SAU Community

World Time Attack Challenge 2012

handbrake

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pro class is getting out of control!!! Think I'll stick with open class where the cars still resemble the street cars they started as

lol yes it is out of control. I think that is the whole idea of having open and pro classes, one being more controlled than the other.

The pro class is exciting if that is your thing. innovation and engineering freedom allows for some truly fast cars.

we are sticking with the crazieness of pro class!

funny thing is the fastest car, Cyber Evo, wouldn't look out of place in Open Class. Its just nowhere near as radical as some of the things with bullshit crazy aero that still can't match it. No doubt it has very good well developed aero, but its not the 'out-there' stuff we're seeing from some of the locals. Hopefully they ban front wings before someone goes all 'Rado' on us over here...

As much as I really don't like Evos, I can't help but like the Cyber car.

funny thing is the fastest car, Cyber Evo, wouldn't look out of place in Open Class. Its just nowhere near as radical as some of the things with bullshit crazy aero that still can't match it. No doubt it has very good well developed aero, but its not the 'out-there' stuff we're seeing from some of the locals. Hopefully they ban front wings before someone goes all 'Rado' on us over here...

As much as I really don't like Evos, I can't help but like the Cyber car.

Don't be fooled Harry, the cyber car has so much aero going on you just don't know it. Very trick.

They have numerous wind tunnel testings. etc. they have tried to make it look subtle even down to not painting the side skirts below the obvious more 'OEM line'

I won't list the features on the aero they have tuned but if you knew aero and you looked over the car you would know it.

plus its bullshit light and well setup over years of testing and has a very dedicated team.

check out the aero pics below. These guys don't even have bolt holes hanging below the full carbon floor, they have it suspending completely from above without and impediment to flow. this is just the top surface of the cars floor.

also check out the subtle but very trick air flow from the wheel wells. don't be fooled as i said, this is way beyond an open team.

gallery_56949_4256_220605.jpg

gallery_56949_4256_92747.jpg

how do I know?

I studied the car, I studied the people, I studied the theory and I discussed with the experts.

These guys are smart.

A lot of the local cars with 'crazy aero' have not had the years of tuning and setup mods the cyber team have endured. don't be too quick to judge. most only had the cars bolted together only just in time to make the event last year.

I've seen and heard all the stuff about their aero before - its no secret. Its just that they keep the car looking like a car. Not adding 2 feet of strange platypus bill out the front or wings off the sides or a couple of feet of the world's biggest diffuser on the back up to the height of the taillights. I've got no doubt all that stuff that fella designed works, but it looks crap, and Cyber shows you don't need all that outrageous stuff to be fast.

Edited by hrd-hr30

I think that the craziness of Pro Class is great. It allows free thinking and ideas you could never implement in controlled motorsport categories.

I agree that Mark Berry's R34 and the MCS S13 look completely ridiculous from a " i want m car to look like that" point of view but in a logical way they look kinda cool

But I also like that Open Class stays true the cause a bit more. I think a few further regs might need to be put in place to really keep that differentiation. \

Pro Class has one appeal, and open class has the appeal of still looking like the original car. Pull the wing and splitter of most cars in Open and take the stickers off and them look like JDM styled street cars. We decided to keep JET200 Open class so that Motive DVD viewers can still relate to the car and buy the bits it uses. A Pro class car is too out of reach for 99.9% of our viewers and out of reach of my bank balance! lol