SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

3 hours ago, joeyjoejoejuniorshabadoo said:

The only reason anyone would go - free airfares & accom for the fam

False economy - you have this staying at home too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leroy Peterson said:

But the old codgers have their gun holder/stands setup where they just pull a trigger with the same old gun all day. How exciting

lol benchrest

That shit is all about fine adjustment for optimum grouping and they spend ridiculous amounts of money on it too. Usually old as fk...

Haven't been to Springvale for a while but when I do it's a 500 round box of cheap shit ammo that I burn through as fast as a bolt action will let me. Between know-it-all range officers, people being weird about what ammunition they use and Asian girls taking up all the prone mats / taking half an hour to get off 10 shots, motivation to return is down the shitter.

The current position only looks bad if you're looking at the price graph of 1 day, or 5 days, or 1 month, or 3 months, or 1 year, or 5 years.

or Max.

18 minutes ago, UNR33L said:

SMS from Birds after I sold out June for 6.4cents "Worst time to sell IMO" :P 

From an investment in the company point of view, it certainly was. You exited before a major announcement that was the whole reason to be in the share and could have gone either way - fortunately for you it went in your favour.

But if we ask why you invested in the share in the first place - if it was to take a gamble on making money out of the project, then you basically withdrew your bet before he roulette ball stopped spinning. You won't lose but you don't win anything either.

That's fair enough, it's not for everyone. In fact I'd say there are a minority of people who can put their money into a share like this and play the long game without getting emotional about paper highs and lows.

Spec shares are a long game with a high chance of not paying off at all. But they are the only way to make serious coin out of the stock market with considerably less money. Apple, Amazon, Fortescue Metals etc. were all considered spec shares at one point. Took years to do anything, but once they did...

5 minutes ago, Leroy Peterson said:

Oil is down... All other oil search companies are down today. Jus sayin.

The only thing that bothers me more than people judging long term play success by intraday SP is fluctuation in that long term play's SP based on daily oil price.