SAU Community

This Website Is Now Pathetic. Sau Has Gone To The Dogs

turboadam

SAU is actually going ok....... forums like nissansilvia.com and the like are pretty dead as we all/most use facebook for car n club related organization

i'll agree there is spam here n there

See ya.

For those who care, theres only a handful of us running things atm. If you feel you could help and provide some assistance, let me know, we could always use the help.

I report spam whenever I see a new one pop up :)

They're actually quite hilarious if you read through some of them. It's like when you translate a sentence in google translate through 5 different languages & the final english re-translation after that one is complete gibberish.

:touch:

Most of the R35 owners got fed up with the proverbial dribble that went on in the R35 section by certain members - and the general consensus was that there was no valuable information for us here anyways so we created our own private forum for discussion.

We have over 90+ R35 members now, so anything here is pretty much irrelevant - which can be seen by the fact that most of the comments here are not actual R35 owners... :action-smiley-069:

Edited by Wardski
  • Like 1

Most of the R35 owners got fed up with the proverbial dribble that went on in the R35 section by certain members - and the general consensus was that there was no valuable information for us here anyways so we created our own private forum for discussion.

We have over 90+ R35 members now, so anything here is pretty much irrelevant - which can be seen by the fact that most of the comments here are not actual R35 owners... :action-smiley-069:

Hey, I posted here in that section! Never mind, I just remembered that was before I got my R35.

• Like 2

Wow

90 members

that must make it the most popular forum in the world!

• Like 1

Shh Zeb,

R35 owners are above us peasants. Don't make the gods angry.

Ahh yes

I remember now

Love those R35 members who demanded their own for sale area because they didn't want to associate with us plebs

Now they have abandoned ship I think this section should be used to for dirtbike guys like me.

• Like 1

You know, because the "no valuable information here" they started a whole new forum, which magically had all the information they needed.

And i note above Post counts of pretty much every 35 owner i have seen on these forums, they wonder why there isn't any information? Do you understand how forums work?

f**king retards that come here and never give back to the community. Good riddance.

So lets do the math from OP shall we...

101 Posts and 7 years.

Ill say that's 15 posts a year
Times that by 90 users....
1350 posts.
Your forum must be Hectic busy.
Farken wanker.
  • Like 3

I'm terribly sorry but I just don't feel you were quite important enough back then.

Well yeah, I got next to no replies to my question, so it felt like it lol.

Plenty of R35 owners have had previous Skylines/GTRs (I've had two) and still do have them so there's hardly a superiority complex.

I got good help/opinions/parts here from members when I had my other GTRs. There's no way the forum has lost all its value.

Anfanee, no need to have a go at Ward, his concern might be legitimate. Maybe also the OP. Ward was also one of the most active users in the R35 section here. And a super-high post count is hardly an indication of quality contribution.

• Like 1

lol at superiority complex.

The GTR always has been and always will be the poor man's supercar. That's coming from someone who has owned every GTR to date and I currently own a 14 Black Edition. That doesn't detract from how amazing GTRs are.

If you need a vehicle to define yourself or validate your existence, you have bigger problems in life. Don't forget there is a Lambo forum somewhere where Aventador owners laugh at GTRs, Ms and AMGs....

Yeah this is quickly becoming an 'us and them' argument which I never wanted.

If a select few R35 owners went elsewhere, thats totally fine and up to them. I'm disappointed that they would do that before trying to work with me or the mods on solutions to their concerns, but these things happen.

For those with an R35 who want to work with me and the mods on making the R35 section better, please let me know! We need the passion in this thread to be spent on productive changes and discussions.

And, as GT-R32 said, theres a lot of ol' schoolers here who now have R35's. Hopefully they want to participate in some improvements also.

C

• Like 1

See now the responses above are exactly why the R35 community has left this place for dead (refer Anfanee's response). There is no superiority complex amongst the R35 community. Its never been about a pi55ing match... We want to be able to talk about our cars without all the other bashing and hate that has come in the past...

Sounds to me more like the R32/33/34 community has a chip on its shoulder and bucket loads of hate for R35 owners for some reason or another, and it begs me to ask why you guys even waste your time in here rather than spending time in your own specific threads. No offence but the mechanical differences between the 32/33/34 are massive compared to the R35 so I fail to see how the older gen owners can constructively contribute - another reason for the departure.

Sure 90+ members (actual owners not fanbois or wannabees) doesn't sound much, but the wealth of information within those 90+ members is incredible and priceless.

PranK, I think it is unfortunate the R35 section has gone to the birds.. With the R35 community being very well looked after elsewhere (ad free and no 32/33/34 community negativity), I really can't see anyone making an effort to revive this place..

Edited by Wardski

See now the responses above are exactly why the R35 community has left this place for dead (refer Anfanee's response). There is no superiority complex amongst the R35 community. Its never been about a pi55ing match... We want to be able to talk about our cars without all the other bashing and hate that has come in the past...

Sounds to me more like the R32/33/34 community has a chip on its shoulder and bucket loads of hate for R35 owners for some reason or another, and it begs me to ask why you guys even waste your time in here rather than spending time in your own specific threads. No offence but the mechanical differences between the 32/33/34 are massive compared to the R35 so I fail to see how the older gen owners can constructively contribute - another reason for the departure.

Sure 90+ members (actual owners not fanbois or wannabees) doesn't sound much, but the wealth of information within those 90+ members is incredible and priceless.

PranK, I think it is unfortunate the R35 section has gone to the birds.. With the R35 community being very well looked after elsewhere (ad free and no 32/33/34 community negativity), I really can't see anyone making an effort to revive this place..

I was here over 2 years ago and sadly its comments like the above that have put off many R35 owners myself included. I don't know the history of why this division has occurred in the SAU forum and why some of the other 32/33/34 owners have a chip on their shoulders but it does not help promote anything in the R35 section of this forum. Yes we have over 90 owners in the FB group now and we also have 2-3 experts who run/own garages that service and modify R35's. They contribute regularly on any technical issues and answer questions without any unnecessary marketing/promotion of their products. We have also had some great meets, drives and technical talks at garages where a specific topic is discussed.

So far for me I can say its all been very positive on the FB forum.

Edited by UKGTR
  • Like 1

I think a lot has been taken too seriously in this thread. I think a lot of what has been said has been tongue-in-cheek and some have taken it too seriously.

For me, its a shame that people want to leave but thats entirely up to them and I'm certainly not about to get angry or worked up about it.

Whatever people want to do is obviously fine, but I've had a couple of guys approach me about being mods in the R35 area and I'm hoping they become the advocates we need in a section that really does have a lot to offer.

I'm not a fan of closing threads where solid discussion is involved, so I'll leave this open.

Wardski, it irks me that you added 'ad free' to your last post. Trust me, if I could afford to run this site without ads, I would.