SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

18 hours ago, admS15 said:

Just made the phone call. Managed to bump the value up to $9360. That was their max. Cost an extra $44, well worth it. Quoted 1400 for full comp and still wouldn't budge on the max value.

So yeah, still best car under 10kemoji6.png

Dat Skyline tax, paid less than 1400 for my new STI & my old FPV! 

Garage parking at night, off street during the day and low yearly km as I have a work van that does most of my km.

Martin is probably helped by living out of town and working from home so he is much lower risk.

ute went from 1500 to 300 by moving, no other change.

I didn't put a KM restriction as I actually thought I would be doing more km now things are further away. But it just makes you better at planning and doing bigger bunnings shops and such so doing less.

(super market and most food is within 1.5 km so works well)

I should buy my brothers 33 GTST that's been sitting outside the parents joint for the last 6 years rusting away.. 

I think it's missing an engine and exhaust only, he would have 30k in it and just looks like a heap of shit now ? 

Those poor advan TC3 wheels look like rusty shit too now :(

Edited by UNR33L

6 hours ago, UNR33L said:

I should buy my brothers 33 GTST that's been sitting outside the parents joint for the last 6 years rusting away.. 

I think it's missing an engine and exhaust only, he would have 30k in it and just looks like a heap of shit now ? 

Those poor advan TC3 wheels look like rusty shit too now :(

I remember doing driver instruction for him at I think Phillip island, (might have been sandown)

that thing had way too much power for the rubber on it.

On 8/10/2018 at 10:31 PM, emts said:

I remember doing driver instruction for him at I think Phillip island, (might have been sandown)

that thing had way too much power for the rubber on it.

Doesn't surprise me, remember it being a bit laggy and squirmy once coming on full boost! 

Saw Jasons R33 GTST the other day at Tuned meet, the thing looks pretty sweet all blacked out with the big CF wang.

Nice high mount hypergear turbo setup too 

Edited by UNR33L

Was working on the gloria this weekend and man, motivation is just gone for cars. Everything is just not worth it. I would just take them somewhere for someone else to deal with, but even then... Lots of people dont do good jobs, good people are super busy and take ages or you need to book 4 months in advanced and im away with work so cant even drop the cars off at the workshops... I just need to finish them then only do maintenance.

Then if the pulsar breaks again ill get it transported to alaska for 4th july celebrations.

• Like 1

Was working on the gloria this weekend and man, motivation is just gone for cars. Everything is just not worth it. I would just take them somewhere for someone else to deal with, but even then... Lots of people dont do good jobs, good people are super busy and take ages or you need to book 4 months in advanced and im away with work so cant even drop the cars off at the workshops... I just need to finish them then only do maintenance.

Then if the pulsar breaks again ill get it transported to alaska for 4th july celebrations.

+1
I need to rewire the whole loom, now that it’s running fine, but the effort required is too much.

Diff oil needs changing, dash cam needs installing, AFR gauge needs calibration, sound system to fit etc.

Never ending & weekend-time is becoming more valuable to be spent worrying about problems lol
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Leroy Peterson said:

++1 

Stag is still sitting in the garage with exhaust leaks and a few other things from Metec motorkhana... might get motivated again when the weather gets warmer. 

Got the same issue with the Subie, want to get a few things done at a shop.. 2 month minimum booking time, don't even know where or what I'll be doing for work next week so makes it hard to get it done! 

Nearly pulling the trigger on the new Work emotion T5R, apparently the lightest in the emotion range and love the 5 spoke design, multiple spoke / mesh rims can get f**ked too hard to clean! 

emo-t5r-bn.jpg

Edited by UNR33L
  • Like 1

At least with the subaru everything is bolt on available and the car hasnt changed much since 2011 lol.
Wheels are def next for it, not a fan of the oem ones. Just dont get gloss black please. Gonna keep the same diameter or reduce 1"? They look a bit rubber bandy at the moment

9 minutes ago, UNR33L said:

Nearly pulling the trigger on the new Work emotion T5R, apparently the lightest in the emotion range and love the 5 spoke design, multiple spoke / mesh rims can get f**ked too hard to clean! 

I have a solution for you, single spoke > 5 spokes for cleaning.

Image result for status wheels

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yeh I dont think much since 2008 really lol

One issue is finding shops that tune Cobb, not as many as expected in Melbourne but the big subie shops all do it. 

I don't mind the OEM style, they're just sunk in the guards and hard to clean.. not a fan of spacers too. 
Going to increase 1" width.. stock 19x8.5 and what I'm looking at is 19x9.5 +35 not sure what offset stock is.
Then maybe just transfer the tyres to the new rims unless I can get a good deal on some Nitto Invos or something. 

Ofcourse the problem is once you get dem wide rims, need to do dat suspension so it doesn't look mexican.. 

Looking at MCA coilovers, Australian company