SAU Community

Clutch

10 minutes ago, Ben C34 said:

What does positive take up mean?

Feel. The effect of clutch lining frictional characteristic, which is totally subjective to every individual. My son says his clutch takes up to quickly, I think its fine. Subjective.

Edited by Rusty Nuts

At 220kw ish pretty much any lightly upgraded clutch will suit.

If by more positive you mean it bites more suddenly as you let it out, look at the exedy puck style clutches and their billion copies. I much prefer the progressive feel of a full face clutch like that mantic one, particularly if you don't want to be stalling in traffic all day

Have used NPC clutches for a while now for street and track cars with around the same power. Good pedal feel and haven't had any problems. A few friends are using mantics from heavy duty up to twin plates in commodores, skylines and wrx's with all saying good things. 

1 hour ago, Old man 32 GTR said:

Do Nismo make clutches for the GTST, haven’t heard a bad thing about the clutch they make for GTR, everyone who has one says better then factory feel. 

https://www.rhdjapan.com/nismo-super-coppermix-twin-plate-competition-model-clutch-kit-r32-r33.html

scroll down. They’re the same part.

yes I do also have one in the "for sale" thread ?, but the OS Giken and ORC Japanese clutches are amazing, IMO....I'm using my 4th one now, and I wouldn't use anything else. 

ORC single plate will give you great solid feel and is still suitable for traffic and daily driving. 

On 09/02/2020 at 5:01 PM, hardsteppa said:

yes I do also have one in the "for sale" thread ?, but the OS Giken and ORC Japanese clutches are amazing, IMO....I'm using my 4th one now, and I wouldn't use anything else. 

ORC single plate will give you great solid feel and is still suitable for traffic and daily driving. 

Thanks, will look at those too.