SAU Community

World Time Attack Challenge 2012

handbrake

It is what it is. They could probably double the price and still fill the field.

Its just capitalism at work.

As a spectacle it worth every cent. The best collection of wild imports in the southern hemisphere on display make it a not to be missed event on my calender.

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should line them up for a 5 lap race! That would be a spectacle. The Superlap thing can be quali :)

But agree, with regards to entry the event certainly isnt for everyone. But as a punter it will be a good weekend/spectacle. I just hope the local lads can get some meaningful kms on their cars during the year and take it to the blow ins :)

$1200 is pretty damn expensive for 2 days but it's the spectical and atmosphere (hype) that makes it so good. Better start saving my pennies and keep the development happening! It's not that far away!

You entering Boxhead?

Club Sprint.

It's an expencive weekend though from Vic.

Sure is but so worth it!

So entry, tyres, fuel, accom etc or another OS car holiday? Hmmmm, I doubt my car would make it throught he fashion police requirement anyway :)

I have only attended the first Oran Park event so would love to spectate and barrack for Russ in his cheater spec GTSt :thumbsup:

What do yo mean cheater spec??? haha It's the same as your car only wider!

Don't you go just for the drifting Noel?

BAHAHAHAHA :rofl::rofl:

The price increase was inline with something about more track time wasn't it?

Yet the schedule/timing looks exactly the same... :mellow:

Yeh, more track time...but same number of sessions?!? errrrr?

Less cars on the track....was that a real issue last year?

Don't understandy, I'll be there in some capacity anyway. If I'm going to lay down 3-4 track days entry for a single event is something

to be seen.

i am surprised noone has jumped on the bandwagon about the entry date and conditions of entry that have been posted up yesterday?

http://www.worldtimeattack.com/index.php/important-competitor-information/

Its an improvement, but I don't think it goes far enough. They should be accepting entries based on how fast their car is, not on how fast their entry form is.

Its an improvement, but I don't think it goes far enough. They should be accepting entries based on how fast their car is, not on how fast their entry form is.

Some sort of pre qualifier? Based on natsoft times?

I can see the merit for Pro. But Open and Club...not sure.

based on natsoft times done in the last 12 months... It wouldn't be too hard to work out what reasonably fast times are for interstate tracks. Particularly now that we've had a couple of WTAC events - you can easily compare who did what at EC WTAC to what they do at their home tracks...

People are paying to get in to watch this event, and there's more demand than supply for positions. Why shouldn't we see the fastest cars. Who wants to pay to watch a 2min Clubsprint car, or mid 50's Open Class cars when faster cars miss out just because they didn't get their entry form in within an hour of entries opening?

Edited by hrd-hr30

based on natsoft times done in the last 12 months... It wouldn't be too hard to work out what reasonably fast times are for interstate tracks. Particularly now that we've had a couple of WTAC events - you can easily compare who did what at EC WTAC to what they do at their home tracks...

People are paying to get in to watch this event, and there's more demand than supply for positions. Why shouldn't we see the fastest cars. Who wants to pay to watch a 2min Clubsprint car, or mid 50's Open Class cars when faster cars miss out just because they didn't get their entry form in within an hour of entries opening?

100% agree, for open class and club, its not even worth paying to watch if its just another supersprint, it should be the best of the best, therr are plenty of fast cars and fast drivers out there, it would be a pity for them to miss out because a average car and driver kept them out because their entry fee was in before them.

I hope the T shirts are better than the last 2 years, my 2009 one is still good but the 2010 one lasted about a week before the print fell off, I couldn't find any for 2011.

How about we all throw a bit of cash in the pool for Uncle Dunc to enter the GTR... you'd be a shoe in wouldn't ya? It's definately colourful enough!

lol

if duncan got his car running i would have to give back the shit i stole

so that is abad idea