SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

If it got 262kW out of a 21U at 17psi, what do you think a SS2 at 18psi with usual bolt ons would achieve ?

My ss2 on an unopened 186k/km neo made 265kw at 18 psi with boost leaks and top end restrictions using basic boltons

If it got 262kW out of a 21U at 17psi, what do you think a SS2 at 18psi with usual bolt ons would achieve ?

. 290kw @19psi here just did 308000 km cam belt change.
  • Like 2

That result isnt a 21u housing...

its a Auto C34 Rb25 Neo RWD.

Its a 0p6 housing.

But it still is a GREAT result...as the car has a stock plastic turbo intake pipe haha .... , a stock op6 turbo actuator.. and a just jap return flow cooler....and a bleed tap..

if it was manual.. it would be 280rwkw on 17psi..

cheers

darren

Ok, cool. Here's some thing quite extraordinary. I found my previous run using the ATR45SAT int gated prototype had a collapsed rear muffler.

exhaust.jpg

Had that replaced and, it went up to 380rwkws then run out of fuel. My Walbro fuel pump played up shortly after as it started to run lean and leaner after each dyno run.

power.jpg

enginebay1.jpg

Without the extra back pressure boost creeped to 23psi up top, its not perfect at this stage. More development will be conducted. But 380rwkws out of internally gated bolt on turbo is a pretty good result. With the extra fuel I'm pretty certain it will reach very close to 400rwkws.

• Like 1

What's up with the Walbro mate? Should be good for 450ish. Better check the hose intank, was the relief valve between the pump and lid removed? I bet if you replace the dodgy fuel filter the 34's run you will find extra flow, did Trent try bypassing the filter on the dyno?

I removed the fuel filter and replaced it with a straight piece of metal pipe, made no difference. It started to run lean, and leaner. The voltage to it was fine, the pump has now been replaced, I'm hopping to see this issue solved on my next dyno run. similar scenario happened to my R33 two years ago, except that pump just stopped, left me on roadside for a few hours.

Don't get another

That's great advice, I have sold hundreds without issue. Best intank on the market, but most cheap out on the wiring. These need a 70amp relay and decent wiring like anything that draws 25+ amps.

The chances the pump is at fault are pretty slim. Most likely your relay is flogged Tao, try a direct power feed.

Ok, cool. Here's some thing quite extraordinary. I found my previous run using the ATR45SAT int gated prototype had a collapsed rear muffler.

exhaust.jpg

Had that replaced and, it went up to 380rwkws then run out of fuel. My Walbro fuel pump played up shortly after as it started to run lean and leaner after each dyno run.

power.jpg

enginebay1.jpg

Without the extra back pressure boost creeped to 23psi up top, its not perfect at this stage. More development will be conducted. But 380rwkws out of internally gated bolt on turbo is a pretty good result. With the extra fuel I'm pretty certain it will reach very close to 400rwkws.

Stao, is that the same turbo I have? The ATR45SAT?

Oh, and is that on pump or E85?

Hi, I'm not sure. This is probably the only internally gated prototype ever built. Yours could be an externally gated model or a SS2 internally gated, best refer to order list. It managed 353rwkws on pump before running out fuel. But at 23psi of boost the car was pretty happy with timing and happier to take on more boost. With every thing working it should be maxing out towards 400rwkws E85 or about 370rwkws on pump.

On top of that the turbo it still makes 20psi by 3800RPM and over 200rwkws on either P98 or E85 @ 4000RPM, it makes a pretty good daily.

Hi, I'm not sure. This is probably the only internally gated prototype ever built. Yours could be an externally gated model or a SS2 internally gated, best refer to order list. It managed 353rwkws on pump before running out fuel. But at 23psi of boost the car was pretty happy with timing and happier to take on more boost. With every thing working it should be maxing out towards 400rwkws E85 or about 370rwkws on pump.

On top of that the turbo it still makes 20psi by 3800RPM and over 200rwkws on either P98 or E85 @ 4000RPM, it makes a pretty good daily.

Just checked, it's the ATR43 G4.