SAU Community

stuff idiots say about skylines

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rrrage: I think thats probably the most common line out of this entire thread :)

Hell i've even been known to say that line until I realised that GTS-t's are actually only a small margin behind Silvias in regards to performance.

I encourage virtually any worthy friend who asks for advice on what car to buy to go for a GTST.

Though a mate of mine just picked up a TT 300zx instead of an r32 because he thought gts-t's are too common these days. Plus I have the r32 GTR, so he had to at least get a twin turbo :)

:)

When I was ringing up about tyres today, the chap asked what model car it was for (not like it mattered because I knew the rim specs), I replied, "It's a Skyline" and he said, "....ohhhh ok. Is it a fast one?"

I was dumbfounded. "Ummm, aren't they all?"

Mark

When I was ringing up about tyres today, the chap asked what model car it was for (not like it mattered because I knew the rim specs), I replied, "It's a Skyline" and he said, "....ohhhh ok. Is it a fast one?"

I was dumbfounded. "Ummm, aren't they all?"

Mark

you could own an R31 or R30 skyline... in auto... station wagon...

you could own an R31 or R30 skyline... in auto... station wagon...

hehehe touche funky! :)

Hey funny aside, when I sold my 180SX years ago, this dude rang and wanted to check it out. I asked, "have you driven an import before?", "Yes, my car is imported. It's a Skyline!". I replied, "Excellent!" thinking now we're speaking the same language.

Yes, he turned up in a rust-ridden, auto, Skyline wagon. :)

Mark

Its exactly like this expert at the party I was talking about when i started the thread.. they talk about cars as though they have an unlimited amount of money and they are experts.

The reality is the guys a broke uni student driving an old corolla who is trying to impress the two blonde girls with big breasts that arrived with me, the skyline owner.

Instead we all just laughed at him and he was treated like an annoying peice of crap for the rest of our evening. :)

Hey... i have a skyline... will that impress your big-breasted blonde friends? :):cheers:

I used to get daddy's car alot understandably, but i know i earned what i have and worked ****en hard for it.

I havent had many comments in the GTR, but in the V8 used to get all sorts like "didnt know skylines came in V8s" and "Nissan dont make V8's" though the V8 mainly drew positive comments cause i think it apealed to Jap guys and Bogans alike.

some naive friends of mine were looking at those pictures of a r34 gtr. you know the ones, of the blue one out of the factory brochure. and one was like 'now that, that is a skyline." i thought hey so i started talking to him and he knew F*CK ALL, and his friend was like 'hey that car is in 2f2f wasnt it? the orange one?'

also during the course of conversation i get the "whats your favourite car? and i reply something along the lines of various nissans. and there like 'oh yeah! i love skylines!' and i say 'oh, which one?"

'oh the blue one'

'1999?'

'uhh yeah i think'

'r34 gtr?', :thumbsup: .

'yeah thats the one. oh and 240sx's'

its all because of that piece of shit film the fast and the furious. and im sure nfsu has also made an impact.

this bunch of 17yr old kids approached me when i was in a car park waiting for my GF.

kid 1 : hey nice ride,..what is it ?

kid 2 : its a skyline you moron !

me: smiled...

kid 3 : hey, is this a v6 or a v8 ?

me : its a straight 6 single turbo

kid 1 : wow,.turbo hey, must be fast...is this a TYPE- R ?

me : No,.its a type-S.

kid 1 : Sweet...

kid 2: hey, how much does this mitsubishi skyline worth now adays ?

Me: smiled and said -- alot of money.

then lucky my GF came..then we took off..whew...

that was just dumb...i dont get people who just pretend to know alot of stuff about cars when in fact they know shit really..

I've had:

"wow thats a nice GTR" (i own a gtst)

the usual "how much boost are u running?"

"i think ur car's broken mate, sounds like its leaking when you change gears"

"Want to race my lancer? I just put a pod on it"

"Your car is crap! My cousins commonwhore would beat it"

"Is that a real Nismo bro???"

"You drive like a maniac" (Doing 60 in a 70 zone, not even on boost!)

heaps more, just can't remember all of them.

the other day at the shops i saw two guys poking fun at a r33 and a z32 parked next to each other. they had just rolled up in a late 80's camry with various car stereo stickers (windows, bumper and bonnet) and had a rear spoiler with a brake light in it and....wait for it...a wrx bonnet scoop.

wouldnt be so bad if it was on something newer but here you have a old, boxy 80s car with black bumpers and chrome strips with a modren looking wing and scoop. hey, it probably added a whole heap of downforce for those days at the track. :thumbsup:

some people deserve to be laughed at.

the way SOME of u guys give people shit if they ask you innocent questions while complimenting your car is appauling. I kinda think its good when other people give you shit. Even if they are bogans who dont know what the **** there talking about.

I laughed at the majority comments about the ****stain no clued idiots.

My mate in his R33 gets the daddy car all the time.. shits him to tears and yeh, it would shit me too!!

All you can do is laugh really coz at the end of the day, they are jelous coz u can corner outbreak go faster and pick up more chicks then they can.

*sorry if u cant understand my post im so tired ha ha

i got told to slow down when i was doing 30 in a 50 zone (i drive real slow, i mean, reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal slow)

also

them: "what stage boost are you running?"

me: "what? 11psi if thats what you meant"

them: "oh and what stage intercooler do you have?"

me: "wtf are you talking about?"

them: "my mate said that you can get like a stage 3 turbo and it'll beat gtr's"

me: "stage? wtf? this is gran turismo"

i've also had interesting conversations with australia's greatest mechanics, most involving:

them: "hows the car?"

me: "not bad" (note, i dont like car talk with people that ask the same shit and say the same shit every time you see them)

them: "run it down the quater yet?"

me: "nah cbf"

oh and recently starting around last year

"man do you go drifting?"

actually i had a guy tell me he will drift his ford xe falcon (maybe he could? i wasnt going to listen) and then saying all these camber adjustments that he must of memorized from a recent game of gt or something, but its sickening to hear all this shit being vomited out of their mouths