SAU Community

A Boy's Love For His Rb20

All gone I unfortunately. All i have is a TD05-18G laying around
What were the Kinugawa like?
I can get a T67-25G with trust housing from them.

The brand whore in me says stay Trust.
But it's over double the price.

Not keen on getting the L2 modified.
Will either swap for a Trust T67 or keep I for a rainy day.

My Kando is new so cant really comment. Having ran a TD06-20G 8cm and T67-10cm in my RB25 i petsonally suggest you get a 10cm housing fot your L2. On E85 eill make a fat 310rwkws...made for a way faster street car then the T67. The one PI day i did with the T67 it was a good thing good  mud and strong top...but on the street the 20G was waaaaay punchier and pulled way harder in tbe mid to top...just lacked that extra 50rwks after 6,500rpm that the T67 happily saw up top to 8,000rpm

My Kando is new so cant really comment. Having ran a TD06-20G 8cm and T67-10cm in my RB25 i petsonally suggest you get a 10cm housing fot your L2. On E85 eill make a fat 310rwkws...made for a way faster street car then the T67. The one PI day i did with the T67 it was a good thing good  mud and strong top...but on the street the 20G was waaaaay punchier and pulled way harder in tbe mid to top...just lacked that extra 50rwks after 6,500rpm that the T67 happily saw up top to 8,000rpm
That's my concern. Too small for the 2.5L.

The L2 with 8cm rear should make 315 according to the trust book.

Compressor side is the issue. Cropped wheel and all.
45 degree curve and out of puff very early I believe is what to expect.

Perhaps just go with it and see what it does on the dyno?

• 2 weeks later...

My thing was hilarious with the 8cm housings on the RB25 and 20G. It was fyn. Felt like a HKS 2530 on an RB25 but it fell over after 6,000rpm. Made for a very fast street car. I say give it a nudge...you may be surprisef

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 11/13/2018 at 9:28 AM, Roy said:

So...this will keep me honest...

Thanks always to Racepace for being able to make a bunch of mismatched parts cobbled together work so well

20181110_141252.jpg

That’s some nice streetable horses!

So 2 days at Bathurst didnt go to plan. Slapped enough stuff together to do only 1 lap. Fuel filler tank kept spewing fuel meaning meatball flags. Then had a few other small similar things go astray...and ultimately fixed a few things on the fly that called into question  othet things that need a dyno run to work through so only did a lap at gate pressure

Running twin GT2860-5s

T

• 2 weeks later...

So looking back a week later now I feel frustrated. The first and only lap was a rather leisurely lap and not bad at 2:42 all things considered. 

Wish I could have gotten another 3-5 laps as I think I would have gotten it down into the low 30s or high 20s rather quickly. After that its going to take a load of laps to get anywhere near the limit....but not even worried about that. Its definitely a place where you need to treat it like a tarmac rally and appreciate that a pinched brake may mean a horrible table top ride back to the pits :(

Anyway...over the next few weekends will need to fix the stoooopid filler neck. Fuel tanks check/roll over valve and stupid radiator shroud that decided to crack and meet the viscous fan. Stooopid old cars and meatball flags! ?

• Like 2