SAU Community

34Geeteetee Daily / Track Project

Oh Nummy. :P

I want me some 33 GTR rims.

Yeah they are just as hard to find! I wasn't going to get a set of track rims just yet as i didn't exactly have the cash to spend BUT these came up at the right price so i had to break the bank :laugh:

How heavy are they per rim?

Compared to the cast XT7's i would say they would be light... The 4 parcels coming have a combined weight of 36kg including the packing materials...

Sure you don't want some SE37's?

Nope, have always wanted a set of black 34GTR rims so now all i gotta do is work out how to clean them up and paint them :D

Tow Car Updates...

The poor cruiser was getting a bit neglected so now it has had full service, big exhaust put back on and some new suspension bushes.... We also decided to replace the floor in the back so we could run Carmens new toy (Weaco 40L fridge)... We are generally useless when it comes to renovating or building anything but we worked OK on this one lol

1148850_616186861791569_1374010907148226

80L of E85 works wonders -

1609807_616186871791568_4775365474188781

We plugged all the holes from the old seat brackets etc -

10150768_616186888458233_326895602340930

10153283_616186918458230_216356620272614

1011802_616186958458226_8746123904220687

10173622_616186938458228_146790096261217

We still need to do some finishing touches and get the fridge bolted down properly etc BUT for all the upcoming track days we will now be sorted! Everytime we go to a day out we find something we can do to make our day better ;)

But...by putting a fridge in there there is less room for tyres!! :P

Cruiser has a big ass roof cage, trailer has about 4ft of spare room... I think we got it covered ;)

Oh and YES in the pictures i was using the 34GTR rims as a work bench for cutting the floor :whistling:

Atleast we know that they are strong haha!

Are you gonna paint them black, Mat? They seem to be in excellent condition as it is...

You going with 275/35's?

Atleast we know that they are strong haha!

Are you gonna paint them black, Mat? They seem to be in excellent condition as it is...

You going with 275/35's?

Lol yep!

I love the black look and WANT to paint them but i am not sure as yet... That photo makes them look pretty mint but the far one does actually have some rash... Im not sure yet but would hate to break the black/white theme! I see black ones and do like the look of them, would love to change the GTR badge to something else too but not sure if that is possible without too much hassle...

And no, either 255/35 or 265/35 (Leaning towards 265 at this stage)...

The 275 is too tall and puts the speedo out etc....

I love the black look and WANT to paint them but i am not sure as yet... That photo makes them look pretty mint but the far one does actually have some rash... Im not sure yet but would hate to break the black/white theme! I see black ones and do like the look of them, would love to change the GTR badge to something else too but not sure if that is possible without too much hassle...

Plastidip?

Lol yep!

And no, either 255/35 or 265/35 (Leaning towards 265 at this stage)...

The 275 is too tall and puts the speedo out etc....

Ah I see haha. I have a feeling they'll be black soon..

As for the GTR badging, Im in the same situation. I found a ebay seller who has circle Nismo badges in any diameter you want. But they dont even look genuine. Was going to surgery them onto the centre caps if possible. Or just get another set of centre caps and hack the gtr badge off...

Plastidip?

I honestly think this is the best option for now! That way it is cheap but also reversible if needed! I haven't attempted it before but i think Carmen is keen to have a crack at it!

Ah I see haha. I have a feeling they'll be black soon..

As for the GTR badging, Im in the same situation. I found a ebay seller who has circle Nismo badges in any diameter you want. But they dont even look genuine. Was going to surgery them onto the centre caps if possible. Or just get another set of centre caps and hack the gtr badge off...

:P

Hmmm these centre caps are too clean to mess with! I know places like StreetFX will make stickers and stuff that would cover the spot nicely but i dont want to ruin the caps! I think i might give Matts idea a crack and see how they look...