SAU Community

Quiet 3" System Is There Such A Thing

Hi guys i know this is probably pushing it but i have to ask

Is there such a thing as a quiet 3 inch exhaust for a R33 GTS~t.

If so does anybody have Db test something close .

other wise i may have to do a stealth system like pic....

post-5737-0-14692900-1465529382_thumb.png

Hi guys i know this is probably pushing it but i have to ask

Is there such a thing as a quiet 3 inch exhaust for a R33 GTS~t.

If so does anybody have Db test something close .

other wise i may have to do a stealth system like pic....

Good quality round centre muffler and oval rear muffler can be within legal limits.

At 100km/h the engine/turbo noise and general tyre/road noise kills any quiet time you might get anyway!!! Well it does in mine. If I want to drive and listen to music the volume knob gets a work out!!!

• Like 1

Once you get 2x mufflers & a resonator to remove the "bark" from the exhaust it's pretty quiet.... the tyre/road noise is the loudest thing in my car at cruise.

On the loud pedal there's "some" noise but you can still hold a full conversation without raising your voice.

if yr interested, my super super quiet 3" exhaust from my 33 GTR will be coming off soon (i'm actually annoyed that it is too quiet and going to a 3.5" varex).

i think they are interchangable with gtst's..... if so you could buy that one from me :)

Edited by usmair

Yep

I run a 3.5" system and I can tell you it's quieter than 90% of the skylines out there....

3.5" dump -> 3.5" cat -> 3.5" mid muffler -> 3.5" resonator -> 3.5" muffler

What brand of mufflers you using?, got any part numbers?

Id like to build a 3.5 inch exhaust, but my mates ones are super drony even with 2 big mufflers and a lot of 3.5 inch mufflers are only 3 inch internally so im sorta put off atm

was just going to go 3.5 inch to just before diff and go back to 3 inch and use muffflers i have used before that dont drone like crazy

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

What brand of mufflers you using?, got any part numbers?

Id like to build a 3.5 inch exhaust, but my mates ones are super drony even with 2 big mufflers and a lot of 3.5 inch mufflers are only 3 inch internally so im sorta put off atm

was just going to go 3.5 inch to just before diff and go back to 3 inch and use muffflers i have used before that dont drone like crazy

cheers

darren

the mid muffler is a basic hurricane round 3.5" muffler, the resonator has been cut off same cat back (HKS Priest) and the sides trimmed till the pipe work became 3.5" the rear muffler is a massive HKS Priest muffler which isn't really 3.5" more like 3.25" but good enough.

Funny enough, when the gate cracks the exhaust gets even quieter.. (it's plumbed back after the cat) like so (old pic, all the shit is wrapped up and also the wiring has been cleaned up):

post-22311-0-54027400-1463922888.jpg

• Like 1

My soarer is loud as f**k with its 3.5" system

Has a big hooker aerochamber at the back and a custom mid muffler (its small cause f**k all room with a 3.5" pipe)

What mufflers are you guys using on the quieter systems?

Try SMB mufflers in Sydney. INTUNE on here has two of their mufflers on a 4 inch and its pretty damn quiet! I have heard a 3.5 inch on a 34 and it was even better!

My soarer is loud as f**k with its 3.5" system

Has a big hooker aerochamber at the back and a custom mid muffler (its small cause f**k all room with a 3.5" pipe)

What mufflers are you guys using on the quieter systems?

i thought the hooker was one of those mufflers that is actually 3 inch internally aswell, only has 3.5 outers

cheers

darren