SAU Community

Bc Racing Coilovers?

dave how are they mate? you have exactly the same as me and i love them ;)

i just got standard spring rates as well because i dont know too much about it .. and got a pro to install it with all there machines and shit

dave how are they mate? you have exactly the same as me and i love them :wub:

i just got standard spring rates as well because i dont know too much about it .. and got a pro to install it with all there machines and shit

Leigh, I am thinking I might chuck a set in my 33 as well now.

I stepped out of my wrx which is running the BC BR's and into my GTR with the Teins it came with from Japan and it was a rude shock to my spine! :blush:

+1 for BC's

I did my homework on these things and I've been running them in my R33 for over 6 months now including many track days and they are awesome; heaps of adjustment, firm but not too firm (and if you don't like firm why would you even be considering after market coil overs?). My only suggestion is get them set up properly by a suspension professional - it will make a huge difference, you can't just chuck them in and expect everything to be 100%

I have spoken to the guy that first brought these coil-overs into the country and helped develop them for local conditions (he is not the sole Aus retailer any more). "They are great bang for buck and you would have to spend twice as much coin to get something as good from a competitor brand" that is pretty much from the horses mouth (who by the way only sells the other brands now). There are also plenty of professionally prepared race cars out there using them for a while now with no issues at all.

They do come out of the same factory in Taiwan as Greddy and some of the other big name brands.

They are not the best coil over on the market but they probably are the best budget coil over out there (sub $2000+)

Yes you only get what you pay for - it's just that with the big brands you are paying for more than just some hardware - you are paying for all their fancy marketing, advertising & sponsorship etc

The nay-sayers are all just big jap brand lovers who can't live with the fact that they have paid way over the odds for their brand name coil overs (some of which are total crap) and now everyone else can get the same thing for half the money biggrin.gif

Leigh, I am thinking I might chuck a set in my 33 as well now.

I stepped out of my wrx which is running the BC BR's and into my GTR with the Teins it came with from Japan and it was a rude shock to my spine! :blush:

Haha hells yeh :wub: I think BC are making a good name for themself a good price for BRAND NEW babies!

I've had mine on my 32 daily for about 3 months have had no issues. Would also gladly recommend them to anyone. That's my 2cents worth anyway.

I can't believe that some of you are swapping Ohlins and Bilstein stuff over for these.

It may be ok for street use, but for $2k I'd much rather get the SK Group Buy type kit with nice fat monotube Bilstein shocks and decent springs rather than Taiwanese coilovers!

I can't believe that some of you are swapping Ohlins and Bilstein stuff over for these.

It may be ok for street use, but for $2k I'd much rather get the SK Group Buy type kit with nice fat monotube Bilstein shocks and decent springs rather than Taiwanese coilovers!

prices are $1300, $1400, $1700 for each of the models.

a big difference from $2k.

ill probably be getting a set of RMs. ill do a bit more research but it looks like this is the best for a mix of street and track use for only $1400.

• 2 weeks later...

On a budget BC racing is the win i believe. $1199- ive got them really stiff in my rb s13 and had no probs, my good mates also have them in an r32, r33, cefiro and they all agree... brand new 24mths replace warrenty. and they make them for ANYTHING.. Matthew

I just put a set of the BR golds in my gtr and i reckon there great. I chose my own spring rates at front 6 rear 4. Def glad i didnt go harder. They are a tad bouncy when just cruising around but when your pushing it they feel excellent. I still need a wheel alignment as i just bolted them in and set the base height though

• 4 weeks later...

how do these stack up with bouncy roads and train track crossings?

i've had a pair of leaking JIC and Tein in the rear which would bounce abit once hitting those surfaces..... not due to the hard springs, ppl with leaking coilovers will understand.

hard spring rates aint a problem but seeing as i've never used a set that was in good condition i'd rather ask the question

Edited by Dan_J

how do these stack up with bouncy roads and train track crossings?

i've had a pair of leaking JIC and Tein in the rear which would bounce abit once hitting those surfaces..... not due to the hard springs, ppl with leaking coilovers will understand.

hard spring rates aint a problem but seeing as i've never used a set that was in good condition i'd rather ask the question

No problem, I hit triple tracks at 80 every day on the way to work. Tyres stick like glue. Great shocks in these, still perfect after a year of daily thrashing, haven't needed to adjust them yet either.

+1 for BC's.

I've been running BR's in my Stagea for 9 odd months now, well finished, no rattles, brilliant ride, not harsh, just controlled. A huge amount of damping & height adjustment. Very impressive for the dollars.