SAU Community

Power fc pro. Did I just buy one or not

MJTru

Buying a PowerFc Pro for too much because you wanted one seems a bit silly to me sorry.

I had a Power FC for years and it was a good ECU. However, since switching to Link i can see how out of date Power FC's are

If you are buying ECU's just because you want one, maybe buy a link and see if it is something you might enjoy tuning etc as they are a far better ECU

On 25/02/2017 at 4:29 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

You upgraded to a PowerFC is like me upgrading my Samsung S6 to a Nokia 5110.

You're building a $10k motor and it's being controlled by technology that's more primative than my microwave.

Mate, nothing a refresh can't fix
https://www.cnet.com/au/products/nokia-3310/preview/

• Like 1

On 2/25/2017 at 4:29 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

You upgraded to a PowerFC is like me upgrading my Samsung S6 to a Nokia 5110.

You're building a $10k motor and it's being controlled by technology that's more primative than my microwave.

And like a 5110 it does what is is required to and is extremely reliable, where as my Samsung S6 might be newer with lots of flashy features I don't use but it also from time to time has an issue and needs to be reset.

5110 FTW

• Like 1

6 hours ago, r32-25t said:

That's fine if you don't want to deviate away from the factory functions but when you actually want things like flex fuel, vcam, wide band O2 along with plenty of other things it's useless

Which is 90% of Skyline owners, who think otherwise because the internet told them so. 

I just don't have access to a dyno. So I can't tune these high end ecus. Every motor I build is ment to blow up. Now that's worst than buying a powerfc and even dumber than buying an out dated ecu. ( microwave) I have many of times offered cash to anyone with a solution better than the one I use now for tuning. I use high knock as my indication of my torque drop off and clean up the air fuel ratios. I have always done a good job of it over the last 10 years on a powerfc. I have tried my ps2000 and just to much crap to work out, guess the timing for that ecu is wrong.. Powerfc let's me do it best for my situation. Well this motor and 2 more are going to hell and when that happens I'll build 6 more. And do it all over again. By then my business hopefully would be big enough to by a dyno and help guys like me out on this rock I live on. One thing I know is I love this bs more than most. In some cases it may have saved my, life if not for this sport, and hope it don't kill me because of it. People talk about tuning over the phone well that's like what I'm doing here. I don't even call it tuning it's like getting a good calibration of all sensors inputs and outputs to work together but not refind. Guys I contacted see the build and the list I give them after answering all there questions, and they tell me they don't like to tune quite this big, and hp level as it's not to safe over the phone.. There more comfortable doing simpler tunes which I appreciate. I like some who knows there limits. I'm trying hard to send this motor in a gts4 to the states side on Orlando Florida for a good tune. Along with a r32 gtr I have. Both about 600hp build. Not that much at all, but capable of much more. These 2 cars are 25+ years old and can be shipped there legally now. The tuner I'm looking at is Martin at RS- Enthalpy. Don't know if any of you guys heard of him. He seems like he does alot of shops stuff tuning wise. I know he does it for enjukuracing.
Well as for now I'm stuck with power fc. And thanks for all the links in the right directions guys. I'll microwave it for now.
Here is a motor on the way to HELL. 20170226_184839.jpeg20170226_180540.jpeg

My Link is road tuned. I know the Vipecs used to have a feature called mixture map, would log actual AFR vs Target AFR so you could get alot more tuning done every time you stopped to play with maps ( relied in wideband wired in)

Like I said, I never had an issue with Power FC, did everything I needed and was simple etc. But when you start looking at some of the alternatives, you can see what you have been missing. Im not trying to sell you on the idea, just putting it out there

• 5 weeks later...
And like a 5110 it does what is is required to and is extremely reliable, where as my Samsung S6 might be newer with lots of flashy features I don't use but it also from time to time has an issue and needs to be reset.
5110 FTW

5110 has snake too.

I rather a Nistune over any PowerFC any day of the week.

If someone gave me a PowerFC I would throw it into the bin.

Nistune supports flex, allows you to adjust dwell, allows you to adjust decel timing, allows you to enable anti-lag bang bangs, has launch, controls boost.. PowerFC has a useless hand controller.. so useless it can't even be used to unblock a toilet.

• 4 years later...

Just found this thread because I believe I got a Pro version also.

I found it for $200 and I have a Stagea 260rs which is basically an R33 GTR. I only want to do minor mods like -7 or -9 twins, maybe Tomei poncams and stick with pump fuel. So my goal is 400hp or so.

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's junk. IMHO.

IMG20210905105721.jpg

IMG20210905105713.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/6/2021 at 11:43 AM, r32-25t said:

Because it’s old is the reason it’s junk, everything with modifications and tuning have come leaps and bounds since that thing would have seen a box 

Oh Noooooooo ! Does this mean I've got to throw my RB25DET Pro version into the bin now  . . . . . 

Damb ! I gotta start saving up my little lunch AND lunch money again ? ? ?

2 minute noodles !  2 minute noodles ! 2 minute noodles ! 

Save Save Save !

It's kind of like handicapping yourself with EV1 injectors only. Can they do the job? Yes. Are the improvements big enough that you'll actually miss having EV14s? Also yes. Why handicap yourself with a PowerFC? Life is too short to spend it constantly afraid that your tune will blow up your engine. I would rather have zero mechanical mods and just a Haltech Elite 2500 if it came down to it, but I plan on doing quite a lot of map development on my own.