznitz! :P

090509_hydro_hbrake.jpg

Radiator - BEFORE:

090513_radiator_before.jpg

Radiator - AFTER:

(with Spal 16" electric thermo fan, and Defi water temp probe drilled and tapped into alloy outlet on head)

090513_radiator_after.jpg

Better piccy of the Spal fan:

090513_spal_fan.jpg

Front shot:

090513_radiator_front.jpg

Nice work.

Couple quick questions:

What size Braille battery have you got & WTF is it still doing in the engine bay?

Did the shrouding to the sides of the stock radiator fit on the PWR one? Looks to be the 57mm version is it?

Nice work.

Couple quick questions:

What size Braille battery have you got & WTF is it still doing in the engine bay?

Did the shrouding to the sides of the stock radiator fit on the PWR one? Looks to be the 57mm version is it?

I got the 5.5kg model, and it's being relocated into the passenger-side of the boot very soon :P

B14115C:

* 360 COLD CRANKING AMPS

* 11.5 POUNDS, 5.5KG

* 147mm x 86mm x 150mm (L x W x H)

* 15 AMPS PER HOUR

* 1 YEAR WARRANTY

Radiator is a custom PWR jobbie, with an in-built oil cooler core in the passenger-side end-tank :D It's 55mm thick. Not sure if the side shrouds fit... Never really planned on re-fitting them.

I got the 5.5kg model, and it's being relocated into the passenger-side of the boot very soon :P

B14115C:

* 360 COLD CRANKING AMPS

* 11.5 POUNDS, 5.5KG

* 147mm x 86mm x 150mm (L x W x H)

* 15 AMPS PER HOUR

* 1 YEAR WARRANTY

Radiator is a custom PWR jobbie, with an in-built oil cooler core in the passenger-side end-tank :D It's 55mm thick. Not sure if the side shrouds fit... Never really planned on re-fitting them.

I always worry a bit about dry cells quoting CCAs. Half the time they give you some other number that is not directly comparable, ie sounds like CCA but is some other measure. Braille quote proper CCA's but not all manufacturers do.

I will have to look into getting one if/when my Deka dies. The 15AH capacity of the Braille unit may need an eye kept on it. There again my Deka at 31AH appears to last for ages before it gives up the ghost.

Good call with the radiator mounted oil cooler. Would have done the same (maybe) if I could have got one in a 40mm. Much neater than stuffing about with a seperate unit. Also leaves room for a CAI on the passengers side.

Edited by djr81

yep the PWR rads with oil/coolant heat exchanger are the way to go. when you look at the price of a nice rad like a koyo and a good oil cooler like say a trust kit then the price of the PWR all in one solution makes a lot of sense. and like DJR81 pointed out you then have the passenger side duct free for something else like CAI.

yep the PWR rads with oil/coolant heat exchanger are the way to go. when you look at the price of a nice rad like a koyo and a good oil cooler like say a trust kit then the price of the PWR all in one solution makes a lot of sense. and like DJR81 pointed out you then have the passenger side duct free for something else like CAI.

Yeah I like them because you get oil cooling at standstill which is something you can't get from an oil/air unit. Plus you can bin all the nonsense around the filter that Nissan provided.

There are only two downside that I can think of:

1. Its PWR so ofcourse it will get fabricated right the first time. On time too. :P

2. A 57mm radiator is alot of weight well forward that you need to lug about. Compared to the stock radiator anyway.

Yeah I like them because you get oil cooling at standstill which is something you can't get from an oil/air unit. Plus you can bin all the nonsense around the filter that Nissan provided.

There are only two downside that I can think of:

1. Its PWR so ofcourse it will get fabricated right the first time. On time too. :P

2. A 57mm radiator is alot of weight well forward that you need to lug about. Compared to the stock radiator anyway.

I certainly hope that it was fabricated right the first time! :D

I had a good look at the radiator, and the welds looked as good as any japanese welding...

re: weight

Haven't you seen my reo bar? SPEEDHOLES!!!! :P I only got around to drilling 4 holes before I couldn't stand the noise anymore... I'll get they boys at UAS to finish off the weight reduction later :D

I certainly hope that it was fabricated right the first time! :D

I had a good look at the radiator, and the welds looked as good as any japanese welding...

re: weight

Haven't you seen my reo bar? SPEEDHOLES!!!! :P I only got around to drilling 4 holes before I couldn't stand the noise anymore... I'll get they boys at UAS to finish off the weight reduction later :D

Well if it fits you are miles infront of my experience. I don't have a problem with any of their welding it all looks good.

Speedholes. Good work. Just make sure you touch up the exposed metal with some zinc rich primer.

Good work with the chassis rails too. :P Whats the secret?