SAU Community

World Time Attack Challenge 2012

handbrake

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol I probably have spent enough on the car over the years (engines at least) to be there.

It is a good chance to have a beer or 10 with people from all over the place.

Everytime you mention beer, I think slim dusty!

You entering Boxhead?

Probably not although would love to have a crack for the "atmosphere" of it all, kind of one of those events you put on your bucket list to do.

good to see though i kicked this thread back to life :) Bring on August!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Has the just jap 35 posted any quick times? I haven't heard of any although I think it's a pretty new car.

What Im wondering is-which car will he be driving? Will it be the Just Jap 35 that has raced already in Japan and has posted some quick times according to that article or will it be a different car built here? Havent heard anything about Just Jap building a car here.

umm Just Jap have had a race/rally R35 in the country for about 5 years....if it is still in tarmac rally spec it will be very speed challenged compared to the big $$$ r35s getting around, those regs allow very few changes.

it's definitely the ATTKD Just Jap R35 in Japan. relatively mildly modded to date with the HKS GT800 kit making plenty of power but little chassis mods though I am sure they will be prepping the car beyond what is noted in the articles after chatting with Steve.

It hasn't put any times down on R spec tyres yet as it has been running in the street radial class (not sure what exactly which tyre but it is a Hankook street tyre they have been using).

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/385105-just-jap-racing-time-attack-r35/

umm Just Jap have had a race/rally R35 in the country for about 5 years....if it is still in tarmac rally spec it will be very speed challenged compared to the big $$ r35s getting around, those regs allow very few changes.

I forgot about that car but I was referring to them building a brand new car specifically for time attack.

Read back a few pages. Mark has his finger on the button with most of this stuff it seems.

Cyber EVO had, an EVO. However Cyber EVO are doing a R35, was meant to be 2013 though?!?!?

Whether they are calling it Cyber EVO (as in the team) or not Cyber GTR (with new model in the naming) i do not know.

Steve - If you know more - SPILL :cheers:

Whispering Jack hard!!!

Cyber GTR was suppose to get a full pamper treatment with its engine management. Unfortunately tilton has held them up with a gearbox. So no goer

My car is supposed to get tuned next month but my tuner is not available between 13th to 23rd ..... why? because ill be

in Japan replacing the Power FC and putting a full system in the Cyber EVO instead........ okkkkaaayyy .... coming to WTAC 2012 wooooot woooooot!!!!

:cheers: