SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

Wow, R33s on Facebook groups are selling like hot cakes.

A R33 S1, basic built motor, simple parts listed up for $18k and sold within an hour.

Can't imagine what my dim sum special R33 S2 would sell for.

I'm a bit motivated now and might considering cutting out the rust in the poorly rolled guards and doing a proper open door respray.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Wow, R33s on Facebook groups are selling like hot cakes.

A R33 S1, basic built motor, simple parts listed up for $18k and sold within an hour.

Can't imagine what my dim sum special R33 S2 would sell for.

I'm a bit motivated now and might considering cutting out the rust in the poor rolled guards and doing a proper open door respray.

Do it!!!!

18 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

I was thinking that the other day, not for me/the Silvia (though those are going north fast too, my car is too far gone though).

Now might be the time you can sell out and get your 335. 

At this rate might as well aim for a M3 F80 LCI lol

This ISO bullshit has a lot to answer for!!  The price of EVERYTHING has gone up.  Crazy how expensive R33 and R34's have become the last few months!  Used motorbikes have gone through the roof too.  Everyone is spending more time at home on the couch bored shitless buying crap they can't even use....

Good if you're selling anything, not so good for buyers...

@Dose Pipe Sutututu your car is now a highly valuable collectors item.  

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

So is yours @Shoota_77!!!

Just crazy, imagine one day this happens and someone just walks up and goes to me "I'll trade you my low km F80 LCI M3 for your unfinished R33"

Oh boy haha

Mate you need to get over this BMW thing!  I can't stand the bloody things!  I'd rather the Skyline all day!  Yeah they're expensive to own but nothing compared to a BMW that has conveniently just run out of warranty!  There is pretty much not one BMW I would choose over a Skyline (dollar for dollar).  A $100K Skyline makes a $100K BMW cry in shame! :)   As a track car they're possibly able to be lived with but I just find them so hard to find enjoyable as a road car.  They handle like a junkies eyeballs after a 3 day dry spell...

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Shoota_77 said:

This ISO bullshit has a lot to answer for!!  The price of EVERYTHING has gone up.  Crazy how expensive R33 and R34's have become the last few months!  Used motorbikes have gone through the roof too.  Everyone is spending more time at home on the couch bored shitless buying crap they can't even use....

Good if you're selling anything, not so good for buyers...

@Dose Pipe Sutututu your car is now a highly valuable collectors item.  

It won't have anything to do with Covid. Prices have been on the rise for the last couple of years. 

Having just pulled the Skyline off the road to go full race car - I try not to pay any attention to what clean 34's are selling for ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Unzipped Composites said:

It won't have anything to do with Covid. Prices have been on the rise for the last couple of years. 

Having just pulled the Skyline off the road to go full race car - I try not to pay any attention to what clean 34's are selling for ?

I have a K's model 2 Tone Silvia I've butchered, I also try not to look ;)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Unzipped Composites said:

Yeah they've been rising steadily but 100% Covid has had an effect on pricing.  I've been keeping a pretty close eye on R34 coupes for the last 6 months dreaming that I'd get one as a daily and I've noticed that they've jumped massively the last 5-6 months.  Good luck finding a turbo R34 Coupe under $25K now.  Even non turbos are gone from the market that were there earlier in the year.

11 minutes ago, Shoota_77 said:

Good luck finding a turbo R34 Coupe under $25K now

Just stupid, a few years ago you could get these for sub $10k (auto ones)

image.png.5fcd89386be67212ebe4bf3d2b9e22d1.pngimage.png.76bcbfe4e3d1ccdc624d193c2694d859.pngimage.png.e819d07c4a2530980e396fa0df62033c.png

Last car is the best though, all speculative power:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1998-nissan-skyline-25gt-t-r34-manual/SSE-AD-148104/?Cr=5

image.png.27b2ae9d7185b5a3a56b175c2fc7fcd7.png