SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

Nah minnit for sale: super clean Evo, 80,000kms. Tasteful mods, never tracked, $35k

What kind of terrible poser buys an evo and doesn't take it to the track? That's quite literally what it's made for.

Ummm like 50% of them. Isn't there like a 100k build on sau that was built for track, but then got a new paint job and sponsors and isn't Road legal and doesn't hit the track? It's usually at WTAC..... On display...

32 minutes ago, HEKT1K said:

Saw one today in FTG, probably the same one

Yeah that's where we were. BUL-V10 was the plate. He certainly wasn't afraid of speeding tickets, but most Lambo owners wouldn't be.

I've been researching heaps lately, the one I'm about to get is the BlackVue DR650S-2CH

Great sound, build quality, front and rear camera, parking mode, gps, amazing night quality.
No screen, but you just open up the BlackVue Cloud app on your phone and connect to it to change settings, browse, playback or save the files.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TiTAN said:

This guy tests a lot of dash cams. This one is one of his recommend buys, though it's not cheap.

In Canada, where this guy is from, the OPIA2 looks to be about the same price as the DR650S-1CH, and the DR650S-2CH that I'm after (rear facing camera as well) is about $120 more

Cheers fellas, I'm after a incar video with good sound :)

ive had a GoPro before but didn't like it as it had no screen and was a little complex for me. 

Ive heard good things about black vue. 

Ill look into the ones mentioned above 

I bought the LCD backpack for my GoPro 1 for like $150 and that worked fantastically for framing and review. Added extra buttons and a speaker too, which made the interface much more friendly...all GoPros should come with them.

gopro-hero-lcd-bacpac.jpg

• Like 2

That being said, dashcams are easier cause they're already setup ready to rock and the video quality is pretty good these days

i had that as well and did like it.

however mine is mounted on the scaffolding in the back of the car, so I cannot get behind it anymore

or else I'm mounting under the number plate so cannot see back again.

so the bluetooth to phone makes life so much easier.

plus start and stop recording buttons when strapped in seat so not recording that 10 min sitting on pre grid

They've come a long way since version 1 which had the market to itself and made a household name. Then they had to play catch up on features a bit like Apple with the iPhone

Speaking of, I wonder if anything will ever dethrone Google...cannot imagine it happening.

They've come a long way since version 1 which had the market to itself and made a household name. Then they had to play catch up on features a bit like Apple with the iPhone
Speaking of, I wonder if anything will ever dethrone Google...cannot imagine it happening.

They will likely attempt to buy out and integrate anything that they perceive as superior.