SAU Community

This Website Is Now Pathetic. Sau Has Gone To The Dogs

turboadam

After almost 7 years and 101 posts here, the mods (if they ever actually see this post) can cancel my SAU membership.

This site used to be great. Now it is SHITE. People put up posts blatantly trying to sell rubbish such as acne treatments etc etc or other non related websites and the mods don't seem to care.

There is hardly any traffic here anymore either.

If I was a site sponsor or advertiser I would be extremely unimpressed.

I used to enjoy my daily dose of SAU, now there is no point visiting because there are usually no new posts (except for the above mentioned spammers).

I don't know what else to say except for thanks for the good times and goodbye.

• Like 2

I don't think the Admins like this any better than you Adam.

Pretty thankless task really - when maintenance procedures either need to be fixed or getting another mob.

I know that many people are flooding across to Fb, but there'll be frequent visits back to SAU to investigate...

I wouldn't say sau is useless. If you dig down deep you can find what you want. Great archives.

I agree its a bit cluttered atm but you learn to avoid them. Honestly if you click on something that doesn't sound car related then you're a dill. Except for wasteland.

This site still serves it's purpose as there are many veterans on here that have probably got the answer to my question. But just like any society you have to sift through the shit to get to the gold

• Like 1

Silly question, but you do realise that the posts about acne treatments and the like are created by spambots rather than by 'real' SAU members? Their business model depends on them actively seeking out ways around any spam-prevention methods that we (or anyone else) tries to implement - spam is certainly not a problem unique to SAU. We do our best but some spam will inevitably get through, and yes there has been a few bouts of it recently. As it's first in the list the R35 forum will see a fair chunk of it.

Honestly, the spam sucks but it's also a fairly standard part of the internet these days. Hit the report button if you find any and a mod will clean it up, I've actually just spent 2 hours banning spam accounts and deleting their threads so we do do it.

There's an existing thread on the spam in the feedback section: http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/448997-dealing-with-spammers/

• Like 3

After almost 7 years and 101 posts here, the mods (if they ever actually see this post) can cancel my SAU membership.

This site used to be great. Now it is SHITE. People put up posts blatantly trying to sell rubbish such as acne treatments etc etc or other non related websites and the mods don't seem to care.

There is hardly any traffic here anymore either.

If I was a site sponsor or advertiser I would be extremely unimpressed.

I used to enjoy my daily dose of SAU, now there is no point visiting because there are usually no new posts (except for the above mentioned spammers).

I don't know what else to say except for thanks for the good times and goodbye.

See ya.

For those who care, theres only a handful of us running things atm. If you feel you could help and provide some assistance, let me know, we could always use the help.

• Like 9

The ironing from the first post was strong, very strong.

Have had a few spam issues lately, but that's noting uncommon - It's happened 2-3 times in a major way before. Last time was approx 2 years ago.

The SAU Facebook group gets hammered all the time as well, just part and parcel of the internets these days.

Anyway not a lot of point to this thread really, I did get a laugh though

• Like 1