SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

1 hour ago, admS15 said:
13 hours ago, Birds said:
Hasn't changed for a decade
R33 GTS-T

According to AAMI renewal letter they're on worth $7500. Down $2500 from last year.

Should tell AAMI if they can find you one in reasonable condition for $7500, you'll give them $1000 spotters fee. I'm willing to bet they won't take the "easy" money ?

On the GTS-T I'm AAMI third party fire and theft - I'll switch to comp if the value keeps going up and if they ever want less than a grand a year for it, otherwise not worth it.

RACV vintage full comp on the GTR and that's about $250 a year while it's locked up; $400-500 once it's out and about driving ~90 days a year.

Same Aami tpft. They only charge 250 odd a year but with their latest valuation, I'll be fairly out of pocket if it gets pinched. Im going to have to do some research. At the very least call aami and see if there is any way they'll increase the cover back to 10k. That's a reasonable amount.

Just made the phone call. Managed to bump the value up to $9360. That was their max. Cost an extra $44, well worth it. Quoted 1400 for full comp and still wouldn't budge on the max value.

So yeah, still best car under 10k[emoji6]

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leroy Peterson said:

$500 a year for RACV GTR insurance? No way... NRMA in other states used to be cheap for GTRs until someone probably f**ked it up and they jacked the prices back up.

It's the same vintage scheme NRMA to RACV, and I'll no doubt lose it come time to renew. People in the insurance thread have been complaining about their insurance refusing to renew etc. People indeed f**ked it up, insuring pieces of shit that got stolen or written off and now they won't touch them on the vintage insurance schemes. They base the savings on the vehicle being a weekender and spending 1/4 the time on the road as a daily driver. What they didn't account for originally is the rate at which people become detached as owners of these cars...

• Like 1

It is a joke, that's the business of calculated risk though. Getting stolen about 10 times more than Golfs, it's likely the only way to insure that car profitably ?

Agreed and that's why I've only got tpft on it. Mrs Ford focus titanium as a new car worth 36k was only $500 and funnily has been increasing as the car has aged. We're now around $750 for a 5 yr old 15k car. Damn insurance companies.

That's shithouse - done a shop around on that one? Sometimes they include a factor for cost/difficulty of replacement parts as these are more likely to write off a car if they can't source them. I remember 10-15 years ago they had a coupe tax on insurance premiums - anything with two doors cost heaps more to insure!