SAU Community

Borg Warner EFR Series Turbo's V 2.0

Piggaz

9 hours ago, reaper said:

Just remember if comparing to mine it was done with the 6 speed and 3.545's so not exactly like for like vs 5 speed and 4.11's :)

It still belts the 5s any which way you look at it ?

Its 7lb bigger than the 5s too so the most impressive thing is the 80kw in the middle. Not just the top end number it kills it from the basement to redline.. 

Another interesting thing is that it looks like the gains would probably be better to just going to a single EFR than using v cam to try getting the twins on song sooner.

Even so you dont get the killer throttle response or how quick the EFR stands up on the street.

More power everywhere and its also alot smoother and linear power delivery than the twins.

So another win if you are on track as there really is no "hot spot" even if you apply half throttle its not gunna give you 90% of your power like the twins do. 

You only need  half power for a turn?  Apply half throttle and thats all you get!

Piggies car actually made 240kw at half throttle outta the 486kw he made on the dyno.

No other turbos do that to my knowledge?

Edited by Mick_o

On 12/21/2017 at 3:27 PM, BakemonoRicer said:

New EFR crew member checking in....

Manifold will be a 6boost w/ twin gates.

Wastegates will be tial mv-s.

Exhaust will be plumbed back via 3.5" downpipe

The EFR will be used on a SR20DET with a fully ported NAPREC head, big valve chamber with deleted squish pads.

ETA for completion is probably 6 months away.

Having been in a 2.8L EFR machine, the thing is completely mental and beats stock response with quadruple the power.  THEY ARE MAGIC fellas.

No VE Head ? Stock stroke ?
What EFR are you going to use ?
I should really get my s15 finished at some stage !

22 minutes ago, VFRegal said:

No VE Head ? Stock stroke ?
What EFR are you going to use ?
I should really get my s15 finished at some stage !

DET head but very tickled. Stock bottom end. When it pops a 2.2 with possibly a VE head will go on it.

Benny can let you know with turbo choice. It’s smaller than a 8374 or 9180 though. ?

I would just keep that head on Benny's and slap in better springs, slightly more aggressive cams and 2.2L it's mum all round.

No need for VE if you're not chasing silly numbers. A clean S14/15 head with carefully chosen parts ie not GT3071 and open scroll junk will be perfect for his requirements.

2.2L with his head, VCT, TS everything will happily make the power and deliver the boner response he would be after.

Once the box blows, put in a 5 speed Z32 and an convert his diff ratio to 3.9 from an auto.

• Like 1

Nothing, and I mean no turbo in the world can spool up quite like an automatic gearbox will do it with a decent stall converter.

Going manual has certainly taken the buzz out of my EFR as everything seems laggy comparatively. Until you want to take a corner and all is forgiven.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Mine makes boost, needs more fine tuning and even more boost, got a missfire and a few other little niggly issues and then back at work. So still no 'final result'

Edit: E85 though which is great to have

Goes well though, can still hit full boost (25psi) in second gear with 50% throttle which is a laugh

• Like 1