SAU Community

World Time Attack Challenge 2012

handbrake

As I said I'll be impressed if it happens. Effectively the only aero allowed under club rules is a big wing so it means most of this time has to come from a combo of good grunt and exceptional pedal skills rather than from some computer generated design that maximizes potential grip.

Anyone have a picture of this EVO?

I reckon alot of the cars that turn up in Clubsprint will be technically illegal. I doubt anyone will pull them up for it though.

Clubsprint Rules

Vehicle Modifications

All Vehicles must be presented as manufactured unless stated below.

Body

• All convertible type vehicles must be equipped with a hard top or a roll cage that complies with AASA Standing Regulations.

• The use of a Carbon or FRP Bonnet and Rear Wing is permitted.

• The use of an FRP Front Bar, Rear Bar, Side Skirts and Bonnet is permitted.

• Carbon and FRP Guards, Doors, Boot Lids and Roofs are NOT permitted, unless fitted as OEM equipment from the manufacturer.

That means no splitters, no canards, no diffusers, no lightweight or non OEM mirrors, no widebody or flares - hell, technically even lipping would be illegal! A quick look on WTAC's Clubsprint page shows pics of cars entered with all those things! lol

Edited by hrd-hr30

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon alot of the cars that turn up in Clubsprint will be technically illegal. I doubt anyone will pull them up for it though.

That means no splitters, no canards, no diffusers, no lightweight or non OEM mirrors, no widebody or flares - hell, technically even lipping would be illegal!

No big rear wing either as they will not be presented as manufactured, or is this contradicted below when Rear Wing is mentioned ?

Depends how you read I suppose ?

I remember reading somewhere that the Cyber Evo wouldn't conform to any regulations for any form of racing, it's that sparse on for safety......

In regards to Clubsprint, it's a joke they can do 39's. There should be no aero allowed and they should all be factory bodied. Call if Production if you must. Even the aero in Open will be over the top this year, and dangerous as everyone is hell bent on weight reduction. That Evo wing fail won't be the last over the next few weeks...

The lines between classes is becoming greyer every year.

my 2 bobs worth!

It would be nice if there was some ruling on aero for Open maybe keep it to CAMS sports sedan specs or put a 200mm limit on wings, canards and splitters - diffusers like the CAMS Supersprint series have done and leave Pro to the wild looking aero cars. There my thoughts on the matter....

That means no splitters, no canards, no diffusers, no lightweight or non OEM mirrors, no widebody or flares - hell, technically even lipping would be illegal! A quick look on WTAC's Clubsprint page shows pics of cars entered with all those things! lol

This car was running in clubsprint back in 2010 when i was running my R32 GTR, some how got away with the it as it was made from alloy not carbon?

post-36356-0-54511300-1343102363_thumb.jpg

It would be nice if there was some ruling on aero for Open maybe keep it to CAMS sports sedan specs or put a 200mm limit on wings, canards and splitters - diffusers like the CAMS Supersprint series have done and leave Pro to the wild looking aero cars. There my thoughts on the matter....

That'd be a good starting point I'd reckon...

No doubt in my mind Pro should be clearly different to Open.

hehe they asked me to crew for them this year. I don't know what the wording of the rules were in 2010, but in 2012 regardless of material used splitters, canards and diffesuers are not permitted in Clubsprint according to the rules published on the WTAC website. As I said before, I doubt there will be any enforcement of the rules - that's not what WTAC is about. The rules have always been broken since day 1 in WTAC and the organisers don't care.

Cool - if the rules are more just guidelines then I'm running slicks :)

Actually it's kinda disappointing - only because the crash I had earlier this year has left me with a dented / poked roof, so I was going to put a CF wrap over it to a) try and hide the dents and b) cause a shit stir about having a CF roof! :)

In all seriousness if this is the car and it can run a 39 in this guise on street rubber then all kudos to them. It will be one of the many things I'm looking forwards to seeing in a few weeks time.

386766_297269816958003_916378259_n.jpg

In all seriousness if this is the car and it can run a 39 in this guise on street rubber then all kudos to them. It will be one of the many things I'm looking forwards to seeing in a few weeks time.

It looked to have a cyber front end in the other pics.

I dont mind what Pro does, but Open should have restrictions on aero.

My idea is no flat floor between rear firewall and rear diff

Difusser can come any higher than the height of the rear tyre ( stop those super duper rear difussers like the CRX, Berry and MCS cars)

Front splitter can only protrude a certain amount past the headlights

Splitter can't be wider than the tyres

Canards cant be wider than tyres

these rules would keep the cars looking like cars, which is the bet thing about Open class.

Clubsprint should be about what is street legal, or easily modifiable for track use on a weekend. Rear wings whatever, but canards and front splitters should be banned. Over fenders aren't so bad as heaps of people have them on street cars, but factory metal except bonnet

I dont mind what Pro does, but Open should have restrictions on aero.

My idea is no flat floor between rear firewall and rear diff

Difusser can come any higher than the height of the rear tyre ( stop those super duper rear difussers like the CRX, Berry and MCS cars)

Front splitter can only protrude a certain amount past the headlights

Splitter can't be wider than the tyres

Canards cant be wider than tyres

these rules would keep the cars looking like cars, which is the bet thing about Open class.

Clubsprint should be about what is street legal, or easily modifiable for track use on a weekend. Rear wings whatever, but canards and front splitters should be banned. Over fenders aren't so bad as heaps of people have them on street cars, but factory metal except bonnet

Overfenders are out for club atm, as u need to run metal gaurds. Although metal overfender I suppose...

I think that should stay, else u have club sprint running 295 rubber.

The only issuse is that some cars come with a flat floor from the factory, one in all in surely is the fare thing to do?

I'd like to see no canards in club and a restriction on front lip length in both club and open classes. Also a min height in club. Maybe topgear speed bump test, lol. If the cars are to be 'street', surely u have to be able to drive them, well on the street.

rules will always be hard to police and there will always be people that take it to the letter of the law like what we have seen in F1 with many teams over the years and in any number of motorsport series. As an example andrew simply above with the splitter width and length you have specified you could simply (taking it as you have written it down) move the headlights and run wider wheels or spacers to get a larger splitter.

rules will always be hard to police and there will always be people that take it to the letter of the law like what we have seen in F1 with many teams over the years and in any number of motorsport series. As an example andrew simply above with the splitter width and length you have specified you could simply (taking it as you have written it down) move the headlights and run wider wheels or spacers to get a larger splitter.

Lol, yep

Thats why you use a set of rules like the CAMS 3D Sports Sedan Coachwork and Aerodynamic section 3.

For the guys that don't know them have a read, yes some of the things can be removed from that list to suit time attack but very good base to start with...

http://www.camsmanual.com.au/pdf/02_race/d.%203rd%20Category/RA22_Group_3D_2012-1.pdf